Rename the game "Ridiculous Longshot Fiesta 16"

Orikoru
10712 posts Has That Special Something
edited June 2016
Two out of every three games now, all the other guy wants to do is work the ball into that magic sweet spot - 20-25 yards out slightly to the right with a right footed player - and bang the long shot to the far corner. It works every time with most TOTS players, it even works 90% of the time with NIF Matuidi and Ramires for ****'s sake. Goalkeepers are powerless to prevent them unless your keeper is 6 foot 6 + then he has like a 10% chance. Nobody wants to play football anyway, just score the same "amazing" goal over and over and over again. I know it's been like this since the game came out but it's got so much worse now everyone has teams full of special cards, where even the worst ones have half decent shooting. So boring.

Comments

  • hayhor1
    14219 posts Has That Special Something
    14 had the right balance for longs shots. They broke this in 15.
  • LordSanchez
    476 posts Sunday League Hero
    Orikoru wrote: »
    Two out of every three games now, all the other guy wants to do is work the ball into that magic sweet spot - 20-25 yards out slightly to the right with a right footed player - and bang the long shot to the far corner. It works every time with most TOTS players, it even works 90% of the time with NIF Matuidi and Ramires for ****'s sake. Goalkeepers are powerless to prevent them unless your keeper is 6 foot 6 + then he has like a 10% chance. Nobody wants to play football anyway, just score the same "amazing" goal over and over and over again. I know it's been like this since the game came out but it's got so much worse now everyone has teams full of special cards, where even the worst ones have half decent shooting. So boring.

    What team are you using?Think I might have played against you.
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    It is not balanced, I agree, but I do love banging one from range
  • Andybelfast
    10935 posts Has That Special Something
    Advait wrote: »
    It is not balanced, I agree, but I do love banging one from range

  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    Orikoru wrote: »
    Two out of every three games now, all the other guy wants to do is work the ball into that magic sweet spot - 20-25 yards out slightly to the right with a right footed player - and bang the long shot to the far corner. It works every time with most TOTS players, it even works 90% of the time with NIF Matuidi and Ramires for ****'s sake. Goalkeepers are powerless to prevent them unless your keeper is 6 foot 6 + then he has like a 10% chance. Nobody wants to play football anyway, just score the same "amazing" goal over and over and over again. I know it's been like this since the game came out but it's got so much worse now everyone has teams full of special cards, where even the worst ones have half decent shooting. So boring.

    What team are you using?Think I might have played against you.

    How do you figure that out?? I've been changing a few players almost daily but my defence has been a fairly consistent SIF Layun, TOTS Umtiti, TOTS Mario Fernandes, UP Bruno Peres lately. Had TOTS Dzagoev and SIF Eremenko in midfield (Dzagoev is gone now though). TOTS Promes RF - TOTS Kalou was in there but he's gone now too.
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    Advait wrote: »
    It is not balanced, I agree, but I do love banging one from range

    Yeah I do, when the moment takes me, or the opportunity presents itself naturally. Some guy I played yesterday literally just kept running with NIF Mertens to that exact spot and shooting though. Even if he overran it, he would turn back to get to that spot where they fly in from, lol. What an idiot.
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    Orikoru wrote: »
    Advait wrote: »
    It is not balanced, I agree, but I do love banging one from range

    Yeah I do, when the moment takes me, or the opportunity presents itself naturally. Some guy I played yesterday literally just kept running with NIF Mertens to that exact spot and shooting though. Even if he overran it, he would turn back to get to that spot where they fly in from, lol. What an idiot.

    That's just stupid haha :D
  • CAVALLOIBZ
    488 posts An Exciting Prospect
    agree, all the match nowis against people who reach that spot and simply shoot... honestly there s no fun at all.. on this game...
  • DunB
    818 posts Semi-Pro
    It looks like some Youtuber (I guess) did find it useful to point this out with some advice, since for the last week(s?) every corner is going outside the box for a longshot try...
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    DunB wrote: »
    It looks like some Youtuber (I guess) did find it useful to point this out with some advice, since for the last week(s?) every corner is going outside the box for a longshot try...

    Tell me about it... it's the one thing that really annoys me about this game. The rest of of the game only annoys me ;)
  • Hagman10
    12296 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 2016
    stevvix wrote: »
    DunB wrote: »
    It looks like some Youtuber (I guess) did find it useful to point this out with some advice, since for the last week(s?) every corner is going outside the box for a longshot try...

    Tell me about it... it's the one thing that really annoys me about this game. The rest of of the game only annoys me ;)

    I've done this all year tbh. Not only because the longshots have been OP, but because hitting corners into the box seems pretty much useless. I'm confident i can count my goals scored by crossing it in on one hand.
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    Hagman10 wrote: »
    stevvix wrote: »
    DunB wrote: »
    It looks like some Youtuber (I guess) did find it useful to point this out with some advice, since for the last week(s?) every corner is going outside the box for a longshot try...

    Tell me about it... it's the one thing that really annoys me about this game. The rest of of the game only annoys me ;)

    I've done this all year tbh. Not only because the longshots have been OP, but because hitting corners into the box seems pretty much useless. I'm confident i can count my goals scored by crossing it in on one hand.

    Same here. I get the occasional crossed goal or straightforward goal from corners but only when the game seems favourable to me. In fact, it seems a goal from a straight corner is just a way of the game evening things up at times.
  • hayhor1
    14219 posts Has That Special Something
    Advait wrote: »
    Orikoru wrote: »
    Advait wrote: »
    It is not balanced, I agree, but I do love banging one from range

    Yeah I do, when the moment takes me, or the opportunity presents itself naturally. Some guy I played yesterday literally just kept running with NIF Mertens to that exact spot and shooting though. Even if he overran it, he would turn back to get to that spot where they fly in from, lol. What an idiot.

    That's just stupid haha :D

  • hayhor1
    14219 posts Has That Special Something
    DunB wrote: »
    It looks like some Youtuber (I guess) did find it useful to point this out with some advice, since for the last week(s?) every corner is going outside the box for a longshot try...

    I score more off corners setting up near post tactics, then hitting the ball too far, then pass/heading back to the near post guy.
  • Rollin21h
    1383 posts Professional
    Just played a guy, he won 6-2.. He scored 5 longshots with tots arfa, one longshot with NIF!!! matuidi. This game is a joke.
  • JPRM71
    2293 posts Fans' Favourite
    Long shots and as usual the overpowered closing down plus lag nightmare mix that leaves you with an unplayable game. So it encourages more morons to bash buttons without thought and claim they are great.
  • Tommygunn
    3135 posts National Call-Up
    Hagman10 wrote: »
    stevvix wrote: »
    DunB wrote: »
    It looks like some Youtuber (I guess) did find it useful to point this out with some advice, since for the last week(s?) every corner is going outside the box for a longshot try...

    Tell me about it... it's the one thing that really annoys me about this game. The rest of of the game only annoys me ;)

    I've done this all year tbh. Not only because the longshots have been OP, but because hitting corners into the box seems pretty much useless. I'm confident i can count my goals scored by crossing it in on one hand.

    I click to change it to my player in the box. Go to a big man usually TOTS Huth take him to the front post and either header at goal or flick on. Score usually a goal at least 1 in every two games

  • LordSanchez
    476 posts Sunday League Hero
    Orikoru wrote: »
    Orikoru wrote: »
    Two out of every three games now, all the other guy wants to do is work the ball into that magic sweet spot - 20-25 yards out slightly to the right with a right footed player - and bang the long shot to the far corner. It works every time with most TOTS players, it even works 90% of the time with NIF Matuidi and Ramires for ****'s sake. Goalkeepers are powerless to prevent them unless your keeper is 6 foot 6 + then he has like a 10% chance. Nobody wants to play football anyway, just score the same "amazing" goal over and over and over again. I know it's been like this since the game came out but it's got so much worse now everyone has teams full of special cards, where even the worst ones have half decent shooting. So boring.

    What team are you using?Think I might have played against you.

    How do you figure that out?? I've been changing a few players almost daily but my defence has been a fairly consistent SIF Layun, TOTS Umtiti, TOTS Mario Fernandes, UP Bruno Peres lately. Had TOTS Dzagoev and SIF Eremenko in midfield (Dzagoev is gone now though). TOTS Promes RF - TOTS Kalou was in there but he's gone now too.

    Had a game around the time you posted where I scored one with Ben Arfa.You play 5 ATB?
  • bgp1845
    1807 posts Play-Off Hero
    you talking about this angle? >:)


    i agree though, they're definitely broken. but at least they look nice. i'd rather long shots be broken and fifa 14's "run down the wing and cross it while tripping over the corner flag" and fifa 15's "just don't let go of sprint."
  • hayhor1
    14219 posts Has That Special Something
    bgp1845 wrote: »
    you talking about this angle? >:)


    i agree though, they're definitely broken. but at least they look nice. i'd rather long shots be broken and fifa 14's "run down the wing and cross it while tripping over the corner flag" and fifa 15's "just don't let go of sprint."

    They could make the long shots and wf more like 14.
  • Sandell85
    7527 posts League Winner
    Its not about the longshots, its the goalkeepers need a fixing.. They cant save anything tbh... Only thing keepers can is to run outside the box and clear it.. :/
  • randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    Sandell85 wrote: »
    Its not about the longshots, its the goalkeepers need a fixing.. They cant save anything tbh... Only thing keepers can is to run outside the box and clear it.. :/

    Yup, keepers become gazelles when a thruball comes in, and the slide-tackle-clearances that become 60 yard thruballs the other way are even more impressive.

    All I want my keep to do is save something near post.
  • Sandell85
    7527 posts League Winner
    Sandell85 wrote: »
    Its not about the longshots, its the goalkeepers need a fixing.. They cant save anything tbh... Only thing keepers can is to run outside the box and clear it.. :/

    Yup, keepers become gazelles when a thruball comes in, and the slide-tackle-clearances that become 60 yard thruballs the other way are even more impressive.

    All I want my keep to do is save something near post.

    Yeah, near post aint gonna happend lol
Sign In or Register to comment.