The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Messi announces retirement from international football

LiveArsenal
1336 posts Professional
Thoughts everyone?

Comments

• LiveArsenal
    1336 posts Professional
    Also Aguero, Mascherano, Lavezzi, Biglia, and Higuain
  • CFCsjmishra
    8946 posts League Winner

What ? :joy: y
  • LiveArsenal
    1336 posts Professional
    edited June 2016
    Crap conditions for them. Bad quality hotels, etc

Plus whatever else idk
  • Ahmer50x
    22009 posts Club Captain
    edited June 2016

This is unconfirmed.

---

"There are several players who are evaluating not continuing with the national team," Aguero said. "This is the worst locker room I've ever been in, worse than the final in the World Cup in Brazil and the other Copa America."

In addition to Messi's comments and Aguero's evaluation, media reports in South America have linked Javier Mascherano, Lucas Biglia, Ever Banega, Ezequiel Lavezzi and Angel Di María with potential international retirement.

---

Bunch of cowards the lot of them if they do though. Their bodies can still physically handle it, but they're quitting on their nation.
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

This is unconfirmed.

---

"There are several players who are evaluating not continuing with the national team," Aguero said. "This is the worst locker room I've ever been in, worse than the final in the World Cup in Brazil and the other Copa America."

In addition to Messi's comments and Aguero's evaluation, media reports in South America have linked Javier Mascherano, Lucas Biglia, Ever Banega, Ezequiel Lavezzi and Angel Di María with potential international retirement.

---

Bunch of cowards the lot of them if they do though. Their bodies can still physically handle it, but they're quitting on their nation.

What cowards has to do with anything? They'll probably all come back when these issues are fixed, seems like something going terribly wrong with the AFA
  • Ahmer50x
    22009 posts Club Captain
    There is, but they should be leading the charge to fix it, not hiding until someone solves everything.
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    There is, but they should be leading the charge to fix it, not hiding until someone solves everything.

I think that's what they're doing. It's not like there are any internationals matches coming, I doubt things will remain the same in the AFA if Messi, Mascherano, Aguero, Banega and Di Maria retire. It's not like they can't "un-retire"
  • Welbeck
    5212 posts Big Money Move
    Did you have the same feeling toward Scholes?
  • ffs Martan
    9805 posts League Winner
    He doesn't remember scholes doing it
  • dannyboy
    12874 posts Has That Special Something

? They don't owe the national team anything.
  • Ahmer50x
    22009 posts Club Captain
    Welbeck wrote: »
    Did you have the same feeling toward Scholes?

So I was 8 or 9 when that happened, but from what I've read about it, it was every bit as shameful for Scholes to turn his back on his country when he was capable of playing on.

Playing for your nation should be an honor, not a burden.
  • CM10
    5043 posts Big Money Move
    Why is it shameful? If so many of them are retiring or considering retirement, the chances are it's part of a bigger issue than just losing that one game anyway.

I expect Messi and co. will reverse their decision(s) in time for the next World Cup, if not before.
  • ViVaWhom
    8498 posts League Winner
    it wasnt an official statement.. wasnt it right after the game? emotions are high, i dont think he will retire
  • Bob Loblaw
    11247 posts Has That Special Something
    this is why you should never go full Ahmer
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    Lol there's no way he's retiring, he knows they'll probably win the WC without him
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    He probably just want to rest for 2 years and come back to the WC and win it with ease
  • Crynaldo
    47 posts Ball Boy
    One of the worst days in the history of calcio.
  • Crynaldo
    47 posts Ball Boy
    The worst thing about this is that it will undoubtedly leave a huge blot on Messi's legacy if he indeed retires. It will leave an extremely sour taste in my mouth to see him perform well for Barça at age 29, knowing that he will not play for the national team anymore.
  • PES
    5173 posts Big Money Move
    He'll be back. Probably just wants to distract from his failure.
  • Ridikuluz
    7696 posts League Winner
    :lol: What a petulant child.
  • Dan13
    4693 posts National Call-Up
    A bit cowardly from him, if he remains permanently retired
  • LiveArsenal
    1336 posts Professional
    Well Messi, Aguero, and Mascherano are confirmed
  • PES
    5173 posts Big Money Move
    Agüero has been such a disaster for Argentina.
  • Tamerlane
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    PES wrote: »

Their entire generation has been a letdown, they have far too much talent to be serial runners up.
  • Andy
    7873 posts League Winner
    Tamerlane wrote: »

Their entire generation has been a letdown, they have far too much talent to be serial runners up.

It's all Higuains fault tbh
  • Crynaldo
    47 posts Ball Boy

CmIjn45WAAAY5YJ.jpg
  • james2060
    2922 posts Fans' Favourite
    Didn't last long. :lol:
  • Andy
    7873 posts League Winner
    2 years from any football now
  • Ridikuluz
    7696 posts League Winner
    It's under two years, which, under Spanish law, means you do not have to serve it. He is such an absolute rodent.
  • dannyboy
    12874 posts Has That Special Something
    Ridikuluz wrote: »
    It's under two years, which, under Spanish law, means you do not have to serve it. He is such an absolute rodent.

How does that work?