Better late than never...

SH999
737 posts Semi-Pro
After all the TOTS hype, and playing countless games with some of the top rated cards available, I have now gone back to a mostly legends team. What a difference!

Either the IG stats are higher for legends than what the cards say, or I'm starting to believe the theory that more than 3 or 4 IF/Special cards actually hurts the team's performance (or both).

I also now have a chance to try out some legends that I couldn't afford earlier in the season, like Stoichcov and Weah.

As for a few non-legends mixed in, it's nice not to have to worry too much about links. Classic Cambiaso has impressed me so far. TOTS Naingolan is the best box-to-box I've used to date. I have to say Buffarini has been the most pleasant surprise of all. He defends much better than I expected.

I guess I've finally learned what many of you already know, and I will no longer be swayed by card ratings alone. I'll take Stoichcov and Weah over any IF/TOTS striker (just my personal preference, not looking for a debate).

Comments

• JohnChelle
    6836 posts Big Money Move
    I totally agree with you - as soon as I got a fantastic looking team with 7 tots in - including toty Ronaldo , the team felt awful , toty Ronaldo (who's nif had 33 in 31 for me ) scorer 4 in 12 and missed chance after chance.

Gone back to top nifs Messi Suarez etc and added to legends , suddenly feels like a different team .

I hate it , it's dumb and it's a game ruiner for me , not sure what the point even is in plying next year if I'm honest .

• Sercs
    18623 posts World Class
    JohnChelle wrote: »
    I totally agree with you - as soon as I got a fantastic looking team with 7 tots in - including toty Ronaldo , the team felt awful , toty Ronaldo (who's nif had 33 in 31 for me ) scorer 4 in 12 and missed chance after chance.

Gone back to top nifs Messi Suarez etc and added to legends , suddenly feels like a different team .

I hate it , it's dumb and it's a game ruiner for me , not sure what the point even is in plying next year if I'm honest .

to get Pele :trollface:
  • JohnChelle
    6836 posts Big Money Move
    Sercs wrote: »
    JohnChelle wrote: »

to get Pele :trollface:

:D If only he was realistic :'(
  • Gaarl
    3650 posts National Call-Up
    I agree, I've got mostly legends now and again I agree with Cambiasso, probably my favourite defensive minded midfielder this year. Stops everything and moves the ball on quickly.
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    13945 posts Moderator
    Legends>All

Went back to legends about 1 month ago.

• Legends>All

Went back to legends about 1 month ago.

this
  • uhMaZiiNq
    11283 posts Has That Special Something
    I had a NIF team with Best, keane, effenberg, Lalas and hierro and it wasn't magical for me. Tbh none of the legends were really worth it to me for the most part. Now if you're loaded and can afford to have all the best legends in one team that's a different story but even Gullit he was good but no way in hell was he worth it when I bought tots Neymar, messi and Ronaldo for less that what he costed