2995 posts National Call-Up
    Xaviesta wrote: »
    I get it, but it's not like they'll play like that for 90 mins

• Bvegas
    1472 posts Play-Off Hero
    Its In the Game
  • maksi
    6650 posts Big Money Move
    I don't see them barging into players without foul and spamming slide tackles.
    Bvegas wrote: »
    Its In the Game

• pittphan
    3023 posts National Call-Up

Tell Mexico that - lol! It was unreal to see the difference in workrate between the two teams. Mexico was just shell shocked... The lesson there, and in FIFA, when the team is pressing you with 7 players in your defensive third.... Just play the ball long and push up. It is very hard, esp in FIFA when there can be poor touches and lag, to pass out of the back.
  • Tim86
    2169 posts Fans' Favourite

They came pretty close yesterday though..incredible press for at least 70 minutes.
  • Choepiechakie
    33891 posts National Team Captain

You only play 12 minutes :trollface:
  • maksi
    pittphan wrote: »
    Just play the ball long and push up. It is very hard, esp in FIFA when there can be poor touches and lag, to pass out of the back.
    it doesn't work in fifa 16 because defenders are automatically moved to intercept every air ball

• Notformeclive
    2799 posts Fans' Favourite
    maksi wrote: »
    I don't see them barging into players without foul and spamming slide tackles.

• DunB
    866 posts Semi-Pro
    Pressuring in FIFA is not the problem but players who play a high pressuring game get away with everything that just isn't right. The constantly banging and barging without any foul called (but when I shoulderpush it's obviously a free kick...), the stamina that doesn't drain at all... I don't have a problem with the high pressuring only with the EA rewarding to it.
  • maksi
    edited June 2016
    In real life high pressure is a very risky tactic if you don't do it right, in FIFA 16 with nerfed air passing is the safest and the cheapest way to get easy goals.

And with interception logic in fifa 16 almost all through ball near proximity to opponent defenders will be automatically intercepted, so you're not vulnerable if you left empty space with high pressure.
  • jmart4173
    13 posts Ball Boy
    EA has it implemented more like bumper cars than anything resembling football...
  • Mdionne415
    1146 posts Professional
    edited June 2016
    If you think HP is exploited, without it would be worse.

The game would be impossible to play. It nearly is now against a slow playing or non-playing type of player. This is inherent to soccer/football as a video game. The option to play keep-way is a much bigger issue than HP. At least HP players are engaging in the game. Plus, there are ways to take advantage against HP opponents. Keep-away play essentially ends the game at the will of the winning player. That dynamic doesn't exist in any other sport or video game. You can literally take the ball and go home.

They need to reinstate the ability for the non-AI player to directly challenge the ball without having to set-up an all-the-time HP defense. I'm sure with this and the stamina drain, we'd have less players using HP as their primary option.