The Beer Thread

Comments

• MaddMike3711
    10971 posts Has That Special Something
    Had an Andechser Hefeweissbier Dunkel last night, it was the first time I had tried that style actually and it was really tasty. You get that banana/bubble gum flavor like usual Hefeweissbiers but then the finish was nice a malty, almost chocolate in flavor. I thought it was great!

Andechser_Weissbier_Dunkel_Foto_ARGUM_Falk_Heller_FH35657_1978_553c2176cd8.jpg

• Tamerlane
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    I had a sip of beer once, I think I can still feel the holes in my throat where it burned me.
  • HolgerBadstuber
    5212 posts Big Money Move
    Tamerlane wrote: »
    I had a sip of beer once, I think I can still feel the holes in my throat where it burned me.
    That's a shame
  • MaddMike3711
    20213939670_8ec3b7af8b_b.jpg
    Having a couple of those tonight because I never tried it.

It's a local brew from Minneapolis and I'm not a real big fan of the whole "hipster IPA" epedemic, but this one is decent. It's not overly hoppy and has a nice balance to it. The finish is nice and smooth for being a high ABV (6.7%), and is easily drinkable.
    While it's not even close to being my favorite beer even for the style, it's definitely a solid beer. :)
  • ColeWorld
    10345 posts Has That Special Something
    edited March 2017
    As a Weißbier lover it's amazing to live in Germany.

The best Weizenbock is Weihenstephaner Vitus. 7.7% and you don't really taste it. The normal one is good aswell

Other good Weissbier are Paulaner and Maisels. Everything from Erdinger is utter **** except the Urweisse which is ok
  • Max_Mania
    5131 posts Big Money Move
    Öttinger >
  • HolgerBadstuber
    ColeWorld wrote: »

The best Weizenbock is Weihenstephaner Vitus. 7.7% and you don't really taste it. The normal one is good aswell

Other good Weissbier are Paulaner and Maisels. Everything from Erdinger is utter **** except the Urweisse which is ok

Want to try the Vitus but haven't seen it anywhere in the UK. Had a Schneider Aventinus the other week which was delicious.
  • ColeWorld

Want to try the Vitus but haven't seen it anywhere in the UK. Had a Schneider Aventinus the other week which was delicious.

Vitus is also hard to get in Germany.
    Totally forgot Schnieders Weisse! From Tap1 to Tap7 is everything delicious.
  • MaddMike3711

Vitus is also hard to get in Germany.
    Totally forgot Schnieders Weisse! From Tap1 to Tap7 is everything delicious.
    That's weird, it's actually pretty easy to find the Vitus over here in America. But my city has a lot
    of people with German ancestry and German family, so German culture is pretty big in my city.

Also, I've had a few of the Schnieder Weissbiers.
    They were pretty good I must admit, but as you mentioned, Weihenstephaner is by far the best one IMO. :)
  • Jenko
    13845 posts Has That Special Something

How on earth do you pronounce this? Bauhaus? Bahas Buhus?
  • MaddMike3711
    Jenko wrote: »

How on earth do you pronounce this? Bauhaus? Bahas Buhus?
    Yes it's Bauhaus, I'm not sure why they write it twice on the can. :D
  • Jfo88
    22613 posts Club Captain
    oAQeBhP.jpg
  • maxwms
    2519 posts Fans' Favourite
    Max_Mania wrote: »
    Non-Bavarian beer is a joke

• Chubbs
    14364 posts Has That Special Something
    Really not enjoyed the Gose beers I've tried.
  • Rozz
    6721 posts Big Money Move
    American beer loool
  • MaddMike3711
    maxwms wrote: »
    @maxwms just wanted to say that I love your new avatar. :D
  • maxwms
    @maxwms just wanted to say that I love your new avatar. :D

@MaddMike3711 thanks bro :wink:
  • ColeWorld
    Bought two boxes of Becks

What a **** beer
  • Andy
    7856 posts League Winner
    edited May 2017
    Had a Bud Light after they've been marketing the **** out of it over here. Like watered down Coors Light.
  • Jenko
    13845 posts Has That Special Something
    Yeah, Yank beers are garbage
  • chokosc
    2845 posts Fans' Favourite
    stella artois > *
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    Andy wrote: »
    Had a Bud Light after they've been marketing the **** out of it over here. Like watered down Coors Light.

of course you'd drink a light beer, **** hell mate get a grip
  • HolgerBadstuber

Has no flavour at all, why anyone wants that is beyond me
  • maxwms

Might as well **** in a glass and mix it with sprite.

The result tastes about the same
  • stickey
    14698 posts Has That Special Something

Disappointed in you, Andy
  • ColeWorld

Might as well **** in a glass and mix it with sprite.

The result tastes about the same

:D
  • Lard_Lad
    12616 posts Has That Special Something
    I don't get this mass marketing of Bud light in the UK, no one here is going to drink it.
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    saw someone the other day wearing a bud light shirt, never have I wanted to be in a mass shooting till then
  • Sabo
    6818 posts Big Money Move
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    I don't get this mass marketing of Bud light in the UK, no one here is going to drink it.

Hearing that it's only 4.2%, that certainly won't go down well. Proper daft.
  • stickey
    14698 posts Has That Special Something
    thoughts on rum lads? not exactly beer lads, but don't find beer exciting anymore (yes, I'm an alcoholic)
This discussion has been closed.