The Beer Thread

Comments

• HolgerBadstuber
    5212 posts Big Money Move
    Buxton Axe Edge, as good an IPA as you're ever going to find.
  • HolgerBadstuber
    beer_191161.jpg
    8.9/10

Would recommend
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    Really enjoy Estrella tbh.

Been getting a mixture of beers recently.

Asahi is great too, tastes really fresh.

Going alchohol free now though (until end of September)
  • Chubbs
    14368 posts Has That Special Something
    Having some more Tropicalia today because I'm convinced it's the best beer in the world. If there is anything better I am surely missing out.
  • Andy
    7856 posts League Winner
    coatsy2008 wrote: »
    Really enjoy Estrella tbh.

Been getting a mixture of beers recently.

Asahi is great too, tastes really fresh.

Going alchohol free now though (until end of September)

Estrella is a good thirst quencher. Not so keen on Asahi though
  • Sabo
    6818 posts Big Money Move
    Agree with Andy tbh, Asahi isn't all that
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    Sabo wrote: »
    Agree with Andy tbh, Asahi isn't all that

:lol:
  • PintOfMagennis
    4452 posts National Call-Up
    Canny beat pint a tennants @Sabo
  • LeedsLester
    6358 posts Big Money Move
    bevvied up on the wine with the back row banter #lads #watfordultras
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    Oh I like it, maybe I am just more of a fan of dry beers
  • HolgerBadstuber
    Brewed a tasty pale ale for the rest of the summer
  • Chubbs
    Tried some Dogfish Head Punkin and Paulaner Octoberfest this weekend enjoyed the latter. First one fro Dogfish that I havent really enjoyed.
  • MaddMike3711
    10971 posts Has That Special Something
    Chubbs wrote: »
    Tried some Dogfish Head Punkin and Paulaner Octoberfest this weekend enjoyed the latter. First one fro Dogfish that I havent really enjoyed.
    But which one though? The dark or light one? The dark one is brewed year round and is meh. The lightly colored one that is 6.0% is the good one, and is brewed seasonally. :)

I drank a few of these. ..
    shapeimage_2.png

And a few of these tonight. :joy:
    hofbrau-oktoberfest-6.gif
  • Chubbs
    @MaddMike3711 It was the one with the white/cream colored label.
  • MaddMike3711
    @MaddMike3711 It was the one with the white/cream colored label.
    Ah yes, that's the year round one. It's a good Marzen I would say, but the one with the blue label is a lot better imo. :)
    If you can find the one I posted above, give it a try, it's super good! :)
  • krakos000
    17470 posts World Class
    Having these 2 right now. Barmy is DELICIOUS and tastes honestly pretty light compared to other Ballast beers but it's 12 percent lol. Never had the other one but saw it at Bevmo so I figured why not. Poland's #1 premium beer apparently

3pO0XmW.jpg

fPLv28d.jpg
  • IceIcePercy
    2551 posts Fans' Favourite
    Had some Khukuri Nepali beer the other day which was quite pleasant

Also quickly becoming a fan of Birra Moretti
  • HolgerBadstuber
    Moretti is one of my go to lagers, that and Singha.

Had a Beavertown Holy Cowbell earlier, quality beer.
  • Birra Moretti and Peroni are the only 2 lagers I really enjoy now. My main tipple now is American IPA. Personal favs are Sierra Nevada Hophunter and Cigar City Jai Alai ( can't get this in UK :( )

Got an order on it's way of a load of stuff i've not tried yet
  • MaddMike3711
    Stopped into my local Polish market today and picked up some Linguiça from Portugal, a couple Bratwursts from Nuremburg, and some other different ones. So I just threw them on the grille, making some sauerkraut from Germany to go along with it, and am going to wash it down with a nice cold Reissdorf Kolsch beer from Cologne. :sunglasses:

img_six-flasche.png
  • PizziPizza
    14040 posts Has That Special Something
    Portuguese beer mmmmmm
    Super Bock is life.
  • Chubbs
    Stopped into my local Polish market today and picked up some Linguiça from Portugal, a couple Bratwursts from Nuremburg, and some other different ones. So I just threw them on the grille, making some sauerkraut from Germany to go along with it, and am going to wash it down with a nice cold Reissdorf Kolsch beer from Cologne. :sunglasses:

img_six-flasche.png

Really enjoy Kolsch, just filled up a growler from the store the other day. Can't remember which one it was though at the moment. Also really enjoying Burnt Hickory's Big Shanty Graham Cracker Stout at the moment.
  • MaddMike3711
    edited December 2016

img_six-flasche.png

Really enjoy Kolsch, just filled up a growler from the store the other day. Can't remember which one it was though at the moment. Also really enjoying Burnt Hickory's Big Shanty Graham Cracker Stout at the moment.
    Nice man! :)
    And yeah, I like Kolsch style beers for a bit of a change, I haven't had that one, I'll have to give it a try next time I'm in the ATL. I was just there btw, stayed in Marietta, went to lake Lanier, it was great! :)
  • nsholmberg11
    1173 posts Professional
    Never had any luck with any barrel aged beer @Jfo88

I got a 6pack of this yesterday and am enjoying it.

avalanche-6-pack.png

@Chubbs ever had their Vanilla Stout? Might be my new favorite beer, always good on a chilly night
  • Chubbs
    Never had any luck with any barrel aged beer @Jfo88

I got a 6pack of this yesterday and am enjoying it.

avalanche-6-pack.png

@Chubbs ever had their Vanilla Stout? Might be my new favorite beer, always good on a chilly night

@nsholmberg11 no I haven't. I'm still new to the beer world usually just grab something new and random evertime I go. Luckily have an awesome gas station nearby with over 200 bottles and 40+ draft to take home.
  • MaddMike3711
    My inner chav was yearning for a drink, don't hate. :joy:
    Fosters.jpg
    But don't worry, I'm only having one until I have a few Hofbräus later on. :D
  • HolgerBadstuber
    That looks nothing like UK Fosters, which is horrible watered down lager. What's that like?
  • MaddMike3711
    edited December 2016
    That looks nothing like UK Fosters, which is horrible watered down lager. What's that like?
    @HolgerBadstuber its because I got the Ale one, which is a lot better than the Lager which comes in a blue can like that.
    It's still cheap and pretty crappy, but I hadn't had a Fosters in probably 5 years and it only costs about 2$, so I picked one up. :D
    Btw, that's not my pic, I just used it show.

Edit: and I would probably give it about a 3.5 out of 10 if I had to score the ale, it's actually drinkable, but still would never be my go to. :D
  • Chubbs
    Had a Jackalope Bearwalker tonight, very tasty brown ale.
  • HolgerBadstuber
    beer_585.jpg
    Had a bottle of this the other day, probably the best US beer I've ever had.
This discussion has been closed.