The Beer Thread

Comments

• krakos000
    17470 posts World Class
    I'm from Southern California and am lucky enough to have a buddy who works at Ballast Point so I've gotten to try all of their beers. Even as new ones are brewed that aren't even released.
  • HolgerBadstuber
    5212 posts Big Money Move
    QAOYuuG.jpg
    Beers are in
  • HolgerBadstuber
    Plus a Schneider Weisse tap 5, quality brew.
  • Jack
    3448 posts National Call-Up
    am going hungary end of july so looking forward to see what they've got on offer...although websites say theyre more known for their wine and palinka (fruity brandy)

At sziget (big music festival on this island in the Danube) they only had one beer, dreher I believe it was called. It was ok but I was absolutely sick of the stuff after a few days :D really gassy I found. Budapest is absolutely beautiful though and the people are lovely. Hungarian girls are nothing short of spectacular I canny wait to be back in August B)
  • LeedsLester
    6358 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 2016
    Going for a more relaxed weekend than yours i'd imagine. Weds-Tues for F1. so not going go get hammered every night :joy:

a) did you try that Palinka
    b) are them ruin bars as good as websites saying?
  • Jack
    3448 posts National Call-Up
    Going for a more relaxed weekend than yours i'd imagine. Weds-Tues for F1. so not going go get hammered every night :joy:

a) did you try that Palinka
    b) are them ruin bars as good as websites saying?

Not that I can remember but I was on buckets of cocktails and stuff and there's long periods that I can't remember :D

Never went pal. Was on the island most of the time. Went to one of the spas though and that was nice, believe they have like a party night in them once a week which looked really cool
  • LeedsLester
    6358 posts Big Money Move
    i see, think with them ruin bars there's relaxed one and more lively ones and just think they look cool to have a drink in +chill as ****

szimpla41.jpg

• Tamerlane
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    3 cheers for alcohol, let's go!
  • MaddMike3711
    10971 posts Has That Special Something
    Having a couple of these watching the US vs Colombia match.
    <3
    esb.jpg
  • HCx Rainbowz
    382 posts Sunday League Hero
    Is cider welcome?
  • MaddMike3711
    Is cider welcome?
    I vote yes. :)
  • HCx Rainbowz
    Well I'm drinking this

old-rosie-stillbr-3-x-2l-header-image.jpg

Best cider in the land
  • MaddMike3711
    Well I'm drinking this

old-rosie-stillbr-3-x-2l-header-image.jpg

Best cider in the land
    Never tried it, but looks tasty!
  • HCx Rainbowz
    If you like still cider with a sweet tang, it's the greatest.
  • MaddMike3711
    If you like still cider with a sweet tang, it's the greatest.
    So you are big into cidre? I'm not personally, but my wife is. She drinks Aspalls, Crispin, Samuel Smiths, etc.
    How would you say it stacks up against those? If you recommend it, I'll tell her to try it. :)
  • HCx Rainbowz
    It's different. It's a bit stronger than most ciders at 7.3%, so some people don't like it on that. It's got a very strong taste at first, then gets lighter and fruitier. It's quite acquired.

I used to be hugely into cider. I'm more of a whiskey man now though.
  • MaddMike3711
    It's different. It's a bit stronger than most ciders at 7.3%, so some people don't like it on that. It's got a very strong taste at first, then gets lighter and fruitier. It's quite acquired.

I used to be hugely into cider. I'm more of a whiskey man now though.
    Ah, fair enough, thanks for the info on it! I'll look for it next time I'm at the store to try one. :)
  • Chubbs
    14374 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 2016
    Local gas station finally got some more in. It's my absolute favorite. Picked up a 64oz growler as well.

IMG_20160628_113624582.jpg
    Chubbs wrote: »
    Local gas station finally got some more in. It's my absolute favorite. Picked up a 64oz growler as well.

Now that looks like a good beer! :)
    And I was just reading about it on BA, 96? That's near perfect. :open_mouth: I need to try it now.

Edit: and I'm going to be in the ATL in August for a week, going to try and find it when I'm down there.

Shouldnt be hard to find at a store, doubt it will be on draft at any restaurant or bar though.

99% sure total wine in Kennesaw and Atlanta have it. Definitely worth it imo, made the golf course extra nice today.
    Post edited by Chubbs on
  • MaddMike3711
    edited June 2016

And I was just reading about it on BA, 96? That's near perfect. :open_mouth: I need to try it now.

Edit: and I'm going to be in the ATL in August for a week, going to try and find it when I'm down there.
    Post edited by MaddMike3711 on
  • helloitsme
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    hi there my fave is strongbow dark fruit i tried it the other day very nice drink thanks
  • MaddMike3711

Shouldnt be hard to find at a store, doubt it will be on draft at any restaurant or bar though.

99% sure total wine in Kennesaw and Atlanta have it. Definitely worth it imo, made the golf course extra nice today.
    Thanks for all the info and suggestions bud! :) I will definitely try and find it when I'm down there.
    We are going for my wife's friends baby shower, so I'm going to need a drink. :D
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    Having a nice Budweiser

Ive drank rat **** better than Budweiser meyt
  • Bob Loblaw
    11247 posts Has That Special Something
    gonna crack open a case of Coors Light. Rocky mountain fresh.
  • Lard_Lad
    12618 posts Has That Special Something
    Going to America in a couple of weeks, any beers that you would recomend, nothing to fancy with weird flavours in though
  • HolgerBadstuber
    Sierra Nevada is simple but quality
  • MaddMike3711
    edited June 2016
    Sierra Nevada is simple but quality
    Yeah this, maybe try to get like a their Pale Ale or something. It's not going to be super exotic and weird, but it's going to be a pretty good beer.

If not, it's always fun to just go to a bar and see what they have on tap. Usually they will have some local stuff, along with the more popular selections. Some bars have tons of variety as well, such as Old Chicago. They usually have about 50 different types, both on tap and in bottles, with descriptions of them all. Just try a few. :)

If you are coming to my neck of the woods (Minnesota) or anywhere around here I would definitely try to get your hands on some Surly though, from Furious to Hell to CynicAle they brew some crazy good stuff.
    Post edited by MaddMike3711 on
  • HolgerBadstuber
    Drinking some home brewed stout, need to do a summer ale.
  • MaddMike3711
    Drinking some home brewed stout, need to do a summer ale.
    I need to start getting into that more. I'm just too lazy, and worried it won't turn out how I want it to. :D
  • HolgerBadstuber
    There's plenty of kits around now you can't really go wrong
  • HolgerBadstuber
    6owuQ8L.jpg
    Top beer
This discussion has been closed.