XBCC "Special" Olympics?

SH999
737 posts Semi-Pro
I was thinking of hosting a tournament for those of us who have high-rated teams, and enjoy this game, but who simply aren't good players.

If you tend to hover around the mid to lower divisions in online seasons, and hate playing against people who abuse certain tactics, this might be an opportunity to have some fun.

If you are a Div 2 or Div 1 regular, or have any of the untradeable TOTS cards in your squad, this isn't the tournament for you.

Rules would be similar to other forum tournaments, but I reserve the right to disqualify anyone who lies about their skill level (as judged by 2 or more opponents).

Min squad rating 84 (up for debate)
Min team Chem 100

More details to follow, but just wanted to see if there is enough interest out there.

Please respond to this thread if you would like to participate.

Apologies if my reference to special olympics offended anyone. I don't mean any disrespect to anyone who struggles with a disability IRL.

Thanks

Comments

• Yung
    11624 posts Has That Special Something
    Damn, I was hoping this was for people who did NOT have a high rated team. Good idea nonetheless, however I reckon that 90% of people on here with those super squads are in D3-D1
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    edited June 2016
    I managed to get relegated to div 6 using tots neymar. I think that qualifies me :D

Currently in div 4 now, highest ive been is div 2.
  • FUT_CPFC
    978 posts Professional
    Highest I've been is Div 4 :/ Been there twice and relegated first season both times. Currently looking like being relegated from Div 6 now! I'd be up for it, but my team rating ranges from 79-82, depending on who I put in (MLS/USA based team)
  • PochBall
    17397 posts World Class
    I have been relegated to Div 11 with a full tots team, i'm in :trollface:
  • hoban95
    48578 posts FIFA Cover Star
    So this a tournament for poor players?

@WombRaider i've found the one for you, mate.
  • LuckyStrikE
    3318 posts National Call-Up
    I think I'm good now. Just made it to division 1 and got 1 win and a draw so far.
  • LuckyStrikE
    3318 posts National Call-Up
    Still barely use skills.
  • barnseyblade
    2674 posts Fans' Favourite
    'Special' ffs. :lol:
  • DoD_Jester
    26253 posts Player of the Year
    I'm in d4 can I join?

Just ignore the fact I got bored and relegated myself to 10 :joy:
  • Yung
    I'm in d4 can I join?

How long does that take? @CAG_Villain
    Looking to do the same
  • DoD_Jester
    Yung wrote: »
    I'm in d4 can I join?

Looking to do the same

Relegation from 1-10 took 3/4 hours but running 10 back to 1 nets around 80k in prize coins
  • WFCBagnall
    69618 posts Moderator
    High rated teams but not very good? Here you go @Uberman656
  • Cerberuhs
    4279 posts National Call-Up
    Yus pls
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    edited June 2016
    I'm div 1-4

I've been in div 1 and held it but I was playing way better than I usually do. I'm mainly shifting between 2-3 now a days

I'm average compared to a lot of forumers so ill join
  • Chubbs
    14273 posts Has That Special Something
    Can't decide whether to be offended by the thread title or laugh now that I've read the OP tbh
  • Yung
    I'm in d4 can I join?

Looking to do the same

Relegation from 1-10 took 3/4 hours but running 10 back to 1 nets around 80k in prize coins

@CAG_Villain do you know how much coins you made from demoting yourself to D10? Unless I'm confused and that's what you meant by the 80k prize coins
  • SKILLED_NOOB1
    1945 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited June 2016
    Not sure where my skill level is at. Started playing FIFA at christmas and got wrecked to start with so have a horrid record but now am slowly climbing and climbing.
    In div 2 atm for the first time and never go below 3 unless I try playing thru a lagfest.

Would be interested in entering.
  • uhMaZiiNq
    11281 posts Has That Special Something
    I've made it to D1 one time then got relegated straight to 5 :lol: think I qualify my seasons record is 125-55-108
  • DoD_Jester
    I'm in d4 can I join?

Looking to do the same

@CAG_Villain do you know how much coins you made from demoting yourself to D10? Unless I'm confused and that's what you meant by the 80k prize coins

The run down nets around 20k, maybe a little less
  • Yung
    I'm in d4 can I join?

Looking to do the same

Cheers although I'm finding it hard to demote myself after working so hard to get to D1. It's just that I need that prize money to get my club going again
  • DoD_Jester
    I'm in d4 can I join?

Looking to do the same

Cheers although I'm finding it hard to demote myself after working so hard to get to D1. It's just that I need that prize money to get my club going again

I did it purely because I wanted to try a brand new formation so wanted easier opponents to get to grips with it, plus you get dome genuinely nice players around 4/5/6, nice looking teams and a gee nice messages to boot
  • Davey Sprockett
    4366 posts National Call-Up
    I'd love too but don't have a great deal of time free right now with work.

Currently just held division 7 for the 3Rd time after getting relegated all the way from 3 (my highest this fifa :D)

Seems like the tournament is made for me, but all I'm doing at the minute when I get in from work is eating, taking the dog for a walk and then falling asleep on the sofa in front of whatever Euro 16 match is on.
  • Uberman
    15729 posts World Class
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    High rated teams but not very good? Here you go @Uberman656

Im bad but not div 5 bad :joy: