SIF Kevin Crapp

Orikoru
10712 posts Has That Special Something
I just cannot fathom this game sometimes. I've been using a team that required me to use a PSG keeper recently. I gave SIF Trapp a go and he saved nothing. Might as well have had a scarecrow in goal, as he only saved the shots which were directly at him. Just stands there the rest of the time twiddling his thumbs while the other team **** shots into the net. I sold him and got MOTM Sirigu for a bit, he was decent but his price soared up a bit so I thought I'd take the profit and give SIF Crapp a second chance to prove himself - it could have just been bad luck, and after all he has better stats than Sirigu does. Nope, once again he saves nothing. Had games where he made just 2 saves and conceded 4 or 5 goals. Even the saves he did make, he often spilled them across his own goal line for a tap-in.

How can it be that a second in form goalkeeper is the worst gold keeper in the game? He played no better than a silver. If player stats are meaningless then what is the point of any of this?? I've now had to change my team and lose Thiago Silva, who was amazing, because of this nonsense.

I will now refer to him only as Kevin Crapp for all of eternity. Even in real life. I really can hold a grudge. Never forgave that **** Leon Osman for crippling one of my players on Football Manager 2007. Crapp is going on the **** list with him.

Comments

• gia
    3166 posts National Call-Up
    jup, he was truly awful for me as well.
    currently having MOTM Sirigu as well. Makes some really good saves, does awful stuff sometimes as well though.

What's your team?
    Could always use a better GK on 7chem...
  • Bozza88
    2062 posts Fans' Favourite
    The title made me chuckle
  • nextqprmanager
    3322 posts National Call-Up
    Funny - yeh Ive used Sirigu nif - ok
    but yeh you might have to change gk
  • Orikoru
    gia wrote: »
    jup, he was truly awful for me as well.
    currently having MOTM Sirigu as well. Makes some really good saves, does awful stuff sometimes as well though.

What's your team?
    Could always use a better GK on 7chem...

I've been changing it slightly every few days to be honest. When I started out it was this:
    http://www.futhead.com/16/squads/14223307/
    As you can see I already had three players on low chem, so I didn't want the keeper and Thiago to be low chem as well. After a while that team became this:
    http://www.futhead.com/16/squads/14416534/
    Again, the same thing where I already had a few low chems and didn't want any more.

Now the team is this anyway: http://www.futhead.com/16/squads/14486788/
    Only used SIF Fährmann once but he already made like two excellent saves that Crapp wouldn't have got anywhere near.
  • nextqprmanager
    3322 posts National Call-Up
    You dont like Neuer?
  • Orikoru
    You dont like Neuer?

Don't have the coins for him at the moment, and even if I did, I don't think any goalkeeper is worth 50k on this game. It's a waste of coins when no keeper is immune to howlers anyway. 25k is about my limit really.

There's not much between him and SIF Fährmann if you actually compare them either. Fährmann has better diving and reflexes and is taller. And half the price.
  • gia
    3166 posts National Call-Up
    nice teams!
    the solution with Veltman looks very good.

GK can be important. For the Bundesliga-Tourny I bought TOTY Neuer as an investment.
    He's like a cheat, ridiculous how many sure goals he stops!

heard very good things about Fährmann, Leno and Neuer. So you have more than enough solutions anyways.
  • Orikoru
    gia wrote: »
    nice teams!
    the solution with Veltman looks very good.

GK can be important. For the Bundesliga-Tourny I bought TOTY Neuer as an investment.
    He's like a cheat, ridiculous how many sure goals he stops!

heard very good things about Fährmann, Leno and Neuer. So you have more than enough solutions anyways.

I looked long and hard for a Thiago replacement, as I like my CBs to be good on the ball. Then I realised Veltman was staring me in the face this whole time, when I already had Klaassen who triple links him! Ha.

Yeah, now I'm not limited to PSG keepers it's happy days. Sad to lose Silva but I have high hopes for Veltman.
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    Use Sirigu bud, Trapp is what you said he is
  • Orikoru
    Advait wrote: »

As said above, I've already changed it and moved onto SIF Fährmann now.

But the point of the topic was more to ask how a goalkeeper with those stats can be so bad? I mean something is wrong there surely? Stats are supposed to be what determine how good a player is. What was making him play that badly?
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    Orikoru wrote: »

But the point of the topic was more to ask how a goalkeeper with those stats can be so bad? I mean something is wrong there surely? Stats are supposed to be what determine how good a player is. What was making him play that badly?

That's always been there in fifa man. Last year, everyone hated Mandanda but he was godly for me. I think it has to do with the type of chances you give to your opponent? Everyone has different styles of defending and maybe, the keeper's performance is influenced by the angles you leave loose for your opponent? That maybe the answer but who knows
  • Orikoru

That's always been there in fifa man. Last year, everyone hated Mandanda but he was godly for me. I think it has to do with the type of chances you give to your opponent? Everyone has different styles of defending and maybe, the keeper's performance is influenced by the angles you leave loose for your opponent? That maybe the answer but who knows

I see where you're coming from but he basically just let in everything, lol. In the box, outside the box, narrow angles, it didn't really matter. He saved a penalty once but that's more me than him. :wink:
  • JPRM71
    2293 posts Fans' Favourite
    NIF Sirigu absolutely adequate, they all let ones in anyway, I played @stevvix last night and his TOTS De Gea was a total muppet.
    Don't waste coins on IF GK's
  • Orikoru
    JPRM71 wrote: »
    NIF Sirigu absolutely adequate, they all let ones in anyway, I played @stevvix last night and his TOTS De Gea was a total muppet.

Yeah, I agree with this 100%, but for my main team I allow myself up to 25k on the keeper. Not bad price for SIF Fährmann. If I desperately need those coins to spend elsewhere I can downgrade him to NIF Leno.
  • ALIDK94
    35 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Strange. He is one of the few good keepers that I have in my team
  • Orikoru
    ALIDK94 wrote: »

How many keepers do you have in your team?? I thought we were only allowed one? :lol:
  • Tripledoubleyoo
    265 posts Sunday League Hero
    As a PSG fan I can tell you he is exactly like that in real life.
    Blanc is getting fired and its a good thing because he stuck with Trapp even though we have Sirigu and Areola in the team.
    Here is some of the highlights of his season:
  • ALIDK94
    35 posts Last Pick at the Park

How many keepers do you have in your team?? I thought we were only allowed one? :lol:

Sorry. I mean in my club :D
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class

I see where you're coming from but he basically just let in everything, lol. In the box, outside the box, narrow angles, it didn't really matter. He saved a penalty once but that's more me than him. :wink:

Haha fair enough then, we put the onus on EA ;)
  • Orikoru
    As a PSG fan I can tell you he is exactly like that in real life.
    Blanc is getting fired and its a good thing because he stuck with Trapp even though we have Sirigu and Areola in the team.
    Here is some of the highlights of his season:

Haha! I've honestly never seen him play. Good to know 'Kevin Crapp' is an appropriate nickname though, hopefully it will catch on!

I didn't actually know Areola was on loan from you guys.
  • Orikoru

Sorry. I mean in my club :D

Ah ok. I was gonna say, maybe if he had another goalkeeper to help him he might not have been so **** useless. He actually makes attempts to save the ball for you then? I'm stunned.
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    JPRM71 wrote: »

The thing is, it's only been in the last day or 2 that De Gea has turned on me. Up til then he's been godly.
  • Djkhalid1921
    9264 posts League Winner
    Try nif Trapp, trust me
  • Ravz9
    25767 posts Player of the Year
    Trapp is unreal for me
  • Orikoru
    Try nif Trapp, trust me

If NIF Trapp was better than SIF Trapp, then that would be the most ridiculous thing of all time.
    Ravz9 wrote: »
    Trapp is unreal for me

I literally don't believe you.
  • HugoFragoso
    747 posts Semi-Pro
    Try nif Trapp, trust me

If NIF Trapp was better than SIF Trapp, then that would be the most ridiculous thing of all time.
    Ravz9 wrote: »
    Trapp is unreal for me

I literally don't believe you.

IF Trapp is one of my favourite GK, mate.
    True story
  • Warren
    1439 posts Play-Off Hero
    SIF Trapp is sometimes insane and sometimes awful for me.
    NIF Sirigu is far more consistent though.
  • dbslbu
    1810 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'd say Neuer is 100% worth 50k. Had him for a good while and he catches so many shots others would parry. He's literally won me games. A lot of games! Rocking with Hart and Lloris now and I miss big Manuel incredibly!
  • LouXC
    801 posts An Exciting Prospect

His first IF helped me win D1. The last time I won it.

• NewOrder
    1483 posts Play-Off Hero
    I just cannot fathom this game sometimes. I've been using a team that required me to use a PSG keeper recently. I gave SIF Trapp a go and he saved nothing. Might as well have had a scarecrow in goal, as he only saved the shots which were directly at him. Just stands there the rest of the time twiddling his thumbs while the other team **** shots into the net. I sold him and got MOTM Sirigu for a bit, he was decent but his price soared up a bit so I thought I'd take the profit and give SIF Crapp a second chance to prove himself - it could have just been bad luck, and after all he has better stats than Sirigu does. Nope, once again he saves nothing. Had games where he made just 2 saves and conceded 4 or 5 goals. Even the saves he did make, he often spilled them across his own goal line for a tap-in.

How can it be that a second in form goalkeeper is the worst gold keeper in the game? He played no better than a silver. If player stats are meaningless then what is the point of any of this?? I've now had to change my team and lose Thiago Silva, who was amazing, because of this nonsense.

I will now refer to him only as Kevin Crapp for all of eternity. Even in real life. I really can hold a grudge. Never forgave that **** Leon Osman for crippling one of my players on Football Manager 2007. Crapp is going on the **** list with him.

Possibly one of the best posts all year made me laugh thanks