FIFA 17 News Thread

Comments

• airpreezy
    963 posts Semi-Pro
    Alex wrote: »
    airpreezy wrote: »
    creative wrote: »
    They should leave campaign's to FPS game's that is pretty much what that is. I mean honestly i would love to have an insight on idea meeting's at EA sports. Do the people who created Saints row 3 and beyond come up with these ideas.

Well, NBA 2K has a similar mode, and it's one of their biggest modes, makes sense for EA to try something similar with FIFA.

But NBA let us createn our own player and 2k got a way way better manager mode as well, a lot to for ea...but it's good to have a story mode

True, but then an example this year, with a story about a specific guy in NBA (Like what FIFA has done), they allowed you to customise the character, and people complained about it, because now you have a White or Asian guy, that grew up in the ghetto with black parents and a black twin, I don't know what FIFA 17's The Journey will include, but if it does include the characters family then it makes sense that you can't customise the main character.

Yes you're right that was really weird...
    But at least fifa should let us change hunters shoes, hair, kit style, clothes for the cut scenes...
    The little things count and fifa mostly do not care about them...but we'll see what theyre about to do for career mode
  • VangheS
    79 posts Park Captain
    I wonder if 17 will be a blast or not...

• From 2014
    That's gamescom. Gamescom isn't til August.

We never get gameplay this early, and don't expect it til July.
  • PochBall
    17397 posts World Class
    Just improve FUT gameplay, add in a few cool new features & add in one or two of;

- Zidane
    - Ronaldinho
    - R9
    - Henry
    - Cruyff
    - Raul

and I will be happy. Not expecting much, it is EA after all.
  • alex1987
    5534 posts Big Money Move
    But the NBA2k16 version is kind of short though. 1 season full of stories but from the start of season 2 it is a regular be a pro mode.
  • HBK1925
    1900 posts Fans' Favourite
    Wish PS4 could get legends. I want them for an Italy squad.
  • Why EA don't care about Career Mode? A lot of people around the world play this mode and EA only think about FUT... what about offline..?? Please make more changes
  • Andoni2815 wrote: »
    Why EA don't care about Career Mode? A lot of people around the world play this mode and EA only think about FUT... what about offline..?? Please make more changes

Changes to career mode were announced September 3th last year... Be patient.
  • krappen07
    5994 posts Big Money Move
    I hope there is additional mode on fut besides seasons and 2000k tourney
  • krappen07
    5994 posts Big Money Move
    2k*
  • Xboxer
    10 posts Ball Boy
    These colors are sexy :D
  • Hoilopp
    9 posts Ball Boy
    edited June 2016
    Fifa 17 gameplay!
  • Habib015
    9 posts Ball Boy
    We must have have the option of creating our own character ! I don't want to play with alex hunter . I want to creat myself in the game and live this virtual dream of becoming a football legend

MAKE THE GAME FOR THE PLAYERS
  • airpreezy
    963 posts Semi-Pro
    Andoni2815 wrote: »
    Why EA don't care about Career Mode? A lot of people around the world play this mode and EA only think about FUT... what about offline..?? Please make more changes

I'll pray that we get any career mode news this year at all...
    I expect nothing, it's EA.
    They do this journey thing and forget everything else or cancel feature's, because they say:"now you've got the journey you don't need a Gm career".

All I can say is look at NHL or NFL the GM node is perfect there, but FIFA is all about FUT @rob @rob
  • airpreezy wrote: »
    Andoni2815 wrote: »

I'll pray that we get any career mode news this year at all...
    I expect nothing, it's EA.
    They do this journey thing and forget everything else or cancel feature's, because they say:"now you've got the journey you don't need a Gm career".

All I can say is look at NHL or NFL the GM node is perfect there, but FIFA is all about FUT @rob @rob

There'll at least be minor improvements to career mode I guess. Last year we got training mode and pre-season tournaments. Only training mode was a decent addition in my opinion. Hopefully more and bigger improvements this year, but I am not confident it will happen. Mostly because of The Journey mode and FUT (gets more attention, unfortunately).
  • One thing that makes me optimistic about this game is the confirmation of touchline sprites for all premier league managers (even if I support a championship team), because I've felt for a long time that Fifa lacks character, and one of the key things I wanted to see that would improve this was touchline activity. It is early days, but manager interaction could have a major impact on how realistic the game is.
    Fifa 17 discussion:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy7hUCmOTBuic-evptSA_Qg
  • the_febo
    835 posts Semi-Pro
    airpreezy wrote: »
    creative wrote: »
    They should leave campaign's to FPS game's that is pretty much what that is. I mean honestly i would love to have an insight on idea meeting's at EA sports. Do the people who created Saints row 3 and beyond come up with these ideas.

Well, NBA 2K has a similar mode, and it's one of their biggest modes, makes sense for EA to try something similar with FIFA.

But NBA let us createn our own player and 2k got a way way better manager mode as well, a lot to for ea...but it's good to have a story mode

True, but then an example this year, with a story about a specific guy in NBA (Like what FIFA has done), they allowed you to customise the character, and people complained about it, because now you have a White or Asian guy, that grew up in the ghetto with black parents and a black twin, I don't know what FIFA 17's The Journey will include, but if it does include the characters family then it makes sense that you can't customise the main character.

Why not an adopted guy then?
    But you're right,EA have not this intelligence....
  • ACamp1900
    342 posts Sunday League Hero
    Being a huge fan of games like NCAA in years past it wouldn't surprise me much if the story mode makes them drop a few things from Manager/Career Mode... like scrapping the pre season tourneys already or the international portion or some such. If we get a few new stadiums, some added international teams and a regional cups with that,... and maybe a fine tuned youth scouting I'd be happy if everything else stayed as is...
  • Hey, this isn't much about the gameplay, but I'm thinking about switching from Xbox 360 to PS4 for fifa 17, will my previous game data for fifa (level wise) carry on?
  • Alastair
    10065 posts Moderator
    MSN_10911 wrote: »
    Hey, this isn't much about the gameplay, but I'm thinking about switching from Xbox 360 to PS4 for fifa 17, will my previous game data for fifa (level wise) carry on?

If it's the same as previous games then EASFC XP (and level) and FCC will transfer over but your FUT account won't.
  • MSN_10911
    4 posts Ball Boy
    edited June 2016
    Alastair wrote: »
    MSN_10911 wrote: »
    Hey, this isn't much about the gameplay, but I'm thinking about switching from Xbox 360 to PS4 for fifa 17, will my previous game data for fifa (level wise) carry on?

If it's the same as previous games then EASFC XP (and level) and FCC will transfer over but your FUT account won't.

Okay, thanks
  • Fifa 17 has been amazing and congratulation Fifa Franchise for being most played football game. Here is some feedback from me.
    -Fixed the change players because sometime it did not change to the players it suppose to.
    -I saw EA has change the through ball in Fifa 17 but I hope normal pass and cross also been overhaul. It is frustrated that the ball will bounce when you miss pass or the pass seem slow not very dynamic and the crosses is not too good.
    -Dribbling and no touch dribbling should be fixed I think it is not natural enough feel more like robots sometime. No touch dribbling should be improved and make the animations right and real.
    -I believe most of the fans expect to have a online mode that we can build our stadium, ball, logo, kits and players so it would be the things we want.
  • PDJEY
    1038 posts Professional
    edited June 2016
    Looks like they fix the damn night lightining
    Hands on impressions

• I beta would be nice, it could help us find things that could get abused and prevent it. Like in 16 where your defenders have no idea on how to cover empty spaces and likewise with offense.
  • any1 else see this on utuk? the mention of "Henry and Ronaldo" :sweat_smile:
    & I do know that it says "potentially" but imop 17 is the one to release them :naughty:

1r1UhhM.jpg
  • this too

z5TTGiO.jpg
  • ManzGOTIT
    2252 posts Fans' Favourite
    J League confirmed for FIFA 17
    PES a Japanese based game just got slapped in the face lol
  • Urubuo
    3 posts Ball Boy
    Quero Jogar com o FLAMENGO.
  • Referee face scans?
  • Vienna