FIFA 17 News Thread

Comments

• ACamp1900
    342 posts Sunday League Hero
    Is there any idea when they will release information pertaining to new stadiums or career mode upgrades?? Is there any typical timeline that we can look at from past releases to get a rough estimate??
  • henryclay1844
    926 posts Professional
    ACamp1900 wrote: »
    Is there any idea when they will release information pertaining to new stadiums or career mode upgrades?? Is there any typical timeline that we can look at from past releases to get a rough estimate??

Likely August, though sometimes this comes out late July.
  • ACamp1900
    342 posts Sunday League Hero
    ACamp1900 wrote: »

Likely August, though sometimes this comes out late July.

Thanks bud.

• ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 2016
    aniallator wrote: »
    Steph3998 wrote: »
    Tonight at 9pm UK Time : FIFA 17 Gameplay live on IGN
    You got a link for it mate?
    Can this be it? http://uk.ign.com/events/e3
  • Alemas_2012
    15495 posts World Class
    ...was that it...?!
  • ManzGOTIT
    2251 posts Fans' Favourite
    What did they show
  • nyx88
    1418 posts Professional
    ManzGOTIT wrote: »
    What did they show

Rutter sitting in a chair. That was all. Not one second of the game.
  • Ashy
    9730 posts League Winner
    Unbelievable.
  • mickjacobjr
    1152 posts Professional
    That was some waste of time total joke
  • ManzGOTIT
    Wow EA shame on you lol
  • henryclay1844
    926 posts Professional
    Yup, that was pathetic, they need to see what MLB the show does for a game when it is new. Maybe in August?
  • Alex
    976 posts Moderator
    They've done this for the last few years by the way, shouldn't really expect gameplay etc at E3, that will most likely come at Gamescom.
  • ManzGOTIT
    Alex wrote: »
    They've done this for the last few years by the way, shouldn't really expect gameplay etc at E3, that will most likely come at Gamescom.
    They usually show in game replays etc. but this year they've done nothing
  • henryclay1844
    926 posts Professional

From 2014
  • Ashy
    9730 posts League Winner
    Ye a little 5 minute chat about nothing we have not been told compared to a 20 minute gameplay video and talk over giving us a lot more details, why do EA have to be so secretive with Fifa compared to other companies and games?
  • zEpick
    96 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Even worse. Make it legend that speaks great English, actually isn't 100000 years old and has more to talk about than themselves.

Pele was a terrible choice.

lmao stop hating on pele you sad idiot.
  • I SiR MartY I
    5503 posts Big Money Move
    zEpick wrote: »
    Even worse. Make it legend that speaks great English, actually isn't 100000 years old and has more to talk about than themselves.

Pele was a terrible choice.

lmao stop hating on pele you sad idiot.

I can do what I like. I wasn't just hating on Pele by the way I was also talking about Maradona and older legends in general. I was just saying I would like someone new to have come on if EA were going to talk about legends, someone younger, someone with better English (A lot of Pele's answers left you there going "what?" and Maradona doesn't speak English) and someone that Fifa players could relate to more.

Pele is an icon but also played 50 years ago and these days is known for taking shots at whoever he can, Maradona is the same and also has a lot of controversy surrounding his career. Having younger legends come on, legends that Fifa players could relate to more and could tell some stories would have been better this year. Legends fans have seen on TV not just in articles taking shots or on Youtube, players they've seen live. It never happened anyway so it doesn't matter but personally, if EA were going to do it again, I would like to see someone like Henry, Cantona, Del Piero, Davids, Cannavaro, Beckham, players from the last generation come on and talk or even a group of them to do. Would have loved that.
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 2016
    It never happened anyway so it doesn't matter but personally, if EA were going to do it again, I would like to see someone like Henry, Cantona, Del Piero, Davids, Cannavaro, Beckham, players from the last generation come on and talk or even a group of them to do. Would have loved that.
    I would only want one man on the stage and that man would be the legend himself: CHRISTIAN "BOBO" VIERI.
    The fact he's considered a legend for what he has done (and he still does) off the pitch more than for what he did during his playing career only adds to his "true legend" status.

Also, imagine this: Vieri, Ronaldo and Maldini... Together.

• Alemas_2012
    15495 posts World Class
    ale85bg wrote: »
    It never happened anyway so it doesn't matter but personally, if EA were going to do it again, I would like to see someone like Henry, Cantona, Del Piero, Davids, Cannavaro, Beckham, players from the last generation come on and talk or even a group of them to do. Would have loved that.
    I would only want one man on the stage and that man would be the legend himself: CHRISTIAN "BOBO" VIERI.
    The fact he's considered a legend for what he has done (and he still does) off the pitch more than for what he did during his playing career only adds to his "true legend" status.

Also, imagine this: Vieri, Ronaldo and Maldini... Together.

Ronaldo knows what's up when Bobo's wandering Milano at night! :joy:
  • WizardMD
    662 posts An Exciting Prospect
    So the story mode can only be played as Alex Hunter? I cannot create my own player in order to play story mode? What kind of joke is this? They should put more time improving CM instead of creating something "new", if you guys are going to create something at least do it right
  • xxLFCBxx
    55 posts Park Captain
    WizardMD wrote: »
    So the story mode can only be played as Alex Hunter? I cannot create my own player in order to play story mode? What kind of joke is this? They should put more time improving CM instead of creating something "new", if you guys are going to create something at least do it right

I guess you can play Hunter and Walker the guy who is always next to him in the trailer but its sad that you can't create your own player but no one confirmed that you only can play Hunter so far
  • Alex
    976 posts Moderator
    xxLFCBxx wrote: »

I guess you can play Hunter and Walker the guy who is always next to him in the trailer but its sad that you can't create your own player but no one confirmed that you only can play Hunter so far

You can only play as Alex Hunter.
  • viva Colonia
    1115 posts Professional

but can you customize him
  • Alex
    976 posts Moderator

but can you customize him

As far as I am aware, nope.
  • creative
    250 posts Sunday League Hero
    They should leave campaign's to FPS game's that is pretty much what that is. I mean honestly i would love to have an insight on idea meeting's at EA sports. Do the people who created Saints row 3 and beyond come up with these ideas.
  • Alex
    976 posts Moderator
    creative wrote: »
    They should leave campaign's to FPS game's that is pretty much what that is. I mean honestly i would love to have an insight on idea meeting's at EA sports. Do the people who created Saints row 3 and beyond come up with these ideas.

Well, NBA 2K has a similar mode, and it's one of their biggest modes, makes sense for EA to try something similar with FIFA.
  • airpreezy
    963 posts Semi-Pro

Well, NBA 2K has a similar mode, and it's one of their biggest modes, makes sense for EA to try something similar with FIFA.

But NBA let us createn our own player and 2k got a way way better manager mode as well, a lot to for ea...but it's good to have a story mode
  • Racso
    17 posts Ball Boy
    Same story every year. It's not in EA's interest to make a decent career mode. It would detract people from playing the extremely lucrative FUT. The only way EA will make significant improvements to career mode is if PES significantly overtake Fifa on this front, then EA would have to compete.

The one thing to look out for that might see this happen in future games (not Fifa 17), is if EA get the rights to the J-League. If this happens then we might see PES move to a more community based editable database. They could in theory have as many leagues as they wanted and move to a more submerging experience in their own version of career mode. But their career mode is as limited as Fifa at the moment.
  • Alex
    976 posts Moderator
    airpreezy wrote: »

But NBA let us createn our own player and 2k got a way way better manager mode as well, a lot to for ea...but it's good to have a story mode

True, but then an example this year, with a story about a specific guy in NBA (Like what FIFA has done), they allowed you to customise the character, and people complained about it, because now you have a White or Asian guy, that grew up in the ghetto with black parents and a black twin, I don't know what FIFA 17's The Journey will include, but if it does include the characters family then it makes sense that you can't customise the main character.
  • WizardMD
    662 posts An Exciting Prospect

Besides you can only play in the premier league, so it's pretty limited for a new feature