FIFA 17 News Thread

Comments

• PDJEY
    1040 posts Professional
    Oh ok thanks!
  • Alastair wrote: »
    PDJEY wrote: »
    At what time they will showcase FIFA?

The countdown on the EA FIFA website ends at 9:45PM UK time so I assume then.

Last year, the trailer was already online when the conference started. Hopefully the same this year because I don't really care about the rest of EA's games.
  • creative
    250 posts Sunday League Hero
    I predict an ultimate team fest, Im pretty sure thats what happened last year literally the whole thing was about EA access and Ultimate team, Im not sure they even mentioned anything else in the game. Maybe it's time they seriously considered a rebrand of fifa and just calling it Ultimate team. W'ell see anyway, Im just the same though I only play FIFA because i love club's which is why i feel so insenced every year, I dont know if im more angry at FIFA or PES for not making pro clubs themselves though.
  • henryclay1844
    927 posts Professional
    Normally EA does not talk about FUT or career mode at E3 time.
  • Boeruh
    197 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited June 2016
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=wD1cPEnjLDo Does this mean story mode but with just 1 player to pick from??

Edit: EA just removed the video, it was trailer for a new game mode called: the journey.
  • Eddie
    718 posts Semi-Pro
    Just seen it. Graphics are last gen esq.
  • airpreezy
    963 posts Semi-Pro
    Any word bout career mode? Manager mode? If there is no Improvement here...I'm really sad
  • Alastair
    10066 posts Moderator
    airpreezy wrote: »
    Any word bout career mode? Manager mode? If there is no Improvement here...I'm really sad

They might be keeping that for a later date (Gamescom maybe?). They normally only announce a single major feature at E3.
  • airpreezy wrote: »

More news in the coming weeks. Like every year there will be videos with news towards the GamesCom.
  • I SiR MartY I
    5521 posts Big Money Move
    "This year is just not about pace"

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Heard that once since Fifa 11
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    I wonder if the managers will be in FUT?
  • SuPeRz
    876 posts Semi-Pro
    Frostbite finally gave us back sweat :|
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    SuPeRz wrote: »
    Wow, and I thought they were going to remove some sweat instead of adding some more.
    I mean, we must give credit to EA for this: FIFA 16 at launch was nowhere as sweaty as FIFA 15.
  • Alastair
    10066 posts Moderator
    edited June 2016
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Wow, and I thought they were going to remove some sweat instead of adding some more.
    I mean, we must give credit to EA for this: FIFA 16 at launch was nowhere as sweaty as FIFA 15.

@ale85bg I think you got the wrong kind of sweat, he means the type that comes out of your body. :p
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Alastair wrote: »
    @ale85bg I think you got the wrong kind of sweat, he means the type that comes out of your body. :p
    Yeah I know. It was meant to be a pun but I assume it didn't work as expected. :p
  • Alastair
    10066 posts Moderator
    Yeah I know. It was meant to be a pun but I assume it didn't work as expected. :p

Ah, sarcasm doesn't work on the Internet. ;)
  • nyx88
    1418 posts Professional

• Pepper-Andy-UK
    17 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I hope Pro clubs is updated with new features, FUT is for children and money spending zombies.
    Pro clubs needs revamping
  • SuPeRz
    876 posts Semi-Pro

Lol it worked, I got it :D
  • nyx88
    1418 posts Professional
    edited June 2016
    Looking forward to all the people that said they wouldn't buy Fifa 17 be here on day 1.

As much as I hate Fifa at times, Ill pick this up, the visuals will be amazing but it will play like utter **** and be a bug filled, exploit friendly mess. Standard.

Nooooo! We must stand firm, don't pick it up if it's rubbish...

Don't get it if:

1. It's size is less than 35gb....NBA 2k16 is over 40gb and has less players, so you'll know this FIFA isn't truly next gen just by the size.
    2. There are no improvements to your pro clubs, career mode etc.
    3. There are no online lobbies
    4. There are No dedicated servers
    5. It's not January 1st 2017 and all the true reviews and most game changing patches are already in
    6. If it got infected with EAids by January 1st 2017

......I am still excited and hopeful though, hyped!

Never going to happen

1. File compression
    2. There isn't going to be a Pro Clubs improvements, EA don't care about it. We're lucky Clubs is even in the game at this point. We're looking at the same mode, same pros and same stats/builds for another year
    3. Won't be lobbies, no chance they'll bring it back
    4. Costs more money and means creating a seperate online game to the offline game especially for Azure.
    5. Never listen to reviews, someone else's opinion will never be the same as yours also EA pay people to say good things about their game...Reddit mods getting offered free games to delete all negative posts about some broken EA game last year, Youtubers will get offered money to claim Fifa 17 is new and improved and better than the old one and no more glitches, pace doesn't work bla bla. Never listened to a review, don't plan on starting.
    6. It'll be infected by the end of the first week, somebody will find an exploit and its going to be the rage for the next year...the Ganso, ball rolls, LT X, no touch speed boost, skill dribble speed boost, every year has a new exploit. Fifa 17 won't be any different once people figure out how to abuse the game and exploit the broken mechanics.

I'm still going to get the game, 15 quid for the standard edition, Can't complain

Also, found this, no idea how legit it is..probably photoshopped.

eQxl5Ou.png

So we were sure this is fake because of the wrong format of the 7 right!? But when you look at the last gameplay trailer on the adboards of the chelsea stadium it actually shows the number 7 in the format of the picture above. Could this be an early concept art of ea without final choice of the number style? How would somebody have known this early ea would use this yellow color sheme for fifa 17...
  • WR8FLUX
    9 posts Ball Boy
    Looking forward to all the people that said they wouldn't buy Fifa 17 be here on day 1.

As much as I hate Fifa at times, Ill pick this up, the visuals will be amazing but it will play like utter **** and be a bug filled, exploit friendly mess. Standard.

Only buying it if it has Pro Clubs in it!!!
  • GoonerS
    5 posts Ball Boy
    I've posted this is a few places so hopefully it can be seen and applied.

A very simple request. Could there be an opportunity to play with our career mode teams in at least exhibition matches. It would be perfect to get this potentially online.

Another thing would be great if if you could return the online tournaments/leagues. So you can play online with your mates competitively
    That was really cool
  • Steph3998
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero
    Tonight at 9pm UK Time : FIFA 17 Gameplay live on IGN
  • Eddie
    718 posts Semi-Pro
    Wonder if it's actual gamplay or just instant replays again.
  • ManzGOTIT
    2255 posts Fans' Favourite
    Eddie wrote: »
    Wonder if it's actual gamplay or just instant replays again.
    I was thinking the same
    I think as it has been for the last few years it'll be instant replays again
  • PDJEY
    1040 posts Professional
    Got to love them replays doe
  • To the people from EA Sports:

Please create the opportunity to play with the Catalan National Team!
    At least in career mode it would be very nice to play frienship games (the national team isn't official yet) to make the life of your player seem more realistic!
  • I SiR MartY I
    5521 posts Big Money Move
    WR8FLUX wrote: »

Only buying it if it has Pro Clubs in it!!!

It does. It says 1-22 players on the info for buying the game.

Assume that means clubs 11v11 is still there. Probably no changes but it'll still be there.
  • aniallator
    12 posts Ball Boy
    Steph3998 wrote: »
    Tonight at 9pm UK Time : FIFA 17 Gameplay live on IGN
    You got a link for it mate?