All-Out Attacking Question

JGCramp
1387 posts Professional
I'm playing friendly seasons against a buddy of mine and every time he goes into all-out attacking his defense becomes impenetrable to the point where he has 8 guys in the box playing defense at all times. It becomes impossible for me to generate any offense and he's always in position to stop counter-attacks (It's like his players get a speed or stamina burst). How can it be that attacking improves his offense and his defense?

Has anyone else seen this with someone playing attacking style? How do you play against this? Thanks

Comments

• Auslo17
    1341 posts Professional
    Have you tried sending it long to your striker? Whenever people go all out attack against me I don't have any problems getting through
  • JGCramp
    1387 posts Professional
    I sometimesl try that but I can't seem to ever weight the passes properly.
  • Dutchcaliber
    2788 posts Fans' Favourite
    JGCramp wrote: »

Wich players are you using?
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    He goes all out attacking and still have 8 guys defending in HIS box? That doesn't make sense, unless I'm missing something
  • HekTic_JukeZ
    2349 posts Fans' Favourite
    He might be lying to you
  • RadioShaq
    15857 posts Moderator
    All out attack makes them move forward like high pressure. He is probably on low pressure or park the bus.
  • Boomhauer
    1053 posts Professional
    If someone goes all out attack and high press they have players dragged out of position, you can pass through them when they make a mistake and over commit.
  • JGCramp
    1387 posts Professional
    JGCramp wrote: »

Wich players are you using?

I use different squads, but lately I've been playing a lot with this 4-3-1-2 squad:

Ben Yedder Lacazette
    Pastore
    N'Doye Gonalons Tolisso
    Sidibe Umtiti Mandi Aurier
    Ruffier
  • JGCramp
    1387 posts Professional
    He might be lying to you

I hadn't even thought of that. But, yeah, that makes more sense than him playing all out attack and having 8 guys in the box.
  • JGCramp
    1387 posts Professional
    Boomhauer wrote: »
    If someone goes all out attack and high press they have players dragged out of position, you can pass through them when they make a mistake and over commit.

I guess I need to work on my passing. It's been a struggle for me since the latest patch. Thanks for the advice.