Annoying FIFA tactics that work (sometimes)

EDDlE
1705 posts Play-Off Hero
Not a complaint thread just want to see if we can cover them all.

-Corner kick then quick cross for ridiculous accuracy to near post headers

-Zig Zag Skilling

-Kickoff Maradona run

-Players on the goal line for free kicks

-Spam slide tackles

What else am I missing?

Comments

  • Skywalker42O
    2522 posts Fans' Favourite
    Do taking long shots every 5 seconds count ?
  • EDDlE
    1705 posts Play-Off Hero
    Do taking long shots every 5 seconds count ?

    I always admire long shots getting scored on me, they take a bit of skill to pull off and aim it right.
  • RandomLhama83
    10076 posts Has That Special Something
    Kick off maradona run has to be the toughest to deal with. The ai Seems to not respond well right after kickoff.
  • Punboy69
    173 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    kind of a tactic but lately every shot i seem to take gets blocked
  • WaCoug615
    9651 posts League Winner
    - Barging you over everywhere on the pitch for no foul, especially in the penalty box

    - Ball-roll spamming

    - Three-man contain for 90 minutes with no apparent stamina loss
  • AlexSolm
    7902 posts League Winner
    Juggling the ball, impossible to stop without a foul
  • EDDlE
    1705 posts Play-Off Hero
    WaCoug615 wrote: »
    - Barging you over everywhere on the pitch for no foul, especially in the penalty box

    - Ball-roll spamming

    - Three-man contain for 90 minutes with no apparent stamina loss

    Three man ? Usually for me I deal with double teammate contain?

    I agree in the barging, so much physicality that you get away with in this game.

    Let's add

    -dribbling down the line like walkig a tight rope then passing to box for a cheap goal

  • EDDlE
    1705 posts Play-Off Hero
    Punboy69 wrote: »
    kind of a tactic but lately every shot i seem to take gets blocked

    Same here, I hesitate so much to shoot because of this because I try to fake shot to get an open look but they keep coming

  • WaCoug615
    9651 posts League Winner
    EDDlE wrote: »
    WaCoug615 wrote: »
    - Barging you over everywhere on the pitch for no foul, especially in the penalty box

    - Ball-roll spamming

    - Three-man contain for 90 minutes with no apparent stamina loss

    Three man ? Usually for me I deal with double teammate contain?

    I agree in the barging, so much physicality that you get away with in this game.

    Let's add

    -dribbling down the line like walkig a tight rope then passing to box for a cheap goal

    Yeah, the bellends who either A) crank aggression way up so you're always being chased by two and then mirror you with normal contain and/or B ) The guy who is able to do some combination of this AND block the passing lanes and play decent positional defense at the same time. Infuriating when it's kinda working and you're off your game/not patient enough.
  • ha032742
    33930 posts Moderator
    Corner flag op shielding
  • EDDlE
    1705 posts Play-Off Hero
    WaCoug615 wrote: »
    EDDlE wrote: »
    WaCoug615 wrote: »
    - Barging you over everywhere on the pitch for no foul, especially in the penalty box

    - Ball-roll spamming

    - Three-man contain for 90 minutes with no apparent stamina loss

    Three man ? Usually for me I deal with double teammate contain?

    I agree in the barging, so much physicality that you get away with in this game.

    Let's add

    -dribbling down the line like walkig a tight rope then passing to box for a cheap goal

    Yeah, the bellends who either A) crank aggression way up so you're always being chased by two and then mirror you with normal contain and/or B ) The guy who is able to do some combination of this AND block the passing lanes and play decent positional defense at the same time. Infuriating when it's kinda working and you're off your game/not patient enough.

    Exactly, you worded it perfectly, I played Kurt last year after being up 1-0, he did this with his Vieira, and I swear no matter what I did, he took the ball. I tried to hold the ball since I knew he was playing the passing lane but then he'd jump out and disposses the ball right away. It's so unrealistic and it's very much alive in this years FIFA too.
  • pittphan
    3015 posts National Call-Up
    Basically the people who just park the bus and then play a ground through ball to their stikers the second they get possession. They don't care if they turn the ball over because they don't want their team pushin up on the attack anyway... They just want you (or the player switching or defensive AI) to make one mistake so they get a 1v1 with the keeper.

    Also some of these types like to just pace down the line and then play the ground crosses over and over.
Sign In or Register to comment.