Brief review of my team

SummerOfGeorge
3120 posts National Call-Up
b2c2dbcd84796c11f5f6565eb0f3a75e.png

False 9 around the Bayern Boys has been my goal for one of my final teams for a while and after 21 games I'm quite content.

Stats:

Insigne: 10/2g/4a
Bergkamp: 21/28g/9a
Costa: 9/4g/1a
Pjanic: 10/2g/11a
Naingg: 21/0g/5a
Müller: 21/5g/4a

Insigne: Very fast, incredibly shifty and weak as can be. Missed some good chances but his passing is on point. Runs all game like a madman, usable on defense with his speed. Workrates haven't been an issue.

Costa: Had another TOTS that I sold before EA TOTS was released and he was great for me, this one is the same. The ball sticks to his feet, 5* skills and both feet are usable, his left one is a real rocket. One of my favourite cards, wish he had a bit better stamina though

Pjanic: Also my 2nd edition of this card. First one didn't have quite as good stats but he has been running the game for me ever since I bought him. Impeccable passing, great positioning and vision and a good shot.

Naingg: Unfortunately one of the more underwhelming cards. He get's plenty of opportunity to shoot but it always seems off. Positioning is okay but I feel like Vidal and TOTS Marchisio were better in this spot

Müller: Can't wait to pick up his TOTS card. Many people don't like him at CM but I feel like he's ideal for this position. Defensively he's okay and far from a liability, but going forward is obviously where he shines. If the game kept track of secondary assists he'd have a ton (pass to assist). In front of goal he's a killer and his TOTS should be a nice boost for pace and physicality.

Bergkamp: Well, his record already speaks volumes, but I'm very pleasantly surprised by how good this card is. He's not rapid fast or particularly strong, but he is a fantastic combination of both. He can win headers, dribble through the opposing difference or score from anywhere around the box.
His finesse shot is fantastic on both feet and he get's great power behind them, ball control is sublime, as is his touch on the ball.

After going through a bunch of other midrange players like Hagi, Rui Costa, Deco, 95 Ibra, 93 Lewa, NIF Messi/CR7/Suarez, TIF HBA and so on I'll probably stick it out with the non-flying Dutchman.

Sandro: The biggest letdown of this team, feels no different than his NIF. Good card but I'll be trying some other Serie A LBs.

Rudiger: Okay, wouldn't necessarily play him if not for chem reasons though

Boateng: One of my favourite NIF CBs

Alaba: Great LB and solid at RB. Not gonna fork out 300k+ for MotM Lahm and the alternatives are not particularly enticing

Had a few ragequites in there, all but 2 or 3 games were played in Div 2&1, the rest was in Hoban's league Div 2

Comments

• KingLionel10
    15081 posts World Class
    Yip, smashed & tortured me with Dennis.
  • SummerOfGeorge

I think it was against you that he had one of my favourite goals so far, receiving the ball standing outside the box and he just curled it beautifully around your keeper towards the long post with his 'weak' foot. Has won me some games I shouldn't have, including the one against you
  • Kikapu
    184 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I used TOTS Muller in midfield and he was great assisting and when he would get a chance he would score am sure you will love him.

Agree with you about Costa he was great when I used him. Used at ST he averaged a goal a game on the wing he was fun but not as prolific.
  • BcfcDale88
    3864 posts National Call-Up
    Lol secondary assist. That's a new one.
  • iflynno
    932 posts Semi-Pro
    Swap IF Rudiger and TOTS Nain for NIF Chiellini and TOTS Marchisio?
  • SummerOfGeorge

@BcfcDale88 It's a hockey term, but I do agree that it is a better system to just record the actual assister on the play. Nevertheless I felt it worth noting that he is very often an integral part of creating chances for me, which is why I mentioned it

@Kikapu I could see Costa being a pit of a tease as a striker. He has all the ability on the ball but his finishing let's him down at times, which can be particularly annoying if he's the focal point of the attack
  • SummerOfGeorge
    @iflynno already using March in my other team as a link for dybala, otherwise I'd swap them out
  • Tar Heels 23
    1205 posts Professional
    edited June 2016
    First off wonderful forum name lol, I'd say stick with Nainggolan, he just scored a great header for me, and has ripped some nice long shots as well. Using him right now and using Pjanic as a sub and both have been awesome.
    Post edited by Tar Heels 23 on
  • Kikapu
    184 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    @SummerOfGeorge You are a bit right he would miss some chances but no more than any other striker just below the elite band. Certainly worth using there.
  • iflynno
    932 posts Semi-Pro
    @iflynno already using March in my other team as a link for dybala, otherwise I'd swap them out

Have you tried NIF Khedira?
  • KingLionel10
    15081 posts World Class

I think it was against you that he had one of my favourite goals so far, receiving the ball standing outside the box and he just curled it beautifully around your keeper towards the long post with his 'weak' foot. Has won me some games I shouldn't have, including the one against you

Aye, I actually watched the replay of that goal after the game finished cause I just remember thinking wtf when he scored it haha. Just stood still on the spot and curled it with his left, cracking goal.
  • McNani17
    307 posts Sunday League Hero
    I've found that Insigne and Sandro both play pretty much the same for me as theu do for you. Sandro is especially quite a let down tbh.
  • Ringle
    396 posts Sunday League Hero
    Nice team, Nice review
  • Ringle
    Been selling players trying to get enough for TOTS Neymar but I may just go for a team with that Costa Muller combo instead?
  • SummerOfGeorge
    @Ringle never used and better version than the up of neymar so I can't really compare them, but I'd imagine he plays like an improved version or Costa with that dual 5*. That being said, he's much more expensive and I feel like with Bayern you can put an excellent and relatively cheap team around Douglas Costa or invest in cards like tots muller/tif lewa with the coins you are saving
  • Ringle
    @Ringle never used and better version than the up of neymar so I can't really compare them, but I'd imagine he plays like an improved version or Costa with that dual 5*. That being said, he's much more expensive and I feel like with Bayern you can put an excellent and relatively cheap team around Douglas Costa or invest in cards like tots muller/tif lewa with the coins you are saving

Yeah that's what I was thinking. cheers dude
  • uhMaZiiNq
    11824 posts Has That Special Something
    I agree about Nain so far he has one nice stand still goal from the edge of the box where I just stopped and shot it but his shots have mostly been off target. Marchisio is a lot better imo. Not sure if I wanna keep him or not
  • uhMaZiiNq
    11824 posts Has That Special Something
    Ringle wrote: »
    Been selling players trying to get enough for TOTS Neymar but I may just go for a team with that Costa Muller combo instead?

Get UP Neymar and TOTS Costa best of both. Vidal is an excellent CM for like 5k as opposed to Muller
  • Ringle
    Screenshot_2016-06-06-04-20-16_zpsbyif3x0k.jpg
  • Ringle
    Went with that in the end let's see how it goes thanks for the inspiration