Best GK-CB-RB combo for 20k?

Orikoru
10712 posts Has That Special Something
edited June 2016
I just made a couple of changes to my team, left myself with about 20k in the bank (well, 19k plus whatever the current three sell for if I sell them).

Currently using Handanovic, Miranda and Peres, who have all been really good and I have no reason to replace them really - unless there's a fantastic combo I'm overlooking? Any suggestions?

Note:
Boateng is already the other CB.
CB must be quick - 75 pace benchmark.
RB should ideally be tall and fast.
And when I say combo I mean green-linking of course.

Comments

• Jason1986
    6918 posts Big Money Move
    De Gea, Smalling, Walker.

Three of the better players I've used this season. Smalling is usually a rock for me and Walker is a very competent RB. De Gea best keeper in the BPL.
  • TurdFerguson
    2292 posts Fans' Favourite
    UP Cech UP Kosc UP Bellarin
  • Orikoru
    Jason1986 wrote: »
    De Gea, Smalling, Walker.

Three of the better players I've used this season. Smalling is usually a rock for me and Walker is a very competent RB. De Gea best keeper in the BPL.

I actually used those three before, a short while ago. De Gea and Walker were amazing, but I just wasn't convinced by Smalling. He didn't quite seem up to standard - especially with Boateng next to him making him look bad by comparison.

I'm wondering if it's worth getting Thiago Silva if it means I have to use NIF Sirigu/Trapp and Aurier? :confused:
  • Jason1986
    Was it the 82 rated Smalling? Most defenders would look a little less competent next to Boateng lol.

I wouldn't recommend Sirigu, he was awful for me in the Ligue 1 cup and Aurier wasn't much better, always found him sitting too narrow. Maybe Trapp and Van Der Wiel?
  • Izzy2K17
    11698 posts Has That Special Something
    Socratis, piscech, Leno/ iF Fahrmann (sorry if I spelled their names wrong)
  • gia
    3166 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 2016
    I love UP Florenzi. Most fun I've had with a fullback (Lichtsteiner is solid as well)
    and Barzagli & Chiellini are among the best few CBs imo.
    Buffon is good (some dislike him though) and there are two cheap Italian TOTS GK (haven't tried them as I have an untradable RB Buffon).

I think Chiellini-Florenzi-Sorrentino should be possible with your coins.
    or Barzagli-Florenzi-Viviano
  • FIS
    4286 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 2016
    abate chiellini tots viviano
  • Orikoru
    Was it the 82 rated Smalling? Most defenders would look a little less competent next to Boateng lol.

I wouldn't recommend Sirigu, he was awful for me in the Ligue 1 cup and Aurier wasn't much better, always found him sitting too narrow. Maybe Trapp and Van Der Wiel?

Yeah 82 Smalling. He was ok just not amazing. I use Koscielny in another team and he seems a lot better, for example. Might go Cech-Kosc-Bellerin but I'm not a huge lover of Bellerin when he's pretty much just pace and **** all else.

Thiago Silva is probably a non-starter then. Trapp has basically the same stats as Sirigu but minus the long thrower trait. VDW I can't see being any better than Aurier really.
  • FC Maexle
    2063 posts Fans' Favourite
    UP Cech UP Kosc UP Bellarin

• Orikoru
    What about Courtois-Cahill-Walker? Anyone used Cahill? I don't think I have.
  • dbslbu
    1810 posts Fans' Favourite
    Been using IF Rudiger and UP Florenzi next to Boateng and Neuer. Pretty perfect really! Rudiger is something else!!
  • FIS
    4286 posts National Call-Up
    Orikoru wrote: »

he is decent nothing special i would go with either abate chiellini tots viviano
    or UP Cech UP Kosc UP Bellarin
  • Orikoru
    FIS wrote: »

he is decent nothing special i would go with either abate chiellini tots viviano

I hated Chiellini. Clumsy **** was a walking own goal and penalty generator for me.
  • gia
    3166 posts National Call-Up
    Barzagli then
    + Florenzi & TOTS Viviano
  • Jason1986

I hated Chiellini. Clumsy **** was a walking own goal and penalty generator for me.

Agree. Barzagli is far better than Chiellini.

Cant recall using Cahill this season. But he was one of my favourite CB's last season.
  • Orikoru
    edited June 2016

Agree. Barzagli is far better than Chiellini.

Cant recall using Cahill this season. But he was one of my favourite CB's last season.

I realised I haven't tried Courtois yet either and he is about the only top Prem keeper who doesn't have the stupid puncher trait, so I'm going to try him Cahill & Walker. If Cahill is no good I'll go to Cech Koscielny Bellerin as my back up. I have untradeable Kosc anyway, he's currently in my fitness team - with Barzagli.
  • Orikoru
    edited June 2016
    Bumping this because I just realised TOTS Fabinho is only 13k! He double-links Thiago Silva of course and has to be better than Aurier. Unfortunately I would have to use normal Sirigu though, and save up for MOTM Sirigu at a later time. But keepers are all useless anyway so it hardly matters, right? (I also have more like 30k now)
  • iyad69100
    1687 posts Play-Off Hero
    Lloris - Koscielny - Bellerin
    FTW