Blue_Saints discard IF trading guide

Bob_Dylan
19183 posts World Class
edited March 2017
Hello and welcome to my first ever guide, I've recently gotten quite a few requests from people wondering how I trade so I thought that I'd write this guide people who are struggling.

Before we start it might be worth mentioning the fact that english is not my mother tongue.

Introduction
This method is not something I've discovered myself and I don't want to take credit for other people's work this is simply a method I found in one of @Abdulhamed 's videos and then adapted to my own liking. I started using this method in Fifa 16 and went from having 300k coins to having 2.3 mil coins in about 3 months. Since a while back I've been using it in Fifa 17 and once again it's working great. I am a PS4 user but I'm confident that this works on all consoles.

Pros
The reason as to why this is my favorite method is that it's basically risk free, basically all 75+ rated special cards will sooner or later cost 12 000 or more which results in your cards being bought. If you for some reason want to get rid of you cards quickly you can discard them for just a few hundred coins less than what you paid for the card (If you ask me you should never discard a cards as they all eventually sell). To summarize, this method is great for those of us who aren't too comfortable in taking risks.

Cons
You should be able to invest at least 100k in this method but the more the better and obviously not everyone can spare such big large amounts of coins making it hard to start doing. With this method you will 'only' make 162.5-1400 coins per card so if you want a few larger profits this is probably not the method for you.

How do I use this method to maximise profits?
The method itself is rather simple the factors that will decide how many coins you make depends who you buy, when you buy and most importantly how much time you invest in trading.

Step-By-Step *examples in spoilers*
1. Go on the transfer market and use these parameters, Card type: Special, minimum BIN:10 000, maximum BIN: 11 000
obPro77.png

2. Buy players you think will sell such as players with pace, players from popular leagues, players of smaller supply, hyped players and so on. Remember though to only pick up special cards (IFs, TOTS, MOTMs etc). You should also only pick up 75+ rated cards as they are easier to sell and got a higher discard value.
My transferlist, all of these have sold. Try to never buy more than 5 of the same card unless you're absolutely convinced the cards will sell.
3Lh0agl.png

3. List the players you've bought according to these parameters, Start price: 11 750, BIN 12 000, 1 hour
1e0Xkuy.png

4. Arsenal Keep repeating step one 1-3 and relist as often as you can and watch your pile of coins getting bigger.
n84pbHs.png

Does this work?
Well obviously, if it didn't I wouldn't be making this guide but I'm sure you reading this will want some kind of evidence so I will post some in the spoiler below.
mjomKKW.png
well...yeah

Final notes
This method definitely works, I made about 2 mil in about 3 months using this last year and it has already been proved to work this year as well. I am convinced it will work for you as well if you follow this guide. Feel free to ask question by either messaging me or posting here.
Post edited by Bob_Dylan on

Comments

• Dawud
    15660 posts World Class
    nice guide
  • heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    Two things:

One, those with smaller coin piles, especially at start of the year, can adapt his same strategy with NIFs. Find a few players that sell semi-frequently at 850, buy at 650, profit. Same idea of no-risk high-volume trading.

Two, while it probably seems obvious to most it's important to understand why this works. All you're doing is using your liquid coin balance to buy up players on bids...which most are too impatient to bother with. Then you're simply marking them up a bit on BIN. You're providing a service, by converting auctions with unrealistic BINs into ones with reasonable ones. There's no trickery, you're not (generally) ripping the buyer off. You're just profiting by tying up your coins in investments rather than putting them on the field.

I'm pretty lazy, so this method has been great for me. I usually go for quick turns though...so I'm usually buying this week's lower rated players on mass bids at 10K, marking up to 11K or 11.5K, and calling it good. I've made millions doing it.
  • mattiparka
    10409 posts Has That Special Something
    dont tell monk!
  • Jamesl2001
    1602 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yeah I do this and I've made around a million, great guide
  • apfelmus_maCHer1
    46302 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Dawud wrote: »
    nice guide

• Bob_Dylan
    19183 posts World Class
    nice guide
    nice guide

Jamesl2001 wrote: »
    Yeah I do this and I've made around a million, great guide

nice and thanks pal
    heavymcd wrote: »
    Two things:

One, those with smaller coin piles, especially at start of the year, can adapt his same strategy with NIFs. Find a few players that sell semi-frequently at 850, buy at 650, profit. Same idea of no-risk high-volume trading.

Two, while it probably seems obvious to most it's important to understand why this works. All you're doing is using your liquid coin balance to buy up players on bids...which most are too impatient to bother with. Then you're simply marking them up a bit on BIN. You're providing a service, by converting auctions with unrealistic BINs into ones with reasonable ones. There's no trickery, you're not (generally) ripping the buyer off. You're just profiting by tying up your coins in investments rather than putting them on the field.

I'm pretty lazy, so this method has been great for me. I usually go for quick turns though...so I'm usually buying this week's lower rated players on mass bids at 10K, marking up to 11K or 11.5K, and calling it good. I've made millions doing it.

agree on all points, I mostly won cards on BIN rather than bids but overall it's the same method
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    Most of the coins I have today are on account of your help. Top guide, top lad.
    :heart:
  • Bob_Dylan
    19183 posts World Class
    Advait wrote: »
    Most of the coins I have today are on account of your help. Top guide, top lad.
    :heart:

Glad I could help you mate :)
  • Scott101
    143 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Have you found any players that don't sell? Like IF Silmani or If Aduriz for example as there other IF's are so cheap, surely no one buys the original.
  • Bob_Dylan
    19183 posts World Class
    Scott101 wrote: »
    Have you found any players that don't sell? Like IF Silmani or If Aduriz for example as there other IF's are so cheap, surely no one buys the original.

Slimani was selling but as he got more IFs and a TOTS it started to take more time between sales, don't think I've ever traded with Aduriz
  • heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something

Absolutely. Anytime you've got SIF or TIF cards near discard, the IF is tough to move. It may move randomly (somebody buys it by mistake) but generally they won't sell.

Avoid those obviously, but if you buy it by accident you're only out a hundred or two coins. No biggie.
  • Scott101

Absolutely. Anytime you've got SIF or TIF cards near discard, the IF is tough to move. It may move randomly (somebody buys it by mistake) but generally they won't sell.

Avoid those obviously, but if you buy it by accident you're only out a hundred or two coins. No biggie.

Right, cheers guys. Bought about 400k worth 11k and under, I'll see how it goes.
  • DangerousPanda21
    57 posts Park Captain

Right, cheers guys. Bought about 400k worth 11k and under, I'll see how it goes.

can u pm me or put it up on here just so im double sure to do this method
    cheers :#
  • Scott101

I've bought about 40 so far and about 15-20 have sold. Haven't been keeping a record or anything but its definitely working.

I'd stick to the main 5 leagues plus Turkish and Dutch league, only exception being a Robbie Keane that's already sold as well. Would reccomend stick to 80+ rated players too. Having a decent amount of joy with the TOTS' that are out right now. Buying all for 11k and under and selling for 11.75k SP and 12k BIN.
  • Bob_Dylan
    19183 posts World Class

I've bought about 40 so far and about 15-20 have sold. Haven't been keeping a record or anything but its definitely working.

I'd stick to the main 5 leagues plus Turkish and Dutch league, only exception being a Robbie Keane that's already sold as well. Would reccomend stick to 80+ rated players too. Having a decent amount of joy with the TOTS' that are out right now. Buying all for 11k and under and selling for 11.75k SP and 12k BIN.

Nice :)
  • EisenErmin
    3882 posts National Call-Up

You do realise that there is a 5% fee on every Player sold?
    If you buy for 11K and sell for 12K, you will earn only 400 coins because the Player sold for 12K will only get you 11.400 coins.
  • Scott101

Cheers mate, great guide.
  • Scott101
    EisenErmin wrote: »

If you buy for 11K and sell for 12K, you will earn only 400 coins because the Player sold for 12K will only get you 11.400 coins.

Yeah, completely understand that, but its not bad for the little effort needed. Plus I have enough coins already to be listing 100 of these types of cards an hour.
  • Bob_Dylan
    19183 posts World Class

Cheers mate, great guide.

Thanks and good luck with your trading
  • DangerousPanda21
    57 posts Park Captain
    EisenErmin wrote: »

Yeah, completely understand that, but its not bad for the little effort needed. Plus I have enough coins already to be listing 100 of these types of cards an hour.

yeh thats the problem for me i only have 30k so its probably not the best for me
  • xCOLLISx
    520 posts Sunday League Hero
    Nice guide man, might give this a go now I have 100k laying around with my teams complete for now.
  • Bob_Dylan
    19183 posts World Class
    xCOLLISx wrote: »
    Nice guide man, might give this a go now I have 100k laying around with my teams complete for now.

thanks mate and you should definitely try it
  • xXTato99Xx
    1300 posts Professional
    With spare 40k what would you guys recomend? 4 IFs?
  • Bob_Dylan
    19183 posts World Class
    xXTato99Xx wrote: »

work your way up to 100k by trading with consumables such as contracts or go with cheap gold NIFs then give this method a try
  • Scott101
    edited May 2016
    xXTato99Xx wrote: »

Silvers are the way to go imo. There was a method I used for a bit where I'd mass bid on rare silvers that looked decent (good league/high rating/high pace etc) at 300 coins and sell on for 350 SP/400 BIN. I'd sometimes try selling at 400 SP/500 BIN first as occasionally you'd pick up a bargain, then reduce the price if they didn't sell.

Similar to this method but with rare silvers, so lower profits but same strategy. Mass bidding with small profits, and like this method you can quick sell for a very small loss if needed - but I wouldn't recommend it.

After doing that for a but I traded with BPL silversjust after Leicester won the league. Players like Mahrez and Vardy were very popular and were going for double what they are now. Not sure how well they sell now. Also PF'd Jake Livermore which actually worked quite well somehow...
  • SJR440
    4259 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 2016
    @Blue_Saints Just got my coins wiped for attempting this, someone from EA is getting an earful when I get home...
  • Bob_Dylan
    19183 posts World Class
    @SJR440 I'm sure they'll give them back
  • SJR440
    4259 posts National Call-Up
    @SJR440 I'm sure they'll give them back

@Blue_Saints Just means another night on live chat again which I did not be wanting to do after working since 6am. Annoying.
  • Pieman25
    14897 posts Has That Special Something
    SJR440 wrote: »
    @Blue_Saints Just got my coins wiped for attempting this, someone from EA is getting an earful when I get home...

Really? The IF trading guide has been going on in the Xbox section for at least a couple of years now and I haven't seen 1 person from it punished.