TOTS Icardi Appreciation Thread

Coops
5095 posts Big Money Move
edited June 2016
0219269001451529106_filepicker.jpg

Not really seen a lot of love for TOTS Icardi on the forums so far and this needs to change. Bought him yesterday for just over 100k and he's been the best striker I've used this year.

The stats:
500cecf93f53554245664948b39bbae1.png

In-game stats:
919e851457f82d7452b54f488c7c0380.png

In the stats that matter, he's the perfect striker. 99 finishing/positioning/heading/jumping are obviously the standout stats, but it's also worth noting his balance/agility/reactions/ball control/short passing too. Not only is he strong, but his balance makes him even more difficult to knock off the ball.

The only real downside is his 2* skills, but I've found this has made me focus more on making the right decisions on the ball. The temptation with strikers with 4/5* skills is to do pointless skills and then lose the ball, but this obviously isn't applicable to Icardi and I feel it's made me a better player as a result.

My team:
03bb3c4c9a51e6a2a77202a24c275515.png

Standard Serie A team but with Gaitan on the left. Played around 200 games with Serie A teams this year and there's not a single LW option I've been able to consistently get results with, and it's nice having a purple card there.

Gaitan and Candreva are two of the best crossers I've used this year, and given Icardi's in game stats, it's a fairly obvious tactic to use. I've found that people generally don't make too much of an effort to block crosses this year, and when you've got players out wide like Candreva and Gaitan, this is something fairly easy to exploit.

Some clips:
FJCK6P5.gif

This was against TOTS Miranda, just to highlight how strong he is. Lovely bit of dribbling just before the finish.

tKpWTwA.gif

Again, dreadful defending, but this still highlights how quick he is and how good his dribbling can be.

2xlhUO1.gif

The verdict:
The 2* skills is an obvious let down and will put people off, but stat-wise you couldn't ask for a better striker. Buy him.
Post edited by Coops on

Comments

• xXTato99Xx
    1300 posts Professional
    I have scored over 100 goals with his NIF let alone his IFs.
    Haven't bougth the TOTS because I'm waiting for him to drop a bit as I'm short on coins but will 100% pick him up.

I'm a big fan of Mauritooooo IRL and IG!

My school notebook's have a wallpaper of him that I drew :sunglasses:

The God himself!
  • Sloosh
    6753 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 2016
    Coops wrote: »
    tKpWTwA.gif

Again, dreadful defending, but this still highlights how quick he is and how good his dribbling can be.
    smh

• Farlz
    8276 posts League Winner
    good thread
  • slicknick
    2626 posts Fans' Favourite
    still really pissed off he got in over Bacca >:)

I'll probably try him if I have enough coins leftover after getting Higuain, Insigne, and Hamsik.
  • Pugzilla
    15632 posts World Class
    He is great for me. 2* skills not a problem because if it ain't 4* or higher there really isn't a need for them. The 3* ones I used last year are garbage this year for me, Roulette Heel to Heel etc. The best ones are 2* anyway, ball roll, fake shot, and body feint. He hasn't scored many with the head for me but the finishing on both feet is really good. Happy you like him too OP.
  • Jmcgraghan
    1072 posts Professional
    edited May 2016
    He is unreal, nothing he can't do unless you count skills.
  • ethnick
    5852 posts Big Money Move
    How's his passing guys ? Has good workrates for a false 9.
  • Dezakk
    340 posts Sunday League Hero
    How do you guys record game clips and post it here?
  • Seandimes
    1515 posts Play-Off Hero
    Thoughts on playing him upfront together with Dyballa? Would 2 m/l strikers be a problem?
  • Ravz9
    25767 posts Player of the Year
    looks good, only thing is im dreadful at crossing so worried i might not be able to use him effectively

regardless i might make this as a team to try out for a few games tonight
    abad502342da830b628f87e8fe1cf159.png
  • Coops
    ethnick wrote: »
    How's his passing guys ? Has good workrates for a false 9.

His passing is decent, but I wouldn't necessarily fancy relying on him to be the hub of the team as he would be as a false 9.
  • Coops
    Seandimes wrote: »
    Thoughts on playing him upfront together with Dyballa? Would 2 m/l strikers be a problem?

I think he's best suited playing as a lone striker, but as long as you're still using wide players in your team he should be fine.
  • Coops
    Dezakk wrote: »

If you're on Xbox, just go to this site and you'll find all the clips you've saved: http://xboxdvr.com

In game though you just need to double tap the home button and you'll get the option to record a clip and it'll record the last 30 seconds of gameplay.
  • TobyyyAlderweireld
    1297 posts Professional
    388ce2e27dfc07b29e7262d78d613347.png
  • Wooly1203
    2390 posts Fans' Favourite
    Plan on picking him up at some point myself. Got absolutely hammered by him in draft
  • SYMMO19
    848 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Horrendously bad for me but seems i'm in the minority.

I bought him to use in the Serie A tournament and in 8 games he scored 0 even though I made the final once and then won it, replaced him with 86 Higuain NIF who got 5 in 3.

His movement wasn't great, kept hitting the post and just about the only redeeming feature was that he won most headers from goal kicks but for 102k he was very disappointing.
  • holdenwait
    54795 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    does he have his real face in game?

• Dezakk
    340 posts Sunday League Hero
    Dezakk wrote: »

If you're on Xbox, just go to this site and you'll find all the clips you've saved: http://xboxdvr.com

In game though you just need to double tap the home button and you'll get the option to record a clip and it'll record the last 30 seconds of gameplay.

Ty and how do you record your goals? Double tap?
  • Coops
    holdenwait wrote: »

He does.
  • Coops
    SYMMO19 wrote: »
    Horrendously bad for me but seems i'm in the minority.

I bought him to use in the Serie A tournament and in 8 games he scored 0 even though I made the final once and then won it, replaced him with 86 Higuain NIF who got 5 in 3.

His movement wasn't great, kept hitting the post and just about the only redeeming feature was that he won most headers from goal kicks but for 102k he was very disappointing.

I watched a few reviews on YouTube and basically all of them were negative, so you're not alone there.
  • holdenwait
    holdenwait wrote: »

He does.

excellent! thanks

last year his TOTS was one of my ultimate favorites but didn't use him even once this year.
  • StewParty
    4052 posts National Call-Up
    Poor man's TOTS Dybala.
  • Kip2MyLou
    7396 posts League Winner
    I'll be picking him up when he gets cheaper. His tif killed it for me
  • jbunnerz
    1287 posts Professional
    Soon

afa9e80fbf0a39a09c570bf6111c9b2a.png
  • Kip2MyLou
    7396 posts League Winner
    Soon

dzkAJkr.png
  • holdenwait
    would've been so much nicer with a special pic.. can't believe because of sheer laziness only starting 11's get pictures.. how lame
  • Coops
    Record is now up to 28 in 21, starting to look a lot nicer.
  • Farlz
    8276 posts League Winner
    Record is now up to 28 in 21, starting to look a lot nicer.
    boosting against @Sloosh doesn't count unfortunately

• Jaxite
    22372 posts Club Captain
    Play seasons and that record with soon change.
  • JohnDoe
    11202 posts Has That Special Something
    StewParty wrote: »
    Poor man's TOTS Dybala.

They're quite different IG.