What's The Point of 3-0 Losses?

FifaBoy2007
592 posts Sunday League Hero
Every time I go 3-0 up online my opponent disconnects. Make it a 10-0 loss on their record please EA so it encourages people to stop quitting!!

Comments

• bravia26s
    298 posts Sunday League Hero
    I played 10 matches today
    Lost 7
    Drew2
    Won 1
    And the one i leading 2-0
    He disconnects
    Wahaha
  • FifaBoy2007
    bravia26s wrote: »
    I played 10 matches today
    Lost 7
    Drew2
    Won 1
    And the one i leading 2-0
    He disconnects
    Wahaha

Stupid isn't it? If EA gave people a 10-0 loss they'd stop quitting when they're 2 or 3 down..
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    What's the point of 10-0 losses? No cares about the scores anyway. If you make the penalty for rage quitting bigger, you will just make people put down their controllers, which is far worse than rage quitting.

I don't see the point in continuing a game when I'm winning this easily, I happily take these rage quits and move on to play another game.
  • BLaZiNgSPEED
    404 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have better ideas than that!

Quitter should be penalized from being able to play online for the next 5 hours. Extreme quitting 24 hours ban from online play.

Other ideas I have is that the quitter should receive less points for a win in the next game online. Quitters should also have a larger slump in rating points.

Sadly online such as Season mode is only about divisions. But EA could implement this if they wanted to. If I was the developer, I certainly would! It's just that they do not care about normal online mode, they only care about Ultimate Team.

The quitter doesn't care about receiving a 10-0 loss. Because after a few games that history will go right down and will be eventually lost. It's not enough of a punishment to prevent quitters.
  • SuPeRz
    876 posts Semi-Pro
    edited May 2016
    I have better ideas than that!

Quitter should be penalized from being able to play online for the next 5 hours. Extreme quitting 24 hours ban from online play.

Other ideas I have is that the quitter should receive less points for a win in the next game online. Quitters should also have a larger slump in rating points.

Sadly online such as Season mode is only about divisions. But EA could implement this if they wanted to. If I was the developer, I certainly would! It's just that they do not care about normal online mode, they only care about Ultimate Team.

The quitter doesn't care about receiving a 10-0 loss. Because after a few games that history will go right down and will be eventually lost. It's not enough of a punishment to prevent quitters.

And what happens if you disconnected because of power outage or ISP problems... You can't play for the rest of day?
  • BLaZiNgSPEED
    edited May 2016
    I thought of that problem. Maybe there should be an implementation where if you get disconnected 3 times in 1 day then you get a 5 hour ban from playing online!

I'm certain that power outages are not that frequent (in fact quite rare). And ISP's are fairly reliable nowadays not to make your internet disconnect so frequently. My last disconnect was probably 8 months ago.

As we know most of the quitters online didn't disconnect due to an internet issue, but mostly when they were losing a match.

Plus if you were disconnected due to a rare issue such as ISP problem or power outage it shouldn't punish the player as it will be a rare incident. But in the case of the frequent disconnectors, it would be too obvious to believe that it is a technical issue.

Like for example a few years ago FIFA online had DNF% in users stats. If someone has a DNF of 30% for example it would be very obvious to know that, that player is just an instinctual quitter!
  • THJ71
    745 posts Semi-Pro
    So what about quitting when the game is unplayable due to the Lag.
  • guitarhero
    68 posts Park Captain
    What's the point of players exploiting bad connections? To be honest, I always disconnect when the connection is bad, because the timing is way off. It's just no fun playing.
    Then again, what's the point of Div. I players being connected to Div. 5 players. It just doesn't make sense. There are so many exploits in this game and once opponents start abusing them, it's no longer a football game.
  • KaverHansen
    432 posts Sunday League Hero
    As long as you still get a win when a guy disconnects why do you care ?
  • FifaBoy2007
    As long as you still get a win when a guy disconnects why do you care ?

Because its f*cking annoying, if people can quit and get the same outcome than actually carrying on with the full 90 minutes what's the point in me even playing if I go to 2-0 up they quit? I don't care if I win or lose, kids these days.
  • KaverHansen
    432 posts Sunday League Hero
    I was just thinking if you play seasond for example and a guy quits on you youre just quicker on to the next one. I love when they quit early :)

But i wouldnt mind either if there was a strict penalty for quitting. Like not beeing able to play for a day og two
  • FifaBoy2007
    I was just thinking if you play seasond for example and a guy quits on you youre just quicker on to the next one. I love when they quit early :)

But i wouldnt mind either if there was a strict penalty for quitting. Like not beeing able to play for a day og two

Yeah I know what you mean, but i don't care if I win or lose I just want a good game of football, it's not my fault I'm winning 2-0 :joy:
  • Every time I go 3-0 up online my opponent disconnects. Make it a 10-0 loss on their record please EA so it encourages people to stop quitting!!

honestly i would rather play a full match but if the other player quits then i get the win anyway. so who cares?
  • FifaBoy2007
    Every time I go 3-0 up online my opponent disconnects. Make it a 10-0 loss on their record please EA so it encourages people to stop quitting!!

honestly i would rather play a full match but if the other player quits then i get the win anyway. so who cares?

Like I suggested, he only quits because if he's 3-0 down why carry on? Just quit and get a 3-0 loss anyway..

If you make it a 10-0 loss, he might play on!!
  • Rumplefish wrote: »
    What's the point of 10-0 losses? No cares about the scores anyway. If you make the penalty for rage quitting bigger, you will just make people put down their controllers, which is far worse than rage quitting.

I don't see the point in continuing a game when I'm winning this easily, I happily take these rage quits and move on to play another game.

im not in support of the 10-0 loss rule but that would actually hurt the player. on your online profile at easports.com/fifa, you have a goal differential stat. so a 10-0 loss would be very bad for that.
  • FifaBoy2007
    Rumplefish wrote: »

im not in support of the 10-0 loss rule but that would actually hurt the player. on your online profile at easports.com/fifa, you have a goal differential stat. so a 10-0 loss would be very bad for that.

Correct! So it will stop them quitting!!
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    Rumplefish wrote: »

Hardly anyone looks at that profile, doubt most people even know it exists.
  • lordCriper
    313 posts Sunday League Hero
    A 3-0 or a 15-0 loss makes no difference at all. Besides, I quit a lot of matches due to bad connection/lag or when i'm up against someone playing custom tactics with insane pressing. Why? Because win or lose, those games are no fun to play.
  • Khwalo
    154 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    When i lead i always pray that my opponent doesn't quit, i sometimes lose the ball on purpose just to give my opponent that hope. i try by all means not to score in the first half and in the 60th minute thats where the pick of my game starts with every move an attack at least by that time my opponent wont be tempted to quit.
  • Khwalo
    154 posts Has Potential To Be Special

we might have a risk of having less players online as most will be restricted from playing after their rage quits
  • FifaBoy2007
    Khwalo wrote: »

we might have a risk of having less players online as most will be restricted from playing after their rage quits

Less weasels the better. I can find a game instantly now anyway so I wouldnt mind waiting 1 minute extra to find a decent opponent.
  • BLaZiNgSPEED
    Khwalo wrote: »

No, it won't. This was my point, if you can punish users from playing the game for certain amount of hours. It will definitely stop them from quitting their games.

Plus FIFA will naturally always have more people online than any other sports game even compared to NBA 2K/Live.

Better to have fewer players online, but sensible players than many but not so. I too am not so bothered about receiving only the win. For me it's not all about the online stats. It's about being able to enjoy the game thoroughly.

Plus every year when the new FIFA comes out we will have fresh stats from the beginning. These online stats are never as permanent like compared to online chess. They don't stick with you for life.

No one will remember their own online FIFA stats or their opponents once a new FIFA comes. Everyone will be too busy concentrating on their current online stats without having to worry about their stats from last year or 5 years ago from previous FIFA's.
  • i love playing the entire game but my opponent quitting is fine with me because it actually doesnt happen all that often. to me anyway. and for me the game is much more fun when im winning. and if they quit i win so.......
  • AFCB CARL
    212 posts Sunday League Hero

What about if EA introduced online rating system?
    If a player quits or spams or just leaves you give him a 1 if he plays a full game it's a 5 before every game (load screen) you have the rating percentage of the player you then get a choice if you want to continue to a game or search for someone else!

Seems simple and effective!?
  • JohnDoe
    11309 posts Has That Special Something
    I've taken 5-0+ beatings several times, and didn't quit, but I've also been down 2-0 or 3-0 and quit, not going to lie about that. It's all about how I'm losing. Is my opponent much better than me? If so, I won't quit, as I might learn something useful that I can integrate into my game. But if I'm down 3-0 after taking 15 shots from very good scoring positions inside the box with 90+ finishing players, whilst watching my opponent's keeper make impossible save after impossible save, or the ball hitting the post 5 or 6 times, and my opponent scores 3 long shots with Remy and co., then there's no point in wasting my time, as I won't learn anything from such an experience.