Is there any formation where the CAM is the most important player?

FredDarrell
940 posts Professional
Scoring most goals specifically.

Comments

• IKE_P_H
    1159 posts Professional
    Either false 9 (not actualy a CAM) or any with two attackers with a cam coming from behind (41212 for example). I score lots of goals with cams in that formation
  • nanotech__
    917 posts Semi-Pro
  • SimmoEFC
    11613 posts Has That Special Something
  • FredDarrell
    940 posts Professional
    IKE_P_H wrote: »
    Either false 9 (not actualy a CAM) or any with two attackers with a cam coming from behind (41212 for example). I score lots of goals with cams in that formation
    nanotech__ wrote: »
    SimmoEFC wrote: »

I will give those a shot, I am playing with 41212 (2) and rarely score with my cam, he assist a lot tho.

Thanks for the suggestions.
  • Brazil4fun
    2605 posts Fans' Favourite
    Not a cam , but in 4411 , everything goes through the cf
  • markfoged
    383 posts Sunday League Hero
    In 433(4), my cam is usually my second highest goalscorer, and the player with most assists. Arguably the most central player. Make sure you put him on 'Stay forward'
  • illinifan
    8676 posts League Winner
    Ever since I've switched to a 4-3-3 (2), I've played so much better. In my experience, CAMs aren't very effective in this game. They never seem to be in the right place, and I always found myself having to force the ball to them.
  • randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    SimmoEFC wrote: »

That and 4231-2. I use TOTS Griez and TOTS Muller. Played a couple games with Griez last night and his ability to create space and basically "do it all" was fantastic. Didn't score as much as I would have liked, missed 5-6 really easy ops, but i'll give it a little time yet.

TOTS Muller is pure insanity. The price of his card is an absolute joke. 7 goals in 5 games last night, couple assists. Just one of those players that is always in the right spot and just fights his way through everything. There isn't another card in the game like him.
  • barnseyblade
    2674 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited May 2016
    I find the majority of goals in 4-2-3-1 come from the central CAM and striker. Using Ibra behind Kluivert at the moment and he's involved in every attack.
  • Andyscfc
    227 posts Sunday League Hero
    41212(2) for me.

My CAM has more goals than my strikers
  • Tekkerz
    3345 posts National Call-Up
  • CaTriEm
    1808 posts Play-Off Hero
    Definitely Central CAM in a 4231.
  • Dezakk
    340 posts Sunday League Hero
  • FredDarrell
    940 posts Professional
    I find the majority of goals in 4-2-3-1 come from the central CAM and striker. Using Ibra behind Kluivert at the moment and he's involved in every attack.

One of the reasons why I am asking is because of Ibra, wanna try him behind my strikers. Thanks mate.
  • FredDarrell
    940 posts Professional
    Andyscfc wrote: »
    41212(2) for me.

Do you play more directly or possession man?
  • Galaynn
    375 posts Sunday League Hero
    no doubt 4231 and 4231(2), where the CAM is fundamentally a second striker

CAM-converted strikers work very well in those formations (especially strikers with good long shots and dribbling stats)

4231 is my favourite formation this year, and I generally play it with a target man upfront and a CAM running the show (and scoring as many as, or more than, the striker)

A few duos I have used:

Gullit CAM - Van Basten

Stoichkov CAM - TOTS Slimani

TOTS Griezman - TOTS Aduriz (well to be honest I have not tried them yet, gonna buy today or tomorrow ...)

Bojan CAM - Lukaku

Dybala CAM - Higuain

• NittyRM3
    2083 posts Fans' Favourite
    The CAM seems to be involved a lot in both the variants of 4231 for me....and also I'm interested to know who your CAM is :)
  • SPU004
    1585 posts Play-Off Hero
  • FredDarrell
    940 posts Professional
    Galaynn wrote: »
    no doubt 4231 and 4231(2), where the CAM is fundamentally a second striker

CAM-converted strikers work very well in those formations (especially strikers with good long shots and dribbling stats)

4231 is my favourite formation this year, and I generally play it with a target man upfront and a CAM running the show (and scoring as many as, or more than, the striker)

A few duos I have used:

Gullit CAM - Van Basten

Stoichkov CAM - TOTS Slimani

TOTS Griezman - TOTS Aduriz (well to be honest I have not tried them yet, gonna buy today or tomorrow ...)

Bojan CAM - Lukaku

Dybala CAM - Higuain

Thanks a lot man, very nice post. Do you use any custom tactics and instructions on 4231. I saw the Liam guide and it seems a very solid way to start using the formation.
    Dezakk wrote: »
    Tekkerz wrote: »

Will try that and 4231, thanks a lot.
  • FredDarrell
    940 posts Professional
    NittyRM3 wrote: »
    The CAM seems to be involved a lot in both the variants of 4231 for me....and also I'm interested to know who your CAM is :)

Atm is tots Cardona (best discard I have tried this year, by far), but I will buy TOTS griezmann by the end of the week and TOTS or 96 Zlatan next week. 4231 is the first formation I will try, I hope it works.
  • Reece Tha BEAST
    17022 posts World Class
    4312 CAM is basically a CF.

Will score loads of goals here
  • Galaynn
    375 posts Sunday League Hero
    I recently started using that guide ("Liam9lfc's 4-2-3-1 Guide ft. Sokker14" in the guides section, in case anyone else is interested) and I must say the custom tactics suggested there worked really very well for me
  • Batjuice19
    132 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I like 4231 (2)

And 41212 or 4411

• Pieman25
    17086 posts World Class
    As several others have said either of the 4231 variants.
  • Andyscfc
    227 posts Sunday League Hero
    Andyscfc wrote: »
    41212(2) for me.

Do you play more directly or possession man?

Alot of one touch and possession.

NIF Eriksen and Mertens are my cams and they score a lot! Mertens usually gets in behind and Eriksen it's a case of just shooting from outside the box and it usually goes in
  • Anco1
    144 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    markfoged wrote: »
    In 433(4), my cam is usually my second highest goalscorer, and the player with most assists. Arguably the most central player.

this, 433(4)- CAM contributes to most goals in the team in some sort of way. Always my fav player in that formation as he runs the show
  • SYMMO19
    1330 posts Professional
    nanotech__ wrote: »

• barnseyblade
    2674 posts Fans' Favourite

One of the reasons why I am asking is because of Ibra, wanna try him behind my strikers. Thanks mate.

I'd always prefer him behind the strikers. Very useful too having a 6'5 guy sitting there knocking defenders about and winning headers against big midfielders.
  • Reece Tha BEAST
    17022 posts World Class

Well if it is Ibra, then the ideal position for him is CAM in 4312
  • ChrisLFC
    7326 posts League Winner
    4231(2)