Barcelona/Madrid End of Year Squad (Pulled Messi!!!)

TonyPicasso
467 posts An Exciting Prospect
edited May 2016
(Scroll down for post-Messi changes)

Howdy gents, need some opinions. Winning D1 is my priority (Currently D2 sitting at 2-0-1 but not much free time), my second goal is to add to my Barca/Madrid Gen's squad. This is my current squad:

c081267db186264b8eb2121b8b0a191a.png

I'd like some suggestions for who you guys think could strengthen this squad on a limited budget. On the block to be changed out in order of the area that I feel is weakest:

Iniesta (Have last years TOTY and I feel like midfield get's bullied easily by the Pogba's and Vidal's of the world, would love to hear which Legend's or ideas you all have)

Ramos (Also have last years TOTY, was thinking Mascherano because of price and would look greats in the Gen's)

Larsson (Would be a Gen candidate for his time at Barca but I've tried both Stoichkov and Butra but didn't get on with them, was thinking maybe Kluivert if can afford him)

Any thoughts would be appreciated, cheers!
Post edited by TonyPicasso on

Comments

• PeteyHR
    1159 posts Professional
    To be honest I'd focus on trying to win division one before gens. Unless you're going to lose a shed load of coins, you can always buy them back after they were sold and you'd won division one.

The team looks easily good enough to do it, the midfield is maybe a little weak but nothing major. What about Suarez or Messi? Assuming you've already tried them?
  • Astro_Ry
    1217 posts Professional
    Suarez. NIF is on point, anything upgraded version is a plus. If you're decent, he will either get you the win or assist in messing up the oppo. For me, he is a pain in the tracero for my oppo win or lose.
  • TonyPicasso
    I've had both Messi and Suarez in the side but wanted to try other players and sold them on. Both are in my gens squad already so unless I pull them in a pack (holding my breath) I'll focus on finding someone as close to good as them in their place. The blues I have are all second owner so those coins are long gone haha doesn't bother me though because for the amount of work I put in this year this is the team I deserve.
  • hoban95
    49089 posts FIFA Cover Star
    If you really want the complete Madrid/Barca team then Figo and M.Laudrup are musts.
  • TonyPicasso
    hoban95 wrote: »
    If you really want the complete Madrid/Barca team then Figo and M.Laudrup are musts.

Laudrup wasn't as classy as I had hoped but I haven't played with him in a while, he might just be the one to help firm up the midfield. I don't think I've ever played with Figo tbh, going to have to try him out instead of Bale
  • TonyPicasso
    Update: Won a Draft last night and opened some the league packs (Pulled Aduriz!) so I'm sitting at about 180k... Sold on Ramos to get the count up but figured I'd wait on Mascherano and see how far he drops this week. What would you guys do?
  • Astro_Ry
    1217 posts Professional
    Update: Won a Draft last night and opened some the league packs (Pulled Aduriz!) so I'm sitting at about 180k... Sold on Ramos to get the count up but figured I'd wait on Mascherano and see how far he drops this week. What would you guys do?

0h1wdRs.png

I use Masche, and can tell you he is like a little pit bull running around messing people up and taking their balls (Oh the pun). I'd wait, but know his price probably won't drop too much more (too much = more than 20k). Aduriz should go in the side instead of Larsson honestly, I have used him and he is amazing. Definitely a target man, but the TOTS has a little speed on it and his positioning is bloody fantastic. Also his shot is on point, much better than Larsson in my opinion.
  • TonyPicasso
    Astro_Ry wrote: »

0h1wdRs.png

I use Masche, and can tell you he is like a little pit bull running around messing people up and taking their balls (Oh the pun). I'd wait, but know his price probably won't drop too much more (too much = more than 20k). Aduriz should go in the side instead of Larsson honestly, I have used him and he is amazing. Definitely a target man, but the TOTS has a little speed on it and his positioning is bloody fantastic. Also his shot is on point, much better than Larsson in my opinion.

Cheers mate, I've heard good thinks about Masche so I'm looking forward to him, and I actually sold on Aduriz the moment I packed him and immediately wished I hadn't just to at least try him first.

As for Larsson I got on terribly with him for about 7-8 games but got him scoring once I changed instructions to get in behind.
  • TonyPicasso
    What a difference a few days and a 1.2 mil windfall makes eh? Absolutely buzzing right meow!

f706e959edf61a0d67687f6183f4585a.png

• LFC Simon 98
    17242 posts World Class
    Mad team. Masc at CB makes me laugh mind you
  • TonyPicasso
    Mad team. Masc at CB makes me laugh mind you

Haha he does look odd now that I think about it but as a Liverpool fan first I like the connection. Technically I could shoot for De Boer but ehh I just don't feel like it lol