First Fifa 17 Trailer?

FifaBoy2007
592 posts Sunday League Hero
edited May 2016
We may get one this week, as last year they released the first preview video on May 28th.

So far we've heard there will be a Major leap forward in Personalization, Immersion & Competition.

Going off what NHL 17 & Madden 17 have teased so far it looks like we may be able to edit generic stadiums (seat colours, goal net colours / patterns etc). I hope this continues in to Edit Player mode and that we will finally be able to edit generic player faces and licensed players' hairstyles too.
Post edited by FifaBoy2007 on

Comments

• henryclay1844
    937 posts Professional
    I'll believe it when I see it. 14 was a first effort and this was all expected in FIFA 15, but we are now wishing and hoping for FIFA 17. Last year we got 12 women's teams, moving water bottles and FUT draft, I expect more of the same this year.
  • ponnyslakteriet
    444 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited May 2016
    Who gives a sht if they give us all that, if it's the same shtty engine for another year? I'll care about all that stuff when they've given us a current gen game.

Otherwise it'll be of little importance if i can change the color of the socks on my messi, or ''make my own stadium'' when the game is still gonna have blurry shtty textures, low-res graphics and a physics engine that leaves alot to be desired.
    Post edited by ponnyslakteriet on
  • DUKESTER-x
    2839 posts National Call-Up
    Why do you care ? It'll be the same as FIFA 15 trailer.
  • SaintTodd
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hopefully by Competition, they mean a multiplayer career mode. It's about all that could make me care about another fifa.
  • RSL183
    582 posts An Exciting Prospect
    All we know is they seriously need to lift their game
  • Deni323
    373 posts Sunday League Hero
    I won't be fooled this year...I expect copy paste of fifa 16 with few cosmetic changes, new celebrations etc

online seasons, career, pro clubs will stay the same..at best...as long as they don't make it worse to force everyone to play that 'for kids only' mode called FUT.

Fut will get new design of cards, maybe one more new mode where you can spend even more coins and FP.

I HOPE they'll finally make a decent game with more focus on gameplay but I have no expectations whatsoever.

I've been fooled two years in a row, not this year.
  • fifafan84uk
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Honestly if they add more women's team and keep this terrible lottery like unbalanced game play then I give up. I'll wait til the game has had chance to settle in before buying so quickly this year as fifa 16 quickly went down the toilet soon after release! The demo was much better. Ea and their backwards thinking.
  • BLaZiNgSPEED
    404 posts Sunday League Hero
    No trailers are going to help us know whether the game has been improved or not. Trailers are one of the most deceiving aspects of video games. It tells us nothing, really. It could be a bad trailer, but a great game and vice-versa.

Only in-depth gameplay videos can give us more information about the game, such as attack, defense and team balances. Trailers will never give us that information even if they attempt to demonstrate through them. Plus gameplay developers can always lie about the improvements through trailers. It doesn't mean the game is then immediately worth pre-ordering. Don't let that emotionally make you decide whether to buy the game or not.

I'm going to wait for demos and after playing the demos if I am satisfied, I will wait for feedback from other players about the full game whether it is a reflection of the demo. That's the only way, no one can deceive me with trailers or propaganda reviews! I have not bought a FIFA since my last game FIFA 12 and I will not buy FIFA 17 if that disappoints me as well! So it's up to the developers if they want to improve this game or keep recycling it with only updated squads and minor fixes!
  • RSL183
    Wait for demos.... The demo was great and i was excited with the gameplay and draft. But then EA decides to patch a game every 2 weeks and now we get a game which was not promised with the demo. so what is the point of a demo?
  • BLaZiNgSPEED
    RSL183 wrote: »
    Wait for demos.... The demo was great and i was excited with the gameplay and draft. But then EA decides to patch a game every 2 weeks and now we get a game which was not promised with the demo. so what is the point of a demo?
    Yeah, you're right that if they do patch up the full game and mess it then there's no point.

But my point is that if the demo satisfies you and then full game is a reflection of it. At least you'll know the full game will not be a disappointment as long as they don't patch the gameplay.

But if the demo turns out to be a disappointment. Then chances are the full game will be completely hopeless and not even worth taking a look. A demo will give us a rough guideline to see how different FIFA 17 will be from FIFA 16. If it's not much different then at least we will know that way we won't buy the game blindly.
  • RSL183
    Yeah, you're right that if they do patch up the full game and mess it then there's no point.

But my point is that if the demo satisfies you and then full game is a reflection of it. At least you'll know the full game will not be a disappointment as long as they don't patch the gameplay.

But if the demo turns out to be a disappointment. Then chances are the full game will be completely hopeless and not even worth taking a look. A demo will give us a rough guideline to see how different FIFA 17 will be from FIFA 16. If it's not much different then at least we will know that way we won't buy the game blindly.

Yep. Agree. I was just trying to point out how much different the demo is compared to the product as it stands now. I know for the Fifa 17 demo i won't be as excited as i know what EA could potentially do

• BLaZiNgSPEED
    Yes I didn't forget about the difference between the demo and full game of FIFA 16. As soon as I heard that the FIFA 16 gameplay was changed in patch 1.02 while being the same for patch 1.01. I knew that was the alert and I must back away from buying the game.

I heard all sorts of things on the forums that it is a placebo effect etc. It was not, because when I went to compare gameplay videos on youtube I saw a very apparent difference in the gameplay speed between the demo and the full game when patched to 1.02. When people kept saying that they played the 1.01 game for offline play on one hard drive and 1.02 version for online play on another. I knew instantly that something is not right and it cannot be a placebo effect.

Not to mention the passing. It took more skill to pass in the game in the demo. While full game was patched so passing was more assisted than semi-assisted. I heard this from quite a few people, some saying they were very happy with the change. The same individuals who expressed disappointment in the demo loved the patched version. Assuming these are kids who want the gameplay to be more arcady. But most of us grown-ups want a more simulation type of gameplay and we were happy with the demo because it represented a more simulation type of gameplay.

As such complaints like these I have never heard in previous years on the FIFA forums.
  • OldMateCampbell
    298 posts Sunday League Hero
    I imagine that there will be a trailer released in the next week or so. As last year's first trailer was about the women national teams, I imagine the first trailer will be about the "Major leap forward in Personalization, Immersion & Competition". Won't show too much about the game, maybe just a few features that show that "leap forward". Won't expect much big news until E3
  • FifaBoy2007
    I imagine that there will be a trailer released in the next week or so. As last year's first trailer was about the women national teams, I imagine the first trailer will be about the "Major leap forward in Personalization, Immersion & Competition". Won't show too much about the game, maybe just a few features that show that "leap forward". Won't expect much big news until E3

Last year was 28th May, I think we will have a trailer on Monday.
  • BLaZiNgSPEED
    Last year was on a Thursday. So it's not necessary that there will be a trailer on Monday. You know EA are lazy so they probably won't meet a Monday deadline for a trailer submission.
    Maybe few days later.

The problem with "Personalization, Immersion & Competition" is that, that description is just so vague. EA could literally keep saying it year after year and it still wouldn't be clear enough to mean anything.
  • KaverHansen
    432 posts Sunday League Hero
    Personalization, Immersion & Competition.

Wtf is this ? The sims ?

We want a football game.

Take cutscenes for example. Ea was so big on them, "you will now see players getting mad etc..." everytime a cutscene comes everybody skips it so they can play. People watch them to annoy opponent.

F u c k immersion and personalization. Make a proper football game. Remove all the childish crap from ultimate team and make more ways to play against friends and competitions. There you have the recipe ea.

You cant try to reinvent a football game every year you dumb marketibg ****
  • KaverHansen
    Ultimate team should have more fifa manager in it and no boost and all that nonsense
  • OldMateCampbell
    Last year was on a Thursday. So it's not necessary that there will be a trailer on Monday. You know EA are lazy so they probably won't meet a Monday deadline for a trailer submission.
    Maybe few days later.

The problem with "Personalization, Immersion & Competition" is that, that description is just so vague. EA could literally keep saying it year after year and it still wouldn't be clear enough to mean anything.

Good point, it's never clear with EA, "Personalization, Immersion & Competition" could mean almost anything really. I guess we won't see what that means until the game is almost ready to come out. It COULD be something good, hoping for a couple new leagues, new stadiums, and customization of generic stadia and kits, but I don't want to get my hopes up for it
  • comet213
    2340 posts Fans' Favourite
    I know Personalization, Immersion & Competition are never related to career mode. :cry:
  • OldMateCampbell
    comet213 wrote: »
    I know Personalization, Immersion & Competition are never related to career mode. :cry:

Too true, I know UT is where all the money is at for EA, but apart from the Training and Pre-season tournaments added to FIFA 16, FIFA career mode has not advanced much at all over the past 5 years. I'd love to see a major move forward in career mode in FIFA 17.
  • ponnyslakteriet
    444 posts Sunday League Hero
    if it's not a new engine, they can do whatever the fk they want, i'm not intrested since i know whatever ''innovation'' they come up with is going to be made **** poor by the simple fact that the engine is outdated as hell.

i mean there's even animations in fifa 16 that have been in the game since fifa 09.
  • zEpick
    96 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Deni323 wrote: »
    I won't be fooled this year...I expect copy paste of fifa 16 with few cosmetic changes, new celebrations etc

online seasons, career, pro clubs will stay the same..at best...as long as they don't make it worse to force everyone to play that 'for kids only' mode called FUT.

Fut will get new design of cards, maybe one more new mode where you can spend even more coins and FP.

I HOPE they'll finally make a decent game with more focus on gameplay but I have no expectations whatsoever.

How is FUT for kids only? explain?
  • FifaBoy2007
    zEpick wrote: »
    Deni323 wrote: »

Watch the YouTubers :joy:
  • THJ71
    746 posts Semi-Pro
    zEpick wrote: »

I think it is something to do with mummy and daddy's credit card
  • KaverHansen
    I think its more about boosting of players.

I feel its completely uncalled for.

No football fan thinks about building a team and then boost their stats.

If i buy benteke i want him to be as good as benteke is. No lame boost of stats.

Fut should be more of a manager game where you play with the team
  • i hate fut
  • Supercorner24
    701 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I do to, and i love creation center When comes it back?
  • HeisenbergTFB
    62 posts Park Captain
    edited June 2016
    Most likely at E3 EA conference June 12th
  • AFCB CARL
    212 posts Sunday League Hero

If there is 1 thing this whole community can agree on is the fact that the BETA & DEMO was/is nothing like the release product!
  • OldMateCampbell
    With every passing day, it looks more and more like we won't have any FIFA 17 news until EA's E3 conference. I would've liked a trailer beforehand, but hopefully they've got something big in-store and saving it all for E3 instead