1.06 patch says it all really....

1
K.Nasa
17 posts Last Pick at the Park
Ive just seen the new patch notes on PS4.

So let me get this straight , as it stands in FIFA 16 there are huge bugs like :
  • Goalkeepers kicking the ball into their own net
  • Players suddenly stop moving
  • Incorrect offside calls
  • Incorrect advantage decisions
  • Incorrect fouls
  • Broken collision detection
  • Horrendous clipping
  • Hundreds of other glitches and bugs

and yet what do EA patch?

ULTIMATE TEAM

All those problems i have listed are in the game and EA patch in

"A fix to speed up the recovery flow of FIFA point purchase display errors"

As a huge football fan i now literally hate the EA development team that made this game with a passion.

They have spat in my face and the faces of every single true football fan that have had to put up with this poor excuse for a football video game.

If its not bad enough that the game is a broken mess , they then not only refuse to fix the issues but also have the cheek to patch in pointless fixes.

No development team that watches , likes or even cares about football would have made this game and been happy with it.

Not that it will effect EA or anybody but i for one have had enough. This was the final straw and FIFA 16 will be removed from my PS4 hard drive today.

Ive only put up with it as i needed a football game to play with friends online but id rather no game then to support a team that is making a mockery of a sport i love.

Comments

  • creative
    250 posts Sunday League Hero
    I thought you would of come to term's long ago, that this EA dev team are on par with the the team that created Alien Colonial marines.
  • SuPeRz
    885 posts Semi-Pro
    K.Nasa wrote: »
    Ive just seen the new patch notes on PS4.

    So let me get this straight , as it stands in FIFA 16 there are huge bugs like :
    • Goalkeepers kicking the ball into their own net
    • Players suddenly stop moving
    • Incorrect offside calls
    • Incorrect advantage decisions
    • Incorrect fouls
    • Broken collision detection
    • Horrendous clipping
    • Hundreds of other glitches and bugs

    and yet what do EA patch?

    ULTIMATE TEAM

    All those problems i have listed are in the game and EA patch in

    "A fix to speed up the recovery flow of FIFA point purchase display errors"

    As a huge football fan i now literally hate the EA development team that made this game with a passion.

    They have spat in my face and the faces of every single true football fan that have had to put up with this poor excuse for a football video game.

    If its not bad enough that the game is a broken mess , they then not only refuse to fix the issues but also have the cheek to patch in pointless fixes.

    No development team that watches , likes or even cares about football would have made this game and been happy with it.

    Not that it will effect EA or anybody but i for one have had enough. This was the final straw and FIFA 16 will be removed from my PS4 hard drive today.

    Ive only put up with it as i needed a football game to play with friends online but id rather no game then to support a team that is making a mockery of a sport i love.

    Sigh... Our sad reality... I didn't want to give up and am still hoping for some kind of miraculous change in their thinking and work ethic for FIFA 17.... But we all know what's gonna happen.

    I'm gonna stick to my word and stop getting FIFA if it doesn't change
  • bravia26s
    318 posts Sunday League Hero
    IF THEY DONT SEPARATE BETWEEN FUT AND ORIGINAL .. I WILL STOP BUYING FIFA
  • Deni323
    381 posts Sunday League Hero
    OMG ... this is it guys...RIP fifa

    among 100 serious problems in the gameplay they fix ''speed up the recovery flow of FIFA point purchase display errors''

    ARE YOU SERIOUS?????

    this just shows how much they care about the gameplay.

    Now I'm sure that fifa 17 will be copy paste of fifa 15/16 with few cosmetic changes and 136 glitches that they won't bother to fix...or they will but then they'll create new glitches while fixing the original ones.

    Fifa 17 15 v3.0

  • Pottertons
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Unfortunately, EA will side with the masses. (FUT revenue) before gameplay. Why bother when it's still raking in the cash?
    This 'boycott' mentality is useless if nobody actually follows through.

    You lot a are on the right path, we just need a few million more. ;)
  • FifaBoy2007
    592 posts Sunday League Hero
    The amount of bugs still unfixed in the Bugs Thread and they ignore all of them to fix UT so they can rake in more money with special Euro 2016 cards :joy:

    You're killing yourselves EA!!
  • AliasMaurice
    2399 posts Fans' Favourite
    Stopped coming on the forums. In the process of posting fifa 16 off as I've sold it online. Just popped in to see what the patch change is.

    It's a disgrace. Your message is bang on the money.

    I slated this game in here 7 months or so ago and got slated and laughed at.

    This is the last fifa / ea game I'll buy. It won't make a difference however many of us stop buying. When ea are clearing a billion dollers in microtransactions the people who want a solid football sim style game with depth off the pitch to back up the game play on it will never be heard. Always the next generation of gamer to take our place.

    If we as a community continue to buy this game we are mugs

    Might as well download classicboy app for your phone and get the roms online for free search for free roms. Iss pro 98 can be switched to a tv and controlled with ps4 controller.

    Sorted.

  • SuPeRz
    885 posts Semi-Pro
    Stopped coming on the forums. In the process of posting fifa 16 off as I've sold it online. Just popped in to see what the patch change is.

    It's a disgrace. Your message is bang on the money.

    I slated this game in here 7 months or so ago and got slated and laughed at.

    This is the last fifa / ea game I'll buy. It won't make a difference however many of us stop buying. When ea are clearing a billion dollers in microtransactions the people who want a solid football sim style game with depth off the pitch to back up the game play on it will never be heard. Always the next generation of gamer to take our place.

    If we as a community continue to buy this game we are mugs

    Might as well download classicboy app for your phone and get the roms online for free search for free roms. Iss pro 98 can be switched to a tv and controlled with ps4 controller.

    Sorted.

    Iss 98 has to go down as one of the greatest football games ever! The attention to details was unrivaled...even today you can't see players getting stretchered off! Magic spray is no longer a thing but back in the day, even that was in the game. There was a separate button for chest control and you could manually perform chest flicks anytime, not this contextual rubbish. Damn I miss those days of fine control...once mastered you truly played like a real athlete.

    Thanks for that memory!
  • Deni323
    381 posts Sunday League Hero
    If PES is at least 10% better than last year I'm switching to PES this year.

    I honestly don't expect EA to make anything better than this fifa 15 v2.0 joke of a game...this is their greatest achievement and they know they can't do better so they're raking as much money as they can.

    at this point I'm more excited for PES trailer than FIFA trailer.

    Please Konami step up because this is becoming a big big joke.

    Instead of Euro DLC we get UT 'better flow of money' DLC

    seriously now...


    once again...seriously??



  • Alex
    976 posts Moderator
    Deni323 wrote: »
    If PES is at least 10% better than last year I'm switching to PES this year.

    I honestly don't expect EA to make anything better than this fifa 15 v2.0 joke of a game...this is their greatest achievement and they know they can't do better so they're raking as much money as they can.

    at this point I'm more excited for PES trailer than FIFA trailer.

    Please Konami step up because this is becoming a big big joke.

    Instead of Euro DLC we get UT 'better flow of money' DLC

    seriously now...


    once again...seriously??



    Konami have the license for the Euros, not EA, so FIFA 16 wouldn't have been able to have it.
  • bravia26s
    318 posts Sunday League Hero
    Now i not interested in license anymore
    All bull ... license with only certain teams
    Whats the point
    I want a good gameplay now
    Just rectify all bugs i am happy already
    Always only FUT
    I dont bothers because i aint a kid
  • I SiR MartY I
    6918 posts Big Money Move
    Its May. If anyone seriously expected EA to patch or change anything gameplay related at this point, you deserve to be disappointed. There are about 4 months left until the new Fifa, most of the resources are going into that game, why would EA sit and patch an old game this far into its yearly cycle.

    Its horrible but its how things go, yearly games tend to get the bulk of patches early on, then the odd one every few months to fix minor things.

    This is what Fifa is until the next edition.
  • THJ71
    747 posts Semi-Pro
    Its May. If anyone seriously expected EA to patch or change anything gameplay related at this point, you deserve to be disappointed. There are about 4 months left until the new Fifa, most of the resources are going into that game, why would EA sit and patch an old game this far into its yearly cycle.

    Its horrible but its how things go, yearly games tend to get the bulk of patches early on, then the odd one every few months to fix minor things.

    This is what Fifa is until the next edition.

    Wow I have just noticed this new patch. Doesn't matter what month of the year it is, as Fifa 16 will still be played after the release of Fifa 17.

    The fact they have constantly avoided to fix the points the OP has mentioned plus not even acknowledging the 65 page Lag thread is down right shocking

    EA are a shocking company with a terrible and lazy development 'team' who deserve nothing but criticism towards how they don't care one bit about their customers, it's all about money. Nobody can defend them for this
  • MikeMG4
    6 posts Ball Boy
    First of all, hello people!

    I've been here in the shadows, reading comments and stuff for a long time so I decided to sign in for the very first time

    The truth is that all of us were cheated if this is the correct word by EA.

    This is not the product we have bought. When Fifa 16 was launched I was in love with this game, it was perfect (they only had to fix passes).

    But after a few months (patches) this is not the game I (we purchased).

    Am I right or wrong?

    Cheers!



  • airpreezy
    966 posts Semi-Pro
    edited May 2016
    The gameplay of this game is absolute sh*t, it´s the most annoying FIFA ever.
    I´ve been playing FIFA sind 97 and FIFA 16 is an absolute joke, the demo was so great and they patched the game only beacause of FUT.

    The game speed is way too high, if you turn the speed to low (offline) the gameplay is way better
    You can win games without any skills or tactical moves, you only have to hold r2, x, pass and hope for game mistakes.

    there are so much faces, kits, armbands etc. etc. missing

    and the only f***** thing EA is doing, is make a patch for FUT

    i used to love FIFA back in 06/07/08/11/14

    but right now i hope that EA loses the licence what they´re doing has nothing to do with
    good football its only about making a lot of FUT money ... f**** FUT!

    ALL fifa developers should really take notice about what 2K, Madden NFL (EA), or NHL (EA) are doing and learn from them how to make a game with an in depth career, good gameplay and customization options, and good online gameplay...!!!
  • Wi1son73
    3503 posts National Call-Up
    bravia26s wrote: »
    Now i not interested in license anymore
    All bull ... license with only certain teams
    Whats the point
    I want a good gameplay now
    Just rectify all bugs i am happy already
    Always only FUT
    I dont bothers because i aint a kid

    That was the difference between the two games. FIFA was always sh*t gameplay but had full license, PES had awesome gameplay but didn't have full license.
    But if anyone that played pes would remember you could edit the teams and strips which you wanted to do. Each year they would have 3 or 4 teams with full license which you got excited about lol.
  • Eazy
    50 posts Last Pick at the Park
    That's it if I don't see a change in Fifa 17 then they are not getting my money again. RIP FIFA
  • Passano
    101 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    MikeMG4 wrote: »
    First of all, hello people!

    I've been here in the shadows, reading comments and stuff for a long time so I decided to sign in for the very first time

    The truth is that all of us were cheated if this is the correct word by EA.

    This is not the product we have bought. When Fifa 16 was launched I was in love with this game, it was perfect (they only had to fix passes).

    But after a few months (patches) this is not the game I (we purchased).

    Am I right or wrong?


    You are correct! Like you, I thought the game was fine at the start. Not the best ever Fifa created but was playable with just a few issues that needed tweaking. But now it's been dumbed down so players with hardly any skill can just run through you on a counter attack ease by making 2 passes.

    I had loads of success playing the possession tactic at the start. Now, if you don't play the game at 100mph (high pressure or counter attack) you get punished by lower skilled players more often. The possession tactic has become redundant because players cannot contain opponents anymore making it impossible to defend near your own box.

    I'm not surprised this latest patch hasn't fix any of the gameplay issues.

    If i buy Fifa 17 I'm gonna wait until February 2017 when they've finished patching it! Not going to buy it on release ever again. This was the first Fifa I brought for 3 years.
  • I SiR MartY I
    6918 posts Big Money Move
    THJ71 wrote: »
    Its May. If anyone seriously expected EA to patch or change anything gameplay related at this point, you deserve to be disappointed. There are about 4 months left until the new Fifa, most of the resources are going into that game, why would EA sit and patch an old game this far into its yearly cycle.

    Its horrible but its how things go, yearly games tend to get the bulk of patches early on, then the odd one every few months to fix minor things.

    This is what Fifa is until the next edition.

    Wow I have just noticed this new patch. Doesn't matter what month of the year it is, as Fifa 16 will still be played after the release of Fifa 17.

    The fact they have constantly avoided to fix the points the OP has mentioned plus not even acknowledging the 65 page Lag thread is down right shocking

    EA are a shocking company with a terrible and lazy development 'team' who deserve nothing but criticism towards how they don't care one bit about their customers, it's all about money. Nobody can defend them for this

    I'm not defending them. Its the same story every year with EA, UT is all they care about, its all they're ever going to care about and unless something affects pack sales, or breaks the game, they won't fix it.

    My point was that, this far into the game's cycle, nothing will be changed, all those bugs and glitches we experience, we're gonna' have to put up with for another few months until the next copy and pasted edition.
  • MikeMG4
    6 posts Ball Boy
    Passano wrote: »
    MikeMG4 wrote: »
    First of all, hello people!

    I've been here in the shadows, reading comments and stuff for a long time so I decided to sign in for the very first time

    The truth is that all of us were cheated if this is the correct word by EA.

    This is not the product we have bought. When Fifa 16 was launched I was in love with this game, it was perfect (they only had to fix passes).

    But after a few months (patches) this is not the game I (we purchased).

    Am I right or wrong?



    If i buy Fifa 17 I'm gonna wait until February 2017 when they've finished patching it! Not going to buy it on release ever again. This was the first Fifa I brought for 3 years.

    This.

    When they launch the official '17 they should add some advice saying something like:

    "After 3 patches any coincidence with this video - gameplay will be a mere coincidence".
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    The amount of bugs still unfixed in the Bugs Thread and they ignore all of them to fix UT so they can rake in more money with special Euro 2016 cards :joy:

    You're killing yourselves EA!!

    the ballance sheet says they are doing really well.
    thats all they will listen to
  • Eddie
    786 posts Semi-Pro
    I'm done with £A and this game. Reality is they won't change their ways until we hit their pockets. Best thing you can do for yourself is boycott, they'll soon start paying attention to us and actual improve the game, instead of token 'improvements' and a PR onslaught from what's his face.

    I swear most of the stuff they come out with at gamescon is stuff they've told us prior to the release of previous versions. 'Your players will now do X', they don't. Fast forward to next year 'your players will now do X'. & repeat.

    They make minimal changes so they've got something to say at gamescon. They have no interest in making this a good game because they'll get their money through UT anyway.

    Worst game devs in the market. Zero pride in their work.
  • bberger
    5601 posts Big Money Move
    Can't believe they haven't shut down this thread by now like every other one criticising them oO.

    I truely have lost hope for the FIFA franchise, it's the Same bugs and bs year after year. But I think it's an EA problem, not a FIFA Studios problem as Massen NFL suffers from the Same BS every single year.. at least they will get unser attack by 2k this summer as they will release a fully licensed football game :-)

    As for FIFA: they did their homework in 08/09 and are milking the crowd from there on out..
  • THJ71
    747 posts Semi-Pro
    I'm not defending them. Its the same story every year with EA, UT is all they care about, its all they're ever going to care about and unless something affects pack sales, or breaks the game, they won't fix it.

    My point was that, this far into the game's cycle, nothing will be changed, all those bugs and glitches we experience, we're gonna' have to put up with for another few months until the next copy and pasted edition.

    No, I know your not. I reckon that at the end of the day, one would assume the devs of this game are not qualified/clever enough to fix the huge problems and that is why we have a broken game.

    I doubt they would deliberately not fix them, or even acknowledge them on these, the official Fifa forums, but hey it is EA we are on about here.
  • bberger
    5601 posts Big Money Move
    I'm a Software dev myself and I actually wouldn't directly blame the dev team as they (probably) would like to make a great game and fix the bugs but most likely get told that they should work on other stuft that makes them money instead.. I've already quit 2 companies because of such bs management and because all branches like FIFA and Madden have the same issues I'm rather confident that this mess is caused upstairs..

    Some manager/stakeholder who is worried about their fat bonuses is causing this and slowly driving EA Sports into the ground..
  • FifaBoy2007
    592 posts Sunday League Hero
    bberger wrote: »
    I'm a Software dev myself and I actually wouldn't directly blame the dev team as they (probably) would like to make a great game and fix the bugs but most likely get told that they should work on other stuft that makes them money instead.. I've already quit 2 companies because of such bs management and because all branches like FIFA and Madden have the same issues I'm rather confident that this mess is caused upstairs..

    Some manager/stakeholder who is worried about their fat bonuses is causing this and slowly driving EA Sports into the ground..

    Probably Peter Moore.
  • CocoKof
    398 posts Sunday League Hero
    David Rutter
  • ImDONE
    2 posts Ball Boy
    edited May 2016
    I’m with the OP on this one. I’m done! Patch or no patch, update or not, fifa17 or 25, I don’t care anymore. And now a patch,,,, A patch that not only added another 200 pound bag of sand to every players back, but also prevents me from making subs when I’m in control of the ball and for some reason even removes the ability for me to execute any sort of skill moves against my opponent. Seriously, whats the point! OHHHH,,, the skill moves only work on skilled players. Less skilled players need a slight,,,, pick me up to help. Ya,, thats it!

    Win 10 games in a row and then lose 20 against opponents who are either using inferior teams, lower star rating, or simply have no clue how to play the game. If the game didn’t play for them they’d never enter the box for a shot let a lone score a goal.

    Try this guys,, if you get one goal up on a sheer mistake by your opponent who is clearly on a serious drive, just dog the ball and keep position. I have done this over and over again and in every instance the game disconnects. EVERY TIME! Why?? Maybe because the engine is having a melt down? It’s not supposed to be this way so next best thing is disconnect and report a network error. Something cool like failure to syc your online profile. Try it!

    WTF is wrong with you guys?? You have ruined the game, disillusioned hundreds if not thousands of loyal players and at least with me, completely damaged your brand to the point I won’t buy another EA game. EVER! Not for me, not for family, not as a present, not even as a give away. Nope, nadda! Take your game and your so very intelligent engine and keep it. As much as I love playing the game it’s not worth the frustration.

    Of course one more or one less player won’t make a difference to you guys but I’ll feel better knowing you will never see another dime from me. Your game is absolutely garbage. Ban me, suspend my account, revoke my online access, who cares anymore. Enjoy!
    Post edited by Alex on
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    problem when a software company (or any other) becomes so big they become arrogant.
    make poor decisions and not usually based on what customers want....they are at the mercy of their balance sheet and will be till it starts to fall.

    most decisions now will be made on "what will make us money".

    lets kill one mode per release and let them play fut....because it brings in much more money.

    when you get people spending 500 quid on packs....i mean wtf.

    have never bought a pack and never will do let alone 500 quid ffs.
  • Alex
    976 posts Moderator
    edited May 2016
    I'm curious, where did you get those patch notes from K.Nasa ?
Sign In or Register to comment.