An Airtight Defense or A Free-Scoring Attack?

Xeque
594 posts An Exciting Prospect
Let's just say you had enough money for one of the two options, i.e. having a solid defense or a really strong attack, what would you pick?

Where would you focus your resources and why?

Comments

• Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    Attack.
    You can get top class defenders for cheap anyway
  • California
    3893 posts National Call-Up
    Why not one of each?

Great attacker, great midfielder, great defender.

Balance is always best.

If not attackers,midfielders, then defenders are the order where coins should be distributed.
  • The longest yard
    5729 posts Big Money Move
    Defence is key, if you can keep your opponent's out you have a good chance of winning
  • Sandell85
    7694 posts League Winner
    Defence is key, if you can keep your opponent's out you have a good chance of winning

yeah, all you need is a 45 o 90th min goal B)
  • ChrisMagicman13
    2341 posts Fans' Favourite
    Long shots are OP on this FIFA so at times there is no point having a good defence or keeper as it makes no difference. People who run in zig zags with players as well, no matter how expensive your defence is, there is only so much you can do. If i had 1m coins, i would rather spend about 700-800k on attack and 200-300k on defence.

For example, here is a team you could make with defence and attack shown... It has an expensive defence and a cheapish attack

60b41d9fb58bcb9d4c0bebe1b11f8238.png

The defense is 300k the attack is 60k... Or you could make this for the same coins...

818a227a7c32904b7cca71cb60edab69.png

In this one, defence is 53k and attack is 307k... not saying they are the EXACT teams i would make etc, but just making a point, i know which i would rather...

• Sandell85
    7694 posts League Winner
    kDjkgxe.jpg
    1Mil can get you this aswell
  • Xeque
    594 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Some really good points made here.

Guess it can be concluded that defending depends a lot on your skill as the controller compared to attacking.
    Also, good defenders do tend to be a lot cheaper than the elite attackers.

Thanks for all the comments guys!
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    Advait wrote: »
    Attack.

This.

If you're a bad defender, having TOTY Silva and Ramos won't help you too much, and if you're a good defender you can get away with using NIF Gimenez and Bartra. For the average user, you won't be able to tell the difference between NIF Godin and TIF Godin.

In attack, at least from my experience, there's a huge difference between using a world class forward/winger than an average one.
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    I would get the big money attack first and foremost. I can't defend anyway, so having expensive defenders won't help me that much. Having really good attackers will mean I can outscore my opponent though. Plus, games will be more fun. Anyone fast and strong will do for me at the back really.
  • Jason1986
    7099 posts Big Money Move
    When goalkeepers have the ability to lose you games by themselves there's no point in spending big on the defence.

You need the to be able to create as many chances possible, that's helped by having the speediest and most agile forwards with good finishing.
  • Angy
    2746 posts Fans' Favourite
    Attack.

• NindozG
    2852 posts National Call-Up
    Angy wrote: »
    Attack.

• Cahir85
    2490 posts Fans' Favourite
    Attack for me. High rated defenders are cheap, and as others have said, the defending is mostly dependant on the skill of the player.