I'm a believer now

MonKeano
248 posts Sunday League Hero
I've had my doubts about whether chemistry mattered but now I finally think it does. This guy wasn't exactly brilliant but I definitely wasn't 12 goals better than him. His team rating was 86 but his chem was 53. His players were clumsy and sloppy and gave away 3 penalties.
jr2rsx.jpg

Comments

• Fletch
    3402 posts National Call-Up
    Chemistry means nothing IMO. Some swear by it, but I've won Div 1 and Draft countless times using teams around 80 chem
  • hayhor1
    14219 posts Has That Special Something
    Fletch wrote: »
    Chemistry means nothing IMO. Some swear by it, but I've won Div 1 and Draft countless times using teams around 80 chem

exactly.
  • Rozz
    6721 posts Big Money Move
    I'm going to sue you for damages done to my neck
  • Orison
    47696 posts FIFA Cover Star

@Fletch only problem is that one thing has abolutely nothing to do with the other

If a player is worse than you, you win no matter what (unless you have the ocasional game where you have 20:1 shots and lose 1:0), you won div 1, because you were better than your opponents. Chem is like the extra 5% when you play someone who is on your skill level, if your opponent has a 50 chem team and you a 100 chem team and you are exactly the same, chem might let you finish 1 out of 10 chances better and might give you a slight overall advantage so that you win 60 out if your 100 games and he wins the other 40. Chem clearly doesn´t mean "nothing", it just doesn´t mean "anything" either, but people can´t seem to see anything between those 2 extremes :)
  • Dunk
    2012 posts Fans' Favourite

Doesn't mean "Nothing" but I think people expect it to cause a dramatic effect when it really doesn't.
  • Brazil4fun
    2605 posts Fans' Favourite
    Chem is overrated, most of drafts teams are around 80 chemistry, and the play the same as 100
  • BCBeneli
    1375 posts Play-Off Hero
    Brazil4fun wrote: »
    Chem is overrated, most of drafts teams are around 80 chemistry, and the play the same as 100

Filled with a bunch of high rated and toty players...
  • JJJ7
    471 posts Sunday League Hero
    Chem doesn't mean nothing but don't sacrifice a very good player in your team because of poor links
  • Kove
    4013 posts National Call-Up
    Chem matters somewhat, try and get your player with 5 or more chem so they get the standard stats any more than that and they just miss on the bonuses afaik
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    I've lost to 50 chem teams, and I also beat some of them by 7+ goals. It matters, sometimes, but eventually the guy behind the controller means more. I guess that guy was worse than you think.
  • ROYTASTICx
    761 posts Semi-Pro