Custom tactics and player instructions

MonKeano
248 posts Sunday League Hero
I have never used custom tactics or players instructions before, do they help you and should I try them?

Comments

• Cheetah Thumbs
    4187 posts National Call-Up
    I switch them throughout the game. I always start off with possession and attacking. Then adjust from there.
  • MiIan
    12389 posts Has That Special Something
    You should use them. They really make your team play better, even if you only change the defending section to 'cover' instead of 'offside trap' (Every default EA tactic has offside trap which is terrible.)

Custom tactics gives you the chance to adjust the way your team plays. Do you want your team to give a lot of long balls, or just quick and short passes? Do you want your defence to be high up the field, or more down the field? You can all adjust that the way you like it.
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    4187 posts National Call-Up
    MonKeano wrote: »
    I have never used custom tactics or players instructions before, do they help you and should I try them?

Play an offline game on amateur and mess around with all of the different tactics.
  • raz5229
    1092 posts Professional
    Sometimes they don't work though, let's be honest. Ai does what it wants.
  • MiIan
    12389 posts Has That Special Something
    raz5229 wrote: »
    Sometimes they don't work though, let's be honest. Ai does what it wants.

But it's way better than default tactics.
  • MonKeano
    KingDutch wrote: »
    You should use them. They really make your team play better, even if you only change the defending section to 'cover' instead of 'offside trap' (Every default EA tactic has offside trap which is terrible.)

Custom tactics gives you the chance to adjust the way your team plays. Do you want your team to give a lot of long balls, or just quick and short passes? Do you want your defence to be high up the field, or more down the field? You can all adjust that the way you like it.

This is a stupid question but where do I even make a custom tactic? Before you go into a game is it?
  • Whitebeard
    3371 posts National Call-Up

This is a stupid question but where do I even make a custom tactic? Before you go into a game is it?

Best is to challenge TOTW and right before the kick off change CT there. That way your CT will be set until you quit UT. After you quit UT you have to set them again & there is no way to permanently save them.
  • MonKeano
    Whitebeard wrote: »

Best is to challenge TOTW and right before the kick off change CT there. That way your CT will be set until you quit UT. After you quit UT you have to set them again & there is no way to permanently save them.

That's a bit ****
  • Whitebeard
    3371 posts National Call-Up
    Whitebeard wrote: »

That's a bit ****

It's EA.