Premier League Lounge 2016/17

Comments

• dannyboy
    13021 posts Has That Special Something
    LFCKhalifa wrote: »
    The cavs set a new finals record with 86 first half points, previously held by boston (79)... unreal, i hope they keep this pace up so the Warriors will question themselves a little bit for game 5

inb4 cavs lose this game
  • finsfan85
    14167 posts Has That Special Something
    League helping the Cavs out again
  • Robert
    21723 posts Club Captain
    Zaza once again being Zaza
  • LFCKhalifa
    441 posts Sunday League Hero
    finsfan85 wrote: »

Haven't seen the first quarter but since i've been watching the warriors get a lot of calls for them + green not being ejected
  • finsfan85
    LFCKhalifa wrote: »
    finsfan85 wrote: »

Haven't seen the first quarter but since i've been watching the warriors get a lot of calls for them + green not being ejected

Posted that when it looked like Green was getting ejected at first. Seems the officials realized what they were about to do since they changed the first technical foul to Kerr.
  • Robert
    21723 posts Club Captain
    Kyrie is unreal
  • finsfan85
    The Cavs' fans actually chanted "Cavs in 7" :joy::joy::joy:
  • Pughy30
    30694 posts National Team Captain
    Can't go wrong with Andy Serkis and Michael B Jordan as the villains
  • edwinstree
    8387 posts League Winner
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    Can't go wrong with Andy Serkis and Michael B Jordan as the villains

This looks so good, Marvel are on one right now
  • Bluemoon
    15710 posts World Class
    Lebron last night..
  • Pughy30
    Some Chinese clubs names have showed up in the game files, wouldn't mind getting a chance to use players like Hulk, Lavezzi or Teixera
  • lucas
    5087 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 2017
    Some Chinese clubs names have showed up in the game files, wouldn't mind getting a chance to use players like Hulk, Lavezzi or Teixera

Not really interested they will probably be 81> And will only be usefull with nation teams
  • Pughy30
    I'd take any new content at this point with how stale the game is
  • On3PoundFish
    7892 posts League Winner
    lucas wrote: »

Not really interested they will probably be 81> And will only be usefull with nation teams

dont worry, they will get random 90+ rated tots
  • Max_Mania
    5131 posts Big Money Move
    Probs to the Cavs, that first half was unreal
  • xHades
    15212 posts World Class
    edited June 2017
    I'm reading an article about the new Mass Effect and how EA basically rammed the Frostbite engine down Bioware's throats. A few of the problems they're talking about sound a lot like FIFA stupidity.
    Over the past few years, one of BioWare's biggest obstacles has also become one of EA's favourite buzzwords: Frostbite, a video game engine. An engine is a collection of software that can be reused and recycled to make games, often consisting of common features: a physics system, a graphics renderer, a save system, and so on. In the video game industry, Frostbite is known as one of the most powerful engines out there — and one of the hardest to use.

Developed by the EA-owned studio DICE, Frostbite is capable of rendering gorgeous graphics and visual effects, but when BioWare first started using it, in 2011, it had never been used to make role-playing games. DICE made first-person shooters like Battlefield, and the Frostbite engine was designed solely to develop those games. When BioWare first got its hands on Frostbite, the engine wasn't capable of performing the basic functions you'd expect from a role-playing game, like managing party members or keeping track of a player's inventory. BioWare's coders had to build almost everything from scratch.

(Over the past few months I've heard a great deal about Frostbite's challenges. In August of last year, I went to BioWare Edmonton's studio and interviewed many of the leads on Dragon Age: Inquisition for my book, which tells the full story of that game. In short, they had a very, very hard time.)

By the time BioWare entered pre-production on Mass Effect: Andromeda, the Dragon Age: Inquisition team had built some of the tools that they'd need to make an RPG, but not all of them. Engineers on Andromeda had to design many of their own features from scratch, including their animation rig. "Frostbite is wonderful for rendering and lots of things," said a person who worked on the game. "But one of the key things that makes it really difficult to use is anything related to animation. Because out of the box, it doesn't have an animation system." (Frostbite was later attached to an animation system called ANT, that source said, but it was full of "duct-taped issues.")

While describing Frostbite, one top developer on Mass Effect: Andromeda used the analogy of an automobile. Epic's Unreal Engine, that developer said, is like an SUV, capable of doing lots of things but unable to go at crazy high speeds. The Unity Engine would be a compact car: small, weak, and easy to fit anyplace you'd like. "Frostbite," the developer said, "is a sports car. Not even a sports car, a Formula 1. When it does something well, it does it extremely well. When it doesn't do something, it really doesn't do something."

"Whenever you're trying to do something that fits the engine — vehicles, for example — Frostbite handles that extremely well," the developer said. "But when you're building something that the engine is not made for, this is where it becomes difficult." Designing the large maps of Andromeda's planets became a struggle on Frostbite, where the maximum size of a map was initially 100 by 100 kilometers. The Andromeda team needed their maps to be way bigger than that. Other struggles included the streaming system, the save system, and various action-RPG mechanics that Andromeda needed in order to work.

"It's been painful," said a developer. "The pain started with Dragon Age: Inquisition and continued on with Andromeda as well."

This line in particular defines FIFA to a tee though and wouldn't surprise me if this is the FIFA studios as we speak...and they're also in Montreal along with Bioware Montreal, right?
    For the last few months of the game, we spent most of our effort just trying to keep it together rather than polishing,” said an Andromeda developer. “Just trying to stay ahead of how quickly it was falling apart.”
  • PizziPizza
    14040 posts Has That Special Something

Ramires!
  • Pughy30
    Can't wait to see Kante and Ramires in every team next year
  • Alemas_2012
    26180 posts Player of the Year
    So basically FIFA's running on an engine designed for FPS's...
    ...at least the old Ignite engine was actually designed for sports games.
    No wonder the game's so messed up these days...
  • Pughy30
    Bakayoko to Chelsea for 40mil and Morata to United for 70mil both look like their almost finalised
  • Amargaladaster26
    11499 posts Has That Special Something
    Bluemoon wrote: »
    Lebron last night..

Referees last night..
  • Flapjack
    7061 posts Big Money Move
    FIFA has had a lot of the same issues for a while now though. The defenders tripping each other or the bs pens etc have been in the game since FIFA 12 so I don't think the issues in 17 are particularly down to the Frostbite Engine.

In fact, the game has much less bugs than it used to. I just think the mechanics have become a bit too complex to keep track of all the weird ❤️❤️❤️❤️ that happens.
  • Pughy30
    We should learn more about fifa 18 tonight EA's E3 press conference is at 8
  • jmcqos
    11038 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 2017
    Flapjack wrote: »
    FIFA has had a lot of the same issues for a while now though. The defenders tripping each other or the bs pens etc have been in the game since FIFA 12 so I don't think the issues in 17 are particularly down to the Frostbite Engine.

In fact, the game has much less bugs than it used to. I just think the mechanics have become a bit too complex to keep track of all the weird **** that happens.

At this point I'm pretty sure EA hires the worst animators on purpose , some of the animations in this game are comically bad
  • Alemas_2012
    26180 posts Player of the Year
    We should learn more about fifa 18 tonight EA's E3 press conference is at 8

With the FIFA reveal at 9 or 10. :D
    It's not even E3, it's their own event called "EA PLAY"...
    BTW, there's going to be FIFA 18 stations there. We might get some leaked gameplay footage.
  • Flapjack
    7061 posts Big Money Move
    jmcqos wrote: »

In fact, the game has much less bugs than it used to. I just think the mechanics have become a bit too complex to keep track of all the weird **** that happens.

At this point I'm pretty sure EA hires the worst animators on purpose , some of the animations in this game are comically bad

loool.

Tbf, we give this game a lot of crap but I recently watched a youtube compilation on the evolution of FIFA and it really has come a long way.
  • PizziPizza
    EA Play will be a blast. Can't wait for Battlefront 2 gameplay and some FIFA aswell
  • PizziPizza
  • Max_Mania
    5131 posts Big Money Move
    jmcqos wrote: »

loool.

Tbf, we give this game a lot of crap but I recently watched a youtube compilation on the evolution of FIFA and it really has come a long way.

That's true, playing older fifas nowadays is the worst, the game was so static up until fifa 13 or something
This discussion has been closed.