Huge Bug!!

FifaBoy2007
592 posts Sunday League Hero
I am manager of Hull and Norwich accepted my offer for Nathan Redmond, i had £13,949,999 in the bank but when it came to offering him a contract it said i was £15,000 short of the £25,000 he wanted as wages, so it gave me the option of automatically adjusting my budget to make the deal go through, but now i only have £12,909,999 left!!??

Comments

• Alex
    976 posts Moderator
    Wait, so what's the problem ? It automatically adjusted your budget which means your transfer limit would decrease so your wage would increase, right ?
  • FifaBoy2007
    edited May 2016
    Alex wrote: »
    Wait, so what's the problem ? It automatically adjusted your budget which means your transfer limit would decrease so your wage would increase, right ?

Huh? If its adjusting my wage budget to add an extra £15,000 it should only be taking £15,000 from my transfer budget not over £1million!?
  • Alex
    976 posts Moderator
    Pretty sure that's not how it works, it's to do with ratios, if you put 100% of your budget into wages, it wouldn't allow you to have £13 mil in wages, instead it would be probably something like...I dunno, 70k ? maybe 100k overall.
  • FifaBoy2007
    Pretty sure that's not how it works, it's to do with ratios, if you put 100% of your budget into wages, it wouldn't allow you to have £13 mil in wages, instead it would be probably something like...I dunno, 70k ? maybe 100k overall.

It says adjust, if it gives me an extra £15k for wages it should deduct £15k from the transfer budget! Not over £1million!! This makes this feature completely useless..

You cant even manually do it..
  • Alex
    976 posts Moderator
    edited May 2016
    You can manually adjust the budget, but again it's in a ratio, not like for like, it's been like this in at least the last 4 FIFA's, probably more.
  • FifaBoy2007
    edited May 2016
    You can manually adjust the budget, but again it's in a ratio, not like for like, it's been like this in at least the last 4 FIFA's, probably more.

That's the problem, this needs fixing urgently, taking £1million off Hull is 1/8th of their budget :joy: to offer a player £15k a week more!? I see absolutely no sense in this at all.
  • Futbol22
    834 posts Semi-Pro
    edited May 2016
    I am manager of Hull and Norwich accepted my offer for Nathan Redmond, i had £13,949,999 in the bank but when it came to offering him a contract it said i was £15,000 short of the £25,000 he wanted as wages, so it gave me the option of automatically adjusting my budget to make the deal go through, but now i only have £12,909,999 left!!??

ARE YOU SERIOUS? This is laughable. Not a bug at all... The player gets paid per week, correct? It's not just a one time £15,000 fee. It's an extra £15,000 per week (every week for 52 weeks of the year) or £780,000 per year which is pretty close to a million. The adjustment makes absolute sense! You have to take a million out of your transfer budget to sign a player that wants approximately a million more in wages a year. Where else is that million going to come from? The club operates on existing revenues not future earnings.
    Post edited by Futbol22 on
  • Futbol22
    834 posts Semi-Pro
    edited May 2016

That's the problem, this needs fixing urgently, taking £1million off Hull is 1/8th of their budget :joy: to offer a player £15k a week more!? I see absolutely no sense in this at all.

Uh it makes complete & utter sense!
  • FifaBoy2007
    Futbol22 wrote: »

ARE YOU SERIOUS? This is laughable. Not a bug at all... The player gets paid per week, correct? It's not just a one time £15,000 fee. It's an extra £15,000 per week (every week for 52 weeks of the year) or £780,000 per year which is pretty close to a million. The adjustment makes absolute sense! You have to take a million out of your transfer budget to sign a player that wants approximately a million more in wages a year. Where else is that million going to come from? The club operates on existing revenues not future earnings.

Yes it is! If what you said was the case I should of lost £780,000 off my transfer budget! So why is it taking £1,049,000 off me!? That issue is a bug itself :joy:

So you're saying a club has a transfer budget at the beginning of a season only and they don't make income any other way throughout the year? Like ticket sales, shirt sales, etc?? :joy: face it, the game is completely vague and as basic as it comes, try playing Football Manager and see if you get the same issue!!
  • Futbol22
    834 posts Semi-Pro
    edited May 2016
    Futbol22 wrote: »

Yes it is! If what you said was the case I should of lost £780,000 off my transfer budget! So why is it taking £1,049,000 off me!? That issue is a bug itself :joy:

So you're saying a club has a transfer budget at the beginning of a season only and they don't make income any other way throughout the year? Like ticket sales, shirt sales, etc?? :joy: face it, the game is completely vague and as basic as it comes, try playing Football Manager and see if you get the same issue!!

It should only be £780,000 that is taken off of your transfer budget, however the statement you made about only taking off £15,000 off of your transfer budget is absurd. Too be honest it amazes me that you don't understand that......

For the record I never said:

".... a club has a transfer budget at the beginning of a season only and they don't make income any other way throughout the year?"

I said:

"The club operates on existing revenues not future earnings".

What my statement means is that a club can only use what money it has available at any given time (i.e. A club can't sign a player that costs £50mil when they only have £15mil of a transfer budget and they certainly can't sign a player based on what they may make in the future - that would be disastrous if clubs operated like that).

If anything EA has completely oversimplified CM & what you can do.

Post edited by Futbol22 on