Messi worth his price tag?

SaifR
12842 posts Has That Special Something
Looking to try him out now I can afford him, how is he this year? Would look to use him at RW in 4-3-3 (2).

The M/L puts me off, usually don't enjoy wingers who don't have a high attacking workrate.

Feel free to add thoughts on Suarez and Neymar too, not tried those this year in FUT and I'll be partnering them up with Messi.

e16ad6f0f8f44bd0c83e0a30e23e5679.png

Comments

• mjustic
    1310 posts Professional
    IMO he's not exactly worth 500k if you play him at RW but RF or CF is on the other hand something else. I have played about 700 matches with him so I think I'm not talking nonsense here.
  • ha032742
    35048 posts Moderator
    Yes IMO. I'm sure @holdenwait will have his say too :#
  • holdenwait
    55368 posts National Treasure
    mjustic wrote: »
    IMO he's not exactly worth 500k if you play him at RW but RF or CF is on the other hand something else. I have played about 700 matches with him so I think I'm not talking nonsense here.

and I played him hundreds of games on the wing and he is easily worth his current price.. mind u he was worth the 1.2 million when I had first bought him months ago.. so current price is a steal.
  • holdenwait
    ha032742 wrote: »
    Yes IMO. I'm sure @holdenwait will have his say too :#

<3 yea already did haha
  • mjustic
    1310 posts Professional
    Just to be understood, I didn't say was bulls*it on the wing :) I'm quite certain if you played him at RF or False 9 where he was more efficient!
  • Ace_Calhoune
    960 posts Professional
    RF all the way, shooting, dribbling, finishing, free kicks. He can win matches on his own and is a lot of fun to use
  • FredDarrell
    940 posts Professional
    TOTS lukaku ftw
  • SaifR
    Cheers guys, the formation will definitely be 4-3-3 (2) so RF isn't an option :)
  • Jfo88
    22598 posts Club Captain
    Yes
  • omarnyc
    3544 posts National Call-Up
    @holdenwait all i ve is 500k, would you go for it? :joy:
  • holdenwait
    @omarnyc I would bud, and would surround him with some awesome cheap players like vietto/bakambu, arda on 7 chem cm, banega and halilovic ups etc
  • omarnyc
    holdenwait wrote: »
    @omarnyc I would bud, and would surround him with some awesome cheap players like vietto/bakambu, arda on 7 chem cm, banega and halilovic ups etc

I just wanna save like 100k or more than do smth decent hybrid but dont know man game became so boringg
  • fauxylar
    1983 posts Fans' Favourite
    Playing 433-5 and put him at CF, yyou wont regret bruh
  • holdenwait
    edited May 2016
    omarnyc wrote: »

I just wanna save like 100k or more than do smth decent hybrid but dont know man game became so boringg

Dybala striker with Pereyra RCM and Messi RW is a great way to get whatever going for the rest of it for cheap. in 433 2 that is
  • TheTormentor07
    1113 posts Professional
    TOTS lukaku ftw

He was god awful for me, the epitome of disappointing.
  • omarnyc
    omarnyc wrote: »

Dybala striker with Pereyra RCM and Messi RW is a great way to get whatever going for the rest of it for cheap. in 433 2 that is

Thanks !
  • Dutchcaliber
    2788 posts Fans' Favourite
    fauxylar wrote: »
    Playing 433-5 and put him at CF, yyou wont regret bruh

This. He is an absolute god at cf.
  • JB
    1247 posts Professional
    I'm 6 games in with him. 5 goals 4 assists from RW in 4-3-3. I'm really enjoying him, his passing is noticeably a cut above other wingers which is really handy for bypassing OP interceptions this year. Shooting is great and dribbling top notch. Not really got any moans yet apart from a slight one about his stamina.
  • KCMB862
    308 posts Sunday League Hero
    Played 14 games, scored 17 and assisted 6. RW in the false nine formation. Shooting is fantastic, especially FK's (they are just guided in). Dribbling is also very good, but imo hazard dribbles better.

Sold him due to his strength mainly, any, and I mean any defender can nudge him off despite his balance. But he is very clinical, can win you games by scoring multiple goals
  • FredDarrell
    940 posts Professional
    TOTS lukaku ftw

TOTS lukaku ftw

Crazy good for me :l
  • SaifR
    JB wrote: »
    I'm 6 games in with him. 5 goals 4 assists from RW in 4-3-3. I'm really enjoying him, his passing is noticeably a cut above other wingers which is really handy for bypassing OP interceptions this year. Shooting is great and dribbling top notch. Not really got any moans yet apart from a slight one about his stamina.

Cheers for the update man, I'm looking forward to trying him now.
  • bear
    6030 posts Big Money Move
    Not for me, no. I used him in the 4321 and just never got much use out of him. I loved using Ronaldo because he just seemed to always be in a position to receive the ball. Messi just wasn't a factor unless I forced him the ball, which I hate doing.
  • Runefang
    6045 posts Big Money Move
    Messi as a player is fantastic, I play the TOTY @ ST. On the other hand I find wingers nearly useless in any 433 formation so I wouldn't bother putting cash into those positions.
  • Tekkerz
    3345 posts National Call-Up
    I use him in a 4312 left striker I start 4321 he good but the star player is Suarez at cam longshots for days.