FIFA 17 will take a 'major leap forward in personalization, immersion & competition'

Bram
9390 posts League Winner
edited May 2016
http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/fifa_16/news/fifa_17_will_take_a_major_leap_forward_in_personalization_immersion_and_competition.html
EA may not have officially revealed it yet, but FIFA 17 will take a "major leap forward in personalization, immersion and competition", CEO Andrew Wilson has said.

Wilson teased this year's game during EA's Q4 earnings call last night, explaining that FIFA 17, Madden NFL 17 and NHL 17, will each take steps forward in the three areas, and confirming that they're all due to arrive during the firm's second quarter, which runs between July-September.

As with earlier games in the series, you should probably expect FIFA 17 to release somewhere in September.

A reveal date for FIFA 17 is still somewhat of a mystery, though. The first details on last year's game were revealed on May 28, 2015, meaning you should probably expect something fairly soon.

The game will likely be shown at EA's E3 event EA Play next month, too.

Make of this what you want. Hope we can finally get a Fifa which the game makes you feel like you're playing a football game rather than you're playing a 30 degree friendly against a 4th tier team on the 12th of July

Comments

• DUKESTER-x
    2839 posts National Call-Up
    Bram wrote: »
    http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/fifa_16/news/fifa_17_will_take_a_major_leap_forward_in_personalization_immersion_and_competition.html
    EA may not have officially revealed it yet, but FIFA 17 will take a "major leap forward in personalization, immersion and competition", CEO Andrew Wilson has said.

Wilson teased this year's game during EA's Q4 earnings call last night, explaining that FIFA 17, Madden NFL 17 and NHL 17, will each take steps forward in the three areas, and confirming that they're all due to arrive during the firm's second quarter, which runs between July-September.

As with earlier games in the series, you should probably expect FIFA 17 to release somewhere in September.

A reveal date for FIFA 17 is still somewhat of a mystery, though. The first details on last year's game were revealed on May 28, 2015, meaning you should probably expect something fairly soon.

The game will likely be shown at EA's E3 event EA Play next month, too.

Make of this what you want. Hope we can finally get a Fifa which the game makes you feel like you're playing a football game rather than you're playing a 30 degree friendly against a 4th tier team on the 12th of July

Hopefully immersion = more licenses and REAL SCANNED FACES. Perhaps the BPL treatment for Bundesliga and La Liga?

Also, maybe personalization = stadium creator?
  • SimmoEFC
    11613 posts Has That Special Something
    Custom badges and kits hopefully and bronze and silver divisions.
  • pls let me change the shoes of my players in FUT!!!!

• DUKESTER-x
    2839 posts National Call-Up
    holdenwait wrote: »
    pls let me change the boots of my players in FUT!!!!

Man I've been wanting this since FIFA 11! Would be sweet to also edit players shirt type, sweat bands, sock length, ankle tape.. Hoping one day we'll see this happen >:)
  • rapleton
    1385 posts Play-Off Hero
    These don't seem like solutions . I sincerely hope EA doesn't class these as the major problems with the game
  • Remzy69
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    I hope they get the Champions League.
  • bberger
    6682 posts Big Money Move
    LOL. It will be the same ❤️❤️❤️❤️ like every year with some GUI polishment.. I gave up on FIFA evoluting...
  • Kakarot1996
    1435 posts Play-Off Hero
    Meh
  • rapleton
    1385 posts Play-Off Hero
    bberger wrote: »
    LOL. It will be the same ❤️❤️❤️❤️ like every year with some GUI polishment.. I gave up on FIFA evoluting...

Wow. Do you just make up your own words?
  • Dodds
    9921 posts League Winner
    Remzy69 wrote: »
    I hope they get the Champions League.

PES have it for another year don't they?
  • DUKESTER-x wrote: »
    pls let me change the boots of my players in FUT!!!!

Man I've been wanting this since FIFA 11! Would be sweet to also edit players shirt type, sweat bands, sock length, ankle tape.. Hoping one day we'll see this happen >:)

EXACTLY!

funny thing is the career mode edit thing is there, it should be very easy to implement.. this would go a long way , being able to personalize your own players..

also NBA 2k series has a load of great ideas in this direction. badges would be beyond amazing.

imagine traits and abilities being added, silvers can have 3 slots for example, golds 5, super high rated cards can have 10 etc..

also they have the customized badge/shirt/stadium game down very nicely too.

• raz5229
    1098 posts Professional
    edited May 2016
    Let's get the gameplay consistent first before other money grabbing bs is introduced. Ffs they can't even get a good career mode so what chance have we got, ea sports, it's in the cash.
  • raz5229 wrote: »
    Let's get the gameplay consistent first before other money grabbing bs is introduced. Ffs they can't even get a good career mode so what chance have we got, ea sports, it's in the cash.

it has become FUT above all a long time ago tbh, state of career mode is pathetic at this stage
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    raz5229 wrote: »

it has become FUT above all a long time ago tbh, state of career mode is pathetic at this stage

• Qon
    1266 posts Play-Off Hero
    It's funny how EA always tells bs before a release. Everyone, including me, falls for it and buys the game. A few months later everyone realizes it has the same flaws as the year before.

I don't want personalization in this game until there are decent dedicated servers and the gameplay in general is fixed. I want a playable game, not a fancy badge.
  • BingoBangoBongo
    206 posts Sunday League Hero
    Wish they'd fix the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ goalkeepers first.
  • StrutterGear
    1578 posts Play-Off Hero

• raz5229
    1098 posts Professional
    [/quote]

Agreed. I never played fut until this year, and what a fookin mistake that was, just cm so mundane. Offline generally is fookin waste and the online is a bs lag fest( offline also bs fest). So what we meant to do, ea obvs trying to attract kids with graphics and gimmicks, fooks me off.
  • LawrieC
    272 posts Sunday League Hero
    Will it ❤️❤️❤️❤️.
  • Dunniecfc
    27 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I think they need to take a year out for FIFA and work on making it good again for the past few years it seems like it has just gone downhill even you tubers who make money of playing fifa have got sick of how bad it is getting and i think it is because they rush to get a new game out each year and can't fix the easy problems which won't happen if they have time to perfect it
  • raz5229
    1098 posts Professional
    Dunniecfc wrote: »
    I think they need to take a year out for FIFA and work on making it good again for the past few years it seems like it has just gone downhill even you tubers who make money of playing fifa have got sick of how bad it is getting and i think it is because they rush to get a new game out each year and can't fix the easy problems which won't happen if they have time to perfect it

Fair enough, but they don't focus on important things like gameplay, it's all about the graphics and the fancy ❤️❤️❤️❤️ that nobody ( except kids) are bothered about. We want realistic, not plastic.
  • Pughy30
    29069 posts Player of the Year
    Silver and bronze divisions is all I want.
  • raz5229
    1098 posts Professional
    I want west brom to win the bpl
  • bberger
    6682 posts Big Money Move
    Dunniecfc wrote: »

Fair enough, but they don't focus on important things like gameplay, it's all about the graphics and the fancy ❤️❤️❤️❤️ that nobody ( except kids) are bothered about. We want realistic, not plastic.
    You should take a look into the general forums.. Its got hubdreds of pages across several threads where Kids complain about the goal nets no beeing realistic enough, hair styles Not changing mid season, players not making High Fives when celebrating etc.. it's pathetic and the reason EA Doesn't feel compelled about improving gameplay or fixing any issues that relate to game mechanics as in comparison our complaints Don't feel relevant to the masses....

I started a thread there begging to fix the lag and gameplay issues (not the rant style and keeping it Professional) - it got shut down by a mod within 10 minutes or so before anybody could reply... Speaks volume imho..