Cup final weekend thread

jenksiee123
21173 posts Club Captain
edited May 2016
FA Cup, Copa del Rey, DFB Pokal, French cup finals and more all this weekend.
Post edited by jenksiee123 on

Comments

• WFCBagnall
    69456 posts Moderator
    I'm really excited for tomorrow :)

As long as we don't lose, I'll be very happy :)
  • LFC Simon 98
    16504 posts World Class
    Let's go Liverpool
  • jenksiee123
    21173 posts Club Captain
    Ross Wallace with a peach for Wednesday. Was class for us when we came back up in 07.
  • Dan is Clutch
    24540 posts Club Captain
    Let's go Liverpool
    @LFC Simon 98

Have you seen that we could end up having to play in a play off against eachother? It's very unlikely but if results go right on Sunday and we end up on the same points and same goal difference and goals scored and the position is a European place at stake, we have to play a game at a neutral stadium to decide who gets it. :joy:

It's not something completely crazy, i think we have to lose 1-0, you win 2-1 and i'm not completely sure about other results but i think Saints would also have to lose.
  • KingLionel10
    14997 posts World Class
    Is it weird that I'm looking forward to next season? Hopefully we can win a few games :D
  • LFC Simon 98
    16504 posts World Class
    Let's go Liverpool
    @LFC Simon 98

Have you seen that we could end up having to play in a play off against eachother? It's very unlikely but if results go right on Sunday and we end up on the same points and same goal difference and goals scored and the position is a European place at stake, we have to play a game at a neutral stadium to decide who gets it. :joy:

It's not something completely crazy, i think we have to lose 1-0, you win 2-1 and i'm not completely sure about other results but i think Saints would also have to lose.

That'd be insane haha. Never heard of that being a potential before
  • Dan is Clutch
    24540 posts Club Captain
    Let's go Liverpool
    @LFC Simon 98

It should be based on games played against each other in the season but clearly that makes too much sense. :joy: Wouldn't mind beating you for a 4th time this season though. ;)
  • LFC Simon 98
    16504 posts World Class
    Let's go Liverpool
    @LFC Simon 98

It should be based on games played against each other in the season but clearly that makes too much sense. :joy: Wouldn't mind beating you for a 4th time this season though. ;)

Don't forget we drew 0-0 once ;)
  • Dan is Clutch
    24540 posts Club Captain
    Let's go Liverpool
    @LFC Simon 98

Don't forget we drew 0-0 once ;)

Yes that's true. :joy:
  • WFCBagnall
    69456 posts Moderator
    Is it weird that I'm looking forward to next season? Hopefully we can win a few games :D

Only if we're there with you :*
  • jenksiee123
    21173 posts Club Captain

Aye, yous might have a chance against Burton or Wigan... ;)
  • Pugzilla
    15802 posts World Class
    Really curious to see what team Klopp puts out with the final on the Horizon but with league position still up for grabs. Pulis will probably play like a cnut and it will be a boring draw or 1-0 West Brom win.
  • jenksiee123
    21173 posts Club Captain
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    Really curious to see what team Klopp puts out with the final on the Horizon but with league position still up for grabs. Pulis will probably play like a cnut and it will be a boring draw or 1-0 West Brom win.

Aye he will. They've had nowt to play all year pretty much yet they still play for a draw. Proper embarrassing.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31653 posts National Team Captain
    Can't wait to draw/lose to Bournemouth and hear LVG call Bournemouth lucky.
  • DoD_Jester
    26214 posts Player of the Year

With you on that mate, maybe Grealish can find his level :joy:
  • KingLionel10
    14997 posts World Class

We might get a few decent silver IF's next year haha
  • maymanpele
    14389 posts Has That Special Something
    Should definitely have La Liga added to the games since it's the only (meaningful) league that will decide the champion on the final match day and 3 teams are fighting to stay out of 2 relegation spots.

Hands down the best league this year.
  • Dan is Clutch
    24540 posts Club Captain
    Payet injured and not playing tomorrow. :(
  • hoban95
    48504 posts FIFA Cover Star
    When you see Chelsea have offered Terry a 1 year contract extension and he comes out saying it's a different role and may have to take time to consider it.

Martin-freeman-WTF1.gif
  • DoD_Jester

We might get a few decent silver IF's next year haha

Mate, id be happy to go down to villa parka dn just not be rank outsiders for a game, depressing af when everyone on the train to the stadium knows there just gonna be turning around in 2 hours with fk all to show for it
  • LFC Simon 98
    16504 posts World Class
    maymanpele wrote: »
    Should definitely have La Liga added to the games since it's the only (meaningful) league that will decide the champion on the final match day and 3 teams are fighting to stay out of 2 relegation spots.

Hands down the best league this year.

You try so hard
  • maymanpele

Just saw west ham aren't guaranteed 6th so that's pretty important since your tied on GD with Southampton.
  • Dan is Clutch
    24540 posts Club Captain

Just saw west ham aren't guaranteed 6th so that's pretty important since your tied on GD with Southampton.

We're 2 points ahead of them.
  • LFC Simon 98
    16504 posts World Class

We gonna have that play off then?
  • Dan is Clutch
    24540 posts Club Captain

Probably. :joy:
  • maymanpele

So a draw makes it 3 points ahead, coupled with a Southampton win makes it even on points.

If you draw, your gd stays at +15. Southampton win means they have at least +16.

As I said, pretty important stuff if payet is out.
  • Dan is Clutch
    24540 posts Club Captain

So a draw makes it 3 points ahead, coupled with a Southampton win makes it even on points.

If you draw, your gd stays at +15. Southampton win means they have at least +16.

As I said, pretty important stuff if payet is out.

When you say tied on G/D, the normal meaning of that would be level on points as well.

Payet is important, yes, but we do have other players.
  • DoD_Jester
    Fancy our chance tomorrow

Of getting turned over royally

• LFC Simon 98
    16504 posts World Class

So is it too 6 or top 7 get the Europa?

And then if United win the cup surely the next team will get in aswell. Plus the chance we get champions league anyway
  • Dan is Clutch
    24540 posts Club Captain

So is it too 6 or top 7 get the Europa?

And then if United win the cup surely the next team will get in aswell. Plus the chance we get champions league anyway

Top 6 is Europe as things stand. If Man United win the cup then 7th gets in as well.