Van Nistelrooy

ALlanmce
418 posts Sunday League Hero
Have been mulling over a team to buy and pretty much spend majority of my coins and Van Nistelrooy is the most expensive player but never used him. Can anyone who has used him give a quick review?

Comments

• Campino
    27163 posts Player of the Year
    edited May 2016
    ALlanmce wrote: »
    Have been mulling over a team to buy and pretty much spend majority of my coins and Van Nistelrooy is the most expensive player but never used him. Can anyone who has used him give a quick review?

300k waste of space for me
  • DoD_Jester
    26344 posts Player of the Year
    Campino wrote: »

To elaborate

He's an amazing finisher, but little else

Very static and dribbles like a 2 year old (tho to be expected)

Decent enough passing I suppose, as long as it's nothing too fancy

Personally Shearer was a hell of alot better
  • Gale420
    3990 posts National Call-Up
    Campino wrote: »

To elaborate

He's an amazing finisher, but little else

Very static and dribbles like a 2 year old (tho to be expected)

Decent enough passing I suppose, as long as it's nothing too fancy

Personally Shearer was a hell of alot better

Thisss!!!
  • Runefang
    6045 posts Big Money Move
  • ALlanmce
    Thanks guys, done a search on Forums too and think i'll give him a miss and tweak my potential team a bit. Doesn't seem worth the coins from what your saying and what others have said
  • Glass0nion
    3937 posts National Call-Up
    Get Kluivert
  • ALlanmce
    Glass0nion wrote: »
    Get Kluivert

Was considering this but that will eat up pretty much all my coins :( lol. Think I may hold off for a bit and see what TOTS players come out as interested in Serie A

• Yodafc86
    232 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Shearer
  • DoD_Jester
    Yodafc86 wrote: »
    Shearer

Honestly OP, this, he's what? 240k atm? And worth every coin, makes some amazing little 5 yard runs off CBS, has the finesse shot of Messi and really crisp passing for a striker + he's strong enough and fast enough to use LT-RT to decent effect

And let's face it, he's shearer :joy:
  • Safehands84
    3527 posts National Call-Up
    Shearer

Honestly OP, this, he's what? 240k atm? And worth every coin, makes some amazing little 5 yard runs off CBS, has the finesse shot of Messi and really crisp passing for a striker + he's strong enough and fast enough to use LT-RT to decent effect

Really surprised at the above I had Shearer and got rid, couldn't finish his dinner, lost count of the amount of times he put it wide or straight at the keeper. Couldn't win any headers with him either. He was great at holding the ball up though while others made runs around him.
  • DoD_Jester
    Shearer

Really surprised at the above I had Shearer and got rid, couldn't finish his dinner, lost count of the amount of times he put it wide or straight at the keeper. Couldn't win any headers with him either. He was great at holding the ball up though while others made runs around him.

I've had him 3 times mate, first time he was OK, but had the issues you mentioned

Second time he was great but shifted him for profit

3rd time he was immense, scored something like 80 in 50 d1 games winning me d1 singlehandedly one season in a non rare team.

Just like keepers I suppose different players work for different ppl
  • Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year
    Packed him in the first week and sold for 1.2. Never tried him. :D