Bergkamp

Claicon
2308 posts Fans' Favourite
edited May 2016
Hey guys,

tried some players out in the last few weeks and now i will finally go with some Legend ST/CF. So i looked at Bergkamp because he looks pretty good to me and he is the 3rd most expensive ST/CF Legend. And i want to sell my 93 Lewy because i hate the lack of 4* skills up front :D

Anyone got some reviews on him in a 4321? He looks pretty good for this formation, decent strength and height and good pace (not much needed). Thanks ;)
Post edited by Claicon on

Comments

• riskze
    487 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Bit of topic mate as ive never used bergy but, how is 93 lewa? minus the 3* skills?
  • Claicon
    riskze wrote: »
    Bit of topic mate as ive never used bergy but, how is 93 lewa? minus the 3* skills?

Very good! He is an excellent finisher and very good in the air. And his pace is also enough to make some great runs. He would be my main man if he got that 4* skills but i like to do some skills and he will get a TOTS soon so i will get rid of him... ;)
  • riskze
    487 posts An Exciting Prospect
    @Claicon yeah the skills is the only thing putting me off. Bergy should be good though pal going of what I've heard :)
  • Kikapu
    184 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    When I used bergkamp in a single striker formation he was great. Averaged a more than a goal a game.

I also used him in a two ST and at CAM and was good in all those positions and formations.
  • ECUPirates
    1124 posts Professional
    I've tried Bergy twice and I really want to like him but just can't. He finishes everything, but I really struggle to create chances with him.
  • Claicon
    Kikapu wrote: »
    When I used bergkamp in a single striker formation he was great. Averaged a more than a goal a game.

I also used him in a two ST and at CAM and was good in all those positions and formations.

Yeah sounds good ;)
    ECUPirates wrote: »
    I've tried Bergy twice and I really want to like him but just can't. He finishes everything, but I really struggle to create chances with him.

Which formation do you use him in?
  • Claicon
    Other reviews? :)
  • Claicon
    Push :( :)
  • RWU
    2978 posts National Call-Up
    I used him as CF .. Excellent dribbler and very good passing.. Also regularly make runs into space.. Scoring regularly too... I replaced Gullit with him so he got big shoes to fill.. And so far doing good in his own way with great finesse.
  • Claicon
    RWU wrote: »
    I used him as CF .. Excellent dribbler and very good passing.. Also regularly make runs into space.. Scoring regularly too... I replaced Gullit with him so he got big shoes to fill.. And so far doing good in his own way with great finesse.

Ok thanks. ;) Sounds good tho but really nor sure about using him in 4321. Maybe i should go with Kluivert in this formation?
  • Claicon
    So now i tried out Kluivert in the 4321 and he just wasn't that good. He has 4* skills but he couldn't create some space. He was ok i would say but not that good that i will keep him.

Now i want to go with Bergkamp in a False 9 formation. I will do some sort of RTG on my own but i need a fresh Bergkamp. If anyone got one, pls PM me or write it here. Would love it, because i rather like it to do a RTG with a fresh card. :)
  • LNdd
    437 posts Sunday League Hero
    Didnt like bergkamp to much, his finishing was off for me also his dribbling isnt as smooth as what you would expect.

Could possibly be me my own mistake though.
    See alot of people like him so you should give him a go i think
  • CokePrime
    48 posts Park Captain
    Replaced Kluivert at CAM for Bergkamp in a 433 (4) use his height, skills and dribbling to create space and either gets an assist, gets through on goal or just pops in a 40 yard screamer like it's nothing. Been playing my mate so my G2G ratio has gone down, but it's still 31 games 28 goals 10 assists.
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    Bergkamp's best position is CAM IMO. He's not really an out and out striker

At CAM he's one of the best players in the game
  • Claicon
    Shane wrote: »
    Bergkamp's best position is CAM IMO. He's not really an out and out striker

At CAM he's one of the best players in the game

Yeah that's why i will switch over to False 9 and go with him at CF because it seems his right position,
  • Claicon
    Just wanna give a short review of Bergkamp now, since i played 43 games and scored 82 goals (6 assists) in the 433(5):

He is a absolute beast! He is so smooth in the ball, the ball doesn't want to get off him. He can set up attacks pretty well, sending the wingers on some runs. If that's not the case - Bergkamp is always in the right position to make a run and then he's just unstoppable (his pace felt much more), even Ramos couldn't catch up to him.

The only bad thing about him was his strength, he got pushed off the ball in a 1 vs 1 with the defender but that wasn't really a big problem, because he got a decent body to turn around or pass it to someone. I didn't see why he was bad in the air (some YT and reviews mentioned). He is no CF who puts every cross into the net but he was actually pretty good - never scored so many headers ever.

Recommend him to everyone at CF in a False 9... His finishing is just crazy good and he puts away so many longshots - the GK didn't even move sometimes, they are just placed so well. I will definitely keep until the end of FIFA 16, it just makes so much fun to use this guy :) :)