220px-FIFA_World_Cup_2018_Logo.png

dnq6T3e.png
  • Ashy
    9567 posts League Winner
    Ld1e8Z0.png
  • Ashy
    9567 posts League Winner
    SPXLHWj.png
    The World Cup 2018 groups have been revealed to the world today and there are some really interesting ones, Belgium will face a tough crowd early on as they take on the hosts Russia along with Korea Rep and the impressive South American side Uruguay. Italy probably have the easiest group and the group of death looks like it's either group A or B.

Favourites to win the tournament are currently Germany with Belgium coming close in second France and Netherlands also up there with the South American teams such as Chile, Brazil and Argentina below, which nation will surprise us this year and who will take the World Cup home?

In other news:
    • Wilmots has confirmed his 23 man squad heading to Russia with some surprise names making the sheet, Dennis Praet, Lucas Vandenbergh and Obbi Oulare have impressed during the friendlies and qualifiers as the manager said he needs to inject some younger players in the side
    • The Belgium manager also gave a short press conference before leaving Belgium, in summary he told the media his side will be ruthless, his players are working hard and want to impress the whole world with their talents, the big stage awaits and Belgium are ready to take home the trophy.
  • Good to see that this is back :)

Interesting group!
  • theodom101
    484 posts Sunday League Hero
    Best of luck in the world cup. How far are you expected to go? Hopefully Australia can get through in that easy group :smiley:
  • Ashy
    9567 posts League Winner
    StickLight wrote: »
    Good to see that this is back :)

Interesting group!
    Thanks, its good to be back, looking forward to this World Cup, anything can happen!
    theodom101 wrote: »
    Best of luck in the world cup. How far are you expected to go? Hopefully Australia can get through in that easy group :smiley:
    Thanks, I expect to qualify at the very least hopefully end top of the group and take on either England or Argentina in the Round of 16, realistically I want to make it to the final but it depends who my opponents are along the way. If we get another Germany Belgium final I will cry :s hopefully someone knocks them out before I face them not confident against them.
  • Alastair
    10040 posts Moderator
    Great to see this is back.

Some good warm up wins and a great draw for you. Your Round of 16 match will be tough though.
  • Ooh nice graphics! Tough group you're in but Belgium's got the talent.
  • Ashy
    9567 posts League Winner
    Alastair wrote: »
    Great to see this is back.

Some good warm up wins and a great draw for you. Your Round of 16 match will be tough though.
    Thanks it will be I'd rather play England than Argentina so we'll see what happens
    Ooh nice graphics! Tough group you're in but Belgium's got the talent.
    Thanks they certainly do

Sorry for the delay guys I have some of the group game graphics ready so first update will be tonight or tomorrow

• Looking great, Ashy! Russia might give you a bit of a head-scratcher but Korea is a piece of cake.
  • Ashy
    9567 posts League Winner
    spider7 wrote: »
    Looking great, Ashy! Russia might give you a bit of a head-scratcher but Korea is a piece of cake.
    Ha I wouldn't be so sure
  • Ashy
    9567 posts League Winner
    yEg5u9Q.png
    wAYyfkV.png

• Ashy
    9567 posts League Winner
    BoVcKCx.png
    U9aucYJ.png

• Even tho u lost to Korea u still look good because u just need to win against Russia
  • LaMertesackerRun
    6214 posts Big Money Move
    Unlucky conceding 2 late goals vs Korea, good response to it though :)
  • Wow, shame on me for underrating Korea. Top of the group. But great win over Uruguay.
  • theodom101
    484 posts Sunday League Hero
    Bit unlucky against Korea but a great result against Uruguay. Good luck against Russia :smile: