Formation advice with my playstyle

l OwNz l
568 posts An Exciting Prospect
After a break of 3-4 months away from fifa i recently started to play again. I noticed that with all the patches the gameplay has changed a bit since I stopped playing. I am now finding it hard to find a good formation which suits my playstyle. So I am looking for some advice from you guys!

So what about my fifa skills?

I am an average player (FUT 15 division 3, currently division 6), know some basic skill moves but I won’t messi you’re a** with no touch heel flick Ronaldo chop combo’s. I like to have some control over the game and average a bit more then 50% possession and then fly up the pitch either via the wings or a bit of passing through the middle.

I currently play a 433(5) and 4-1-2-1-2 (2). I win some and lose some, no real shocking losses and no big wins as well. I do c*ck up defensively a few times a game, but hey I am getting better by learning. As my defending skills aren’t the best I do preffere tactics which help me a bit when I do something stupid. So for instances if I play the 4-3-3- attack, I get totally destroyed on the counter.

So here are my questions 
1. What is the go-to formation this fut according to you for winning and I should invest my time in too learn?
2. And what would you advise if you read my playstyle? I can understand that between answer 1 and 2 there maybe a difference

Thanks!

Comments

• Remzy69
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think 41212(2) and False 9 are both good. I like false 9 because you have some width in your attack, but I also like the 41212(2) because the narrowness.

I have played almost any formation in this FIFA, because I also could not settle. And I still have trouble actually setting to one formation.

I kind off roulette these: 4231(1), 433(5), 41212(2) and sometimes 433(2) and 433(4).
    Currently going to give 4312 a try.
  • l OwNz l
    Remzy69 wrote: »
    I think 41212(2) and False 9 are both good. I like false 9 because you have some width in your attack, but I also like the 41212(2) because the narrowness.

I have played almost any formation in this FIFA, because I also could not settle. And I still have trouble actually setting to one formation.

I kind off roulette these: 4231(1), 433(5), 41212(2) and sometimes 433(2) and 433(4).
    Currently going to give 4312 a try.

Thanks for the response mate! May i ask what PI's do you use for your main 3 tactics and what CT's?

For the 433(5) i use xciljw his PI's and instructions and for the 41212(2) i use Gorilla his one. No clue what so ever for the 4231
  • Denz
    3155 posts National Call-Up
    I've struggled massively this year to stick to even a couple of formations I like. I seem to have good initial results and then I struggle a bit and end up changing everything. Some consistency is therefore probably key, give a couple of formations a good couple of seasons.

41212 narrow seems to be popular but the one I come up against the most is actually one I'm yet to try the 433 4 I think it is, the one with the two cms and one cam.

Sounds like you like to play with wingers so any of the 433 variants should suit, just depends on whether you want a cam or cdm.

I'm yet to find single cdms actually do their job but miss them when I avoid using them altogether.
  • l OwNz l
    Denz wrote: »
    I've struggled massively this year to stick to even a couple of formations I like. I seem to have good initial results and then I struggle a bit and end up changing everything. Some consistency is therefore probably key, give a couple of formations a good couple of seasons.

41212 narrow seems to be popular but the one I come up against the most is actually one I'm yet to try the 433 4 I think it is, the one with the two cms and one cam.

Sounds like you like to play with wingers so any of the 433 variants should suit, just depends on whether you want a cam or cdm.

I'm yet to find single cdms actually do their job but miss them when I avoid using them altogether.

haha sounds familiar ;-) CDM's are all over :S i find busquets ok, and love marchisio. You tried marchisio?
  • barnseyblade
    2674 posts Fans' Favourite
    4-3-1-2

You can make lots of chances in any game. If you're a good finisher you should be scoring often. The front two make plenty of runs.

After playing with it for a while I understand why the pros use it so much, with the likes of Ronaldo, Messi, Weah etc up top. Powerful strikers with good dribbling rule up top.

You can hold the ball, play possession and watch the options open up for you very much, or you can ping a ball through for your strikers to chase, they often play like narrow wingers in the way they make their runs.

I can't afford the elite strikers, but I'm having success with the likes of Menez, Lacazette, Dybala, Jovetic.

KDB is my favourite CAM, and I find Rooney incredible as the central midfielder.
  • Brazil4fun
    2605 posts Fans' Favourite
    This Fifa has been a mess when finding a good formation , i have 30+ division 1 titles but cant find a formation yet , i really love 433-5 it has everything you need , i hate narrow ones like 41212-2 or 4312 , but this Fifa they are the way to go for winning , i dont use them anyway, i prefer to have fun than winning.
    I like the 4231 variation but to use it i have to change formation ingame because i dont want to lose wingers , so im stucked with 433 false 9. :/
  • l OwNz l
    4-3-1-2

You can make lots of chances in any game. If you're a good finisher you should be scoring often. The front two make plenty of runs.

After playing with it for a while I understand why the pros use it so much, with the likes of Ronaldo, Messi, Weah etc up top. Powerful strikers with good dribbling rule up top.

You can hold the ball, play possession and watch the options open up for you very much, or you can ping a ball through for your strikers to chase, they often play like narrow wingers in the way they make their runs.

I can't afford the elite strikers, but I'm having success with the likes of Menez, Lacazette, Dybala, Jovetic.

KDB is my favourite CAM, and I find Rooney incredible as the central midfielder.

Thanks for your reaction m8! What instructions and CT's do you use for the 4312?
  • l OwNz l
    Brazil4fun wrote: »
    This Fifa has been a mess when finding a good formation , i have 30+ division 1 titles but cant find a formation yet , i really love 433-5 it has everything you need , i hate narrow ones like 41212-2 or 4312 , but this Fifa they are the way to go for winning , i dont use them anyway, i prefer to have fun than winning.
    I like the 4231 variation but to use it i have to change formation ingame because i dont want to lose wingers , so im stucked with 433 false 9. :/

holy f* 30+ titels :S i still got a long way to go haha even to get my first :D Yeah i love the 433-5 as well, it's my main tactic. thanks for the response m8!
  • barnseyblade
    2674 posts Fans' Favourite
    l OwNz l wrote: »
    4-3-1-2

Thanks for your reaction m8! What instructions and CT's do you use for the 4312?

I rarely use CT lately due to laziness.

For instructions I usually use get in behind for both strikers, all the front three stay forward and leave everything else as it is.
  • Denz
    3155 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 2016
    Denz wrote: »

haha sounds familiar ;-) CDM's are all over :S i find busquets ok, and love marchisio. You tried marchisio?

I have, one of the most rounded players on the game. With the high high workrate though he tends to be the one at times getting on the end of things in my opponents box as opposed to my own. Even when I use low attacking work rates that doesn't change much so I would rather use marchisio than the likes of khedira in a single cdm formation.
  • Amargaladaster26
    10442 posts Has That Special Something
    4231 would really suit you. Perfect for possesion playing or teoretically going down the wing too and it is really strong defensively. Check @Liam9lfc guide on this formation.
  • l OwNz l
    4-3-1-2

I rarely use CT lately due to laziness.

For instructions I usually use get in behind for both strikers, all the front three stay forward and leave everything else as it is.

Okido m8! Thanks will give it a try :)
  • l OwNz l
    4231 would really suit you. Perfect for possesion playing or teoretically going down the wing too and it is really strong defensively. Check @Liam9lfc guide on this formation.

thanks for the tip, i read ( and not experienced myself) that with recent patches it doesn't work as good anymore. will have a look!
  • Remzy69
    When I play false 9 I use @❤️❤️❤️❤️_Benz tactics and for 41212(2) I use @HekTic_JukeZ tactics.
  • l OwNz l
    When I play false 9 I use @❤️❤️❤️❤️_Benz tactics and for 41212(2) I use @HekTic_JukeZ tactics.

Cool! I've been playing around with @xciljw and @❤️❤️❤️❤️_Benz CT's and instructions. Work well :) What are you using for the 4312 you are testing if you don't mind me asking?
  • Remzy69

Cool! I've been playing around with @xciljw and @❤️❤️❤️❤️_Benz CT's and instructions. Work well :) What are you using for the 4312 you are testing if you don't mind me asking?
    The same @Amir is using, but I didnt like it. 41212(2) Plays better for me.
  • Brazil4fun
    2605 posts Fans' Favourite

Do you change formation ingame ??
  • D-Maniac
    879 posts Semi-Pro

What does @Amir use? :p