Last year you got a 50k for the community tournaments, what happend?

AbuNegus
1229 posts Professional
http://www.fifauteam.com/fifa-15-ultimate-team-tournaments/

Look at last year's tournaments, really ridiculous.
If you won the same tournament last year you got a 7k + 50k pack. Now you get 5k and that's it, what the hell is that?!.
Why would anyone ever create a silver and bronze team with these rewards. I had enough of seasons and was looking forward to TOTS for some fun tournament with worthwhile prize, very disappointing.

Comments

• bberger
    5175 posts Big Money Move
    Because nobody would pay to play draft then...
  • Knienjo
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Indeed really bad rewards for 4 winning games!
  • hayhor1
    15078 posts World Class
    bberger wrote: »
    Because nobody would pay to play draft then...

Exactly.
  • Mattheos
    1516 posts Play-Off Hero
    They were untradeable so it wouldn't have an affect on draft.
  • hayhor1
    15078 posts World Class
    Mattheos wrote: »

People play draft for packs so yes it does matter. Draft costs coins or FP. Normal tournies do not. So if they have normal tournies that give packs why would anyone play the mode that costs money?
  • hayhor1
    15078 posts World Class

People play draft for packs so yes it does matter. Draft costs coins or FP. Normal tournies do not. So if they have normal tournies that give packs why would anyone play the mode that costs money?
  • AbuNegus
    1229 posts Professional
    I don't really see the link between wanting to play draft (and make profit) and playing for an untradable pack.
    So let me ask you guys.
    Say if some tournemants have an untradable pack as a reward would you not play draft again? And why? I'd like to see the link between the two.
  • Mattheos
    1516 posts Play-Off Hero
    hayhor1 wrote: »

One untradeable pack a week isn't going to kill draft, lol. By your logic they should do away with solo rewards on Madden aswell?
  • TeamRem
    2341 posts Fans' Favourite
    This year EA doesn't want to create that much inflation. The prizes last year were so high because the market was so ruined after the coin glitching.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    3259 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 2016
    Tournaments don't make EA money. Draft does. People will still continue to play draft as the rewards can be decent if you manage to win it.

If tournaments had big rewards no one would play draft anymore. EA want you to spend your FIFA points on draft and packs. Simple.

I have to say though, draft has had an overall negative impact on the enjoyment level of this FUT. It's a shame that EA have figured out this new way of taking money off of us.

I think the only way forwards now is to start introducing entry fees on tournaments as well. That way people can still have the chance to play creative tournaments with decent rewards. This needs to happen in FUT 17 or else it will just eventually die out. I'd like to think that people will get sick of spending their money on a dull game mode.
  • hayhor1
    15078 posts World Class
    AbuNegus wrote: »
    I don't really see the link between wanting to play draft (and make profit) and playing for an untradable pack.
    So let me ask you guys.
    Say if some tournemants have an untradable pack as a reward would you not play draft again? And why? I'd like to see the link between the two.
    hayhor1 wrote: »

One untradeable pack a week isn't going to kill draft, lol. By your logic they should do away with solo rewards on Madden aswell?

Last year you could play the tournies over and over to keep getting the reward. Plus, people only have so much time to play. If 4 matches (or more if you have to start again) take a little over an hour, that is at least one draft entry fee that EA does not collect.
  • Scouser
    2537 posts Fans' Favourite
  • Scouser
    We dont want new packs , all we want are good tournaments
  • illinifan
    8676 posts League Winner
    Even 25k packs would be great rewards, but the 7.5k packs and 5k coin rewards will get dull fast
  • Scouser
    Even 25k packs would be great rewards, but the 7.5k packs and 5k coin rewards will get dull fast

Wouldnt even play it
  • Dawud
    16131 posts World Class
    inflation
  • Kove
    4393 posts National Call-Up
    Really wish they would restructure tournaments.

Give us a couple of untradeable loan players from the requirements - Irish, Bundesliga, Silver etc etc then let people build something.

Make the rewards untradeable that way it is different from draft and draft is the bigger more profitable fish but stops tournaments stagnating.

Last year with the untradeable pack I ended up with TOTS Toni, TOTS Clyne and TOTS Parejo. It lead me to making some really interesting teams and using players that I didn't use previously. Content should be fun it should not just be profit.
  • Timoner12
    5622 posts Big Money Move
    It was amazing building a new league team every week and going for that 50k pack! EA took a huge step on making tournaments better last year, now it seems like they have retroceded all the way back
  • HekTic_JukeZ
    2349 posts Fans' Favourite
    Less people playing draft. So can't let that happen.

I doubt we see a good tournament for TOTS.
  • jenksiee123
    24054 posts Club Captain
    Why give people TOTS cards for free when they can spend money/coins and use them in draft. Simple as that really unfortunately.
  • pittphan
    3023 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 2016
    I won't be playing draft at all. I was expecting real tourneys with packs.... I was worried they would make us win 5-7 tourneys (they may still release those yet) just to get good packs, but instead they have given us garbage tourneys. Pretty dissapointed... So far with tots. The packs have been trash too, so when you add that to the tourney situation; it is clear EA just want you to have to fork over your entire paycheck just to have some new blue card.

For me, I am a person that keeps one of every player I pack in my club, so I like the untradable. I am not one of these people (which it seems like most FUT players are) that sells anything good they get in packs. I actually use the players. With the rewards becoming trash (including the draft - last one I won and got a 50k &5k and lost coins in the end) and the packs becoming beyond trash (you could buy 20 25k rare packs and easily not get 1 player worth 25k) it is all becoming pointless for people like me. As someone who is not afraid or ashamed of spending money on the game because I have limited time to trade/grind, it is just becoming such a blatant rip off that I think I have to change the way I approach the game. I will likely move to selling most of my club and just buying the players I want when they get cheap. It is inevitable that player will be cheap due to the worthless packs taking so many coins out of the game.....
    Anyway sorry for so many words- I know half the people on here will have ignored this when they saw it wasn't some canned meme of a response.

BTW - the game play is shocking half the time too! Why do I still invest so much into this game?
  • AbuNegus
    1229 posts Professional
    So draft killed the TOTS hype. That's a shame.
    The BPL tournemant will probably be a 10k prize then instead of pack. Or maybe another kit but that seems unlikely.
  • elgordofeto
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    EA announced tournaments with progresive prizes, let's hope they do it for leagues TOTS
  • ContraCode64
    2529 posts Fans' Favourite
    Kove wrote: »

Give us a couple of untradeable loan players from the requirements - Irish, Bundesliga, Silver etc etc then let people build something.

Make the rewards untradeable that way it is different from draft and draft is the bigger more profitable fish but stops tournaments stagnating.

Last year with the untradeable pack I ended up with TOTS Toni, TOTS Clyne and TOTS Parejo. It lead me to making some really interesting teams and using players that I didn't use previously. Content should be fun it should not just be profit.

Couldn't agree more with this bit. I don't have a problem with EA making money, but their greed and laziness this year has been shameless. There are plenty of ways they could breath more life or fun into FUT without hitting their profit margins, but why bother when the money keeps rolling in?

The idea of a few random untradeable loan players for certain tournaments is a really good one, because right now any tournament with unique criteria (i.e. using players from less popular leagues or clubs) is essentially dead from the outset. Nobody in their right mind is going to go out and spend around 10k building a whole new team to play for a 2k-4k prize and even if you happen to have enough players already in your club to enter them, it often becomes difficult just to find games once you hit the semi final.
  • TKBC
    3035 posts National Call-Up
    AbuNegus wrote: »
    So let me ask you guys.

Why would I pay for draft when I can enter a tourney with no risk for a potential nice pack reward even if it's untradeable? No, I wouldn't enter draft if the tournaments had a nice untradeable pack reward (I don't enter draft anyway - the pack weights are pathetic).
  • schwarzgelben
    896 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Couldn't agree more with this bit. I don't have a problem with EA making money, but their greed and laziness this year has been shameless. There are plenty of ways they could breath more life or fun into FUT without hitting their profit margins, but why bother when the money keeps rolling in?

That's why I chose to play for free this year and not buy the game. Get as much enjoyment out of it while only costing EA money. Good timing for this too, because this year was awful.

They have shoved four hands of fingers in our eyes, they deserve one back.
  • Mattheos
    1516 posts Play-Off Hero
    Kove wrote: »

The idea of a few random untradeable loan players for certain tournaments is a really good one, because right now any tournament with unique criteria (i.e. using players from less popular leagues or clubs) is essentially dead from the outset. Nobody in their right mind is going to go out and spend around 10k building a whole new team to play for a 2k-4k prize and even if you happen to have enough players already in your club to enter them, it often becomes difficult just to find games once you hit the semi final.

They would still make money, these pseudo share holders in here, lol. One online/offline wouldn't make a difference to there bottom line because even with the untradeable packs, one per tournament, there's A. No guarantee's you would even pack a TOTS & B. Drafts in terms of overall value still trump pumping points into packs. If your good enough to hit 3 wins online, you have a chance at mega packs, jumbo's & at least doubling/tripling the value of what you would have paid for 2 premium packs. Even winning offline on professional can net you 2 jumbo packs.

If anything drafts counter the need to throw 100 dollars on the current 20 - 25k rare gold packs just to get Turan as your best player.
  • jamesgriffy
    361 posts Sunday League Hero
    Because they are a greedy company they don't give a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ about you, all they want is your money. Other games have community managers who communicate with their fan base, even Activision does better job than EA. Worst start for TOTS since FIFA 12, woeful pack weight and horrible rewards. Once Uncharted 4 comes, I don't think I have time for EA nor their 5k reward tourney's.
  • viva Colonia
    1115 posts Professional
    its mad that theese tourneys are just running for 2 days so it doesnt really make sense for me to build a team for 4-8 games (for such a low price) and then sell it again
  • Dutchcaliber
    2788 posts Fans' Favourite
    Tournaments don't make EA money. Draft does. People will still continue to play draft as the rewards can be decent if you manage to win it.

If tournaments had big rewards no one would play draft anymore. EA want you to spend your FIFA points on draft and packs. Simple.

I have to say though, draft has had an overall negative impact on the enjoyment level of this FUT. It's a shame that EA have figured out this new way of taking money off of us.

I think the only way forwards now is to start introducing entry fees on tournaments as well. That way people can still have the chance to play creative tournaments with decent rewards. This needs to happen in FUT 17 or else it will just eventually die out. I'd like to think that people will get sick of spending their money on a dull game mode.

Not true. The tournament gives you an untradeable pack and you can only win the pack once. The draft can be played unlimited times and gives you players you can sell.