The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

When will EA finally patch the input lag ?

WWEFAN24_TRIPLEH
14322 posts Has That Special Something
Seriously, this game became unplayable. @Rob

Comments

• RadioShaq
    15385 posts Moderator
    People say they do those ninja silent ghost patches once or twice a day so probably in a couple hours.
  • WWEFAN24_TRIPLEH
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    People say they do those ninja silent ghost patches once or twice a day so probably in a couple hours.

:lol:
  • Fletch
    3508 posts National Call-Up
    Input lag comes from the users end. It's probably to do with your tv, possibly even a dodgy hdmi cable(I've have this before).

Try putting your tv into gaming mode
  • Jenko
    13845 posts Has That Special Something
    Fletch wrote: »
    Input lag comes from the users end. It's probably to do with your tv, possibly even a dodgy hdmi cable(I've have this before).

Complete nonsense.
  • RadioShaq
    15385 posts Moderator
    I mean I never felt them but when ever inception or another youtuber posts about good gameplay bad gameplay and ea fixing it at night everyone seems to believe it.
  • Fletch
    Jenko wrote: »

Complete nonsense.

Think what you will.
  • Jenko
    13845 posts Has That Special Something
    edited May 2016

Complete nonsense.

Think what you will.

Explain when the whole team gets pad lag in Pro Clubs, everybody just got dodgy TVs at the same time?
  • JIO22
    1175 posts Professional

Utter nonsense. I ruled this out about 7yrs ago... Sounds like a typical "EA help type" of response.
  • urubuinflamante
    897 posts An Exciting Prospect

"Winners don't do drugs."
  • Pieman25
    17086 posts World Class
    I don't think they can patch input lag in all honesty, it's the downfall of choosing P2P.
  • Masakari
    876 posts Semi-Pro
    The new patch is called FIFA 17 and will cost $60.
  • BU11ET
    1213 posts Play-Off Hero
    Got to agree with this guy. I never play pro clubs but decided to have a few games with a couple of friends, and by God was it bad for switching players it's not half as responsive as fut
  • Dutchcaliber
    2788 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    I don't think they can patch input lag in all honesty, it's the downfall of choosing P2P.

This. Unless they introduce dedicated servers. Wich they wont it will stay this way.
  • BenzP7
    8294 posts League Winner

Complete nonsense.

• Boomhauer
    1047 posts Professional
    Masakari wrote: »

Unfortunately it will be the exact same.
  • Vitto7
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    today i installed fifa 13 and 14....i have the same issue of input lag... fifa 17 will be the same.... i don't know what i do
  • Boysie91
    9594 posts Has That Special Something
    Boomhauer wrote: »
    Masakari wrote: »

Unfortunately it will be the exact same.

Worse each year

• JayyThunder
    4601 posts Big Money Move
    They need to have dedicated servers for us. When it's p2p and you play someone with bad internet you get input lag
  • the_febo
    836 posts Semi-Pro

Complete nonsense.

• SubbuteoX
    21 posts Last Pick at the Park

Why do people continue to spout this utter nonsense.
  • E_clipZe
    863 posts Semi-Pro
    I almost never have input lag. And when I do I'm always thinking it's the opponent his connection.
  • Sami
    200 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    They need to have dedicated servers for us. When it's p2p and you play someone with bad internet you get input lag

Or improve the matchmaking.

You think pro clubs on dedicated servers doesn't lag? Dedicated servers has been in pro clubs for years and the game is the same there. Infact when I'm any, I can't switch players for **** in clubs.

Also makes no business sense to have dedicated servers for 1vs1.

I don't want to be playing people from Saudi Arabia or Mexico. Match me up with people from Europe.
  • BeardedBerk
    1619 posts Play-Off Hero
    Problem is some get input lag and others don't.... On 15 my gameplay was superb, on 16 I stopped playing online in February as it was just input lag galore, out of 200+ games on FUT about 9 were smooth
  • Fletch
    SubbuteoX wrote: »

Because it is true. It's not on the games end. I have never had an input lag issue since I upgraded to a better HDMI cable and using the Gaming mode on my TV. I have since switched to a gaming monitor and every single match is like playing offline.

Then again think of it what you will, but you're daft if you're going to continue to think the issue is on EA's end
  • the_febo
    836 posts Semi-Pro

Because it is true. It's not on the games end. I have never had an input lag issue since I upgraded to a better HDMI cable and using the Gaming mode on my TV. I have since switched to a gaming monitor and every single match is like playing offline.

Then again think of it what you will, but you're daft if you're going to continue to think the issue is on EA's end

Nah, the people have this problem only with fifa.
    I can play CoD with no input lag but not Fifa.
    So its complete nonsense...
  • SubbuteoX
    21 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited July 2016

Nonsense to suggest the problem is at the gamers end in all cases. In this day and age almost everyone has fibre broadband with low ping and thousands more upstream and downstream capability than is required for lag free online gaming.

Yet thousands of people experience problems JUST with FIFA. Are you really trying to tell me that's a coincidence?

I've got a decent enough knowledge of IT so that my home broadband is set up in the best possible way, using good hardware and a dedicated gaming monitor. My ping is 8ms and i'm getting 205mb down and 12mb up. Yet I can play someone that has a similar set up and it be laggy as hell.

I was playing FIFA08 online nearly 10 years ago with perfect smooth gameplay, and that was back when it was normal for people to have 1mb down and probably something like 100ms latency at both ends.

I can play other games whilst two other people in the house stream full 1080p video, without the slightest hint of lag or high latency and yet with FIFA every other game is an absolute lag fest, even when nothing else is utilising the bandwidth. There are clearly problems with EA's infrastructure supporting the game - you only have to look at how often there are connectivity issues etc, especially going back over the last couple of years.

Look at when the WebApp got taken down for months on end - that was because EA weren't in control of their product. The thing got so big that they couldn't manage what it had become. Like a business that starts off with one guy and a PC in a shed and suddenly has 10 times more business than it can deal with - doomed to fail because the underlying infrastructure clearly isn't there to support the demand.

Until resource is poured into the hardware on EA's end nothing is likely to change, it seems. But to deny that there's any kind of problem is bordering on ridiculous. There's a 2000 post thread on input lag for heaven's sake.

Another user above made a good point about matchmaking, it's nonsensical. FIFA is hugely popular in the UK yet it's more common for me to get matched with players in Germany, France, Portugal etc. Where's the sense in that? At any one time there must be tens of thousands of people looking for a game, why not limit the matchmaking distance to at least mitigate the risk of a thoroughly unenjoyable game? At the very least they need to bring back the couple of (game) minutes amnesty whereby when you could see it was going to be a lagfest from the off, you could exit the game without penalty.
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    many factors which can help or hinder you.
  • NornIron
    12263 posts Has That Special Something
    What if the games fine on Pro clubs then can i rule out TV setting, HDMI cable, my internet etc.
  • maksi
    6617 posts Big Money Move
    At the very least they need to bring back the couple of (game) minutes amnesty whereby when you could see it was going to be a lagfest from the off, you could exit the game without penalty.
    They had that on H2H but they removed it.

• WWEFAN24_TRIPLEH
    the_febo wrote: »

Nah, the people have this problem only with fifa.
    I can play CoD with no input lag but not Fifa.
    So its complete nonsense...

This.

Every other EA game is lag free too.