How Position Changes 'Should' Work In Fifa 17

1
MattDaddy V1
1603 posts Play-Off Hero
Isn't it about time EA changed the position change system? Now instead of me just whining I thought I'd offer a simple but effective solution lol. Why don't they just 'borrow' the system from PES? Now, I don't want this to turn into a FIFA v's PES flame war but if EA are telling me that say Phil Jones can play CB, RB & CDM then why should I be punished for playing him as a RB or CDM. When u place a player in one of their preferred positions u should be able to simple highlight said player and change their position so there is no punishment to team/player chemistry. As a compromise players in game stats should be effected due to their placement. Say change Ashley Young to a lwb and his in game attacking stats should be all lowered by 1 but his defensive stats all raise by 1 etc. Good idea or will it never happen because EA need the lb 2 lwb cards to fill out those all gold rare packs lol.

Comments

  • Reus
    22448 posts Club Captain
    i have been saying you should be able to play players in their preferred positions for years

    surely it isnt that hard since they already have the preferred positions set up because of career mode and seasons
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    It's just broken.

    RM Bale at CM is 7 Chem but make him more attacking at CAM and he can only get 4 Chem
  • Runefang
    6045 posts Big Money Move
    Position change cards can still exist with that system but instead of it being LB > LWB it'll just be an LWB card and can only be applied to players who have a preferred position of LWB.
  • MattDaddy V1
    1603 posts Play-Off Hero
    @Reus Exactly, the only problem is how much money would this cost EA? I don't to implement but in lost revenue. We all know people may have spent a bit on packs looking for that ST Ronaldo. Also as I said before that's a lot of position cards to come out of packs. Every player (bar GK's obviously,) should have 3 preferred positions to choose from without being penalised.
  • Andy99TradeZ
    13760 posts Has That Special Something
    Wingers would be helped a lot with that - for the cam chem boost.
  • BackDaddy
    3259 posts National Call-Up
    Runefang wrote: »
    Position change cards can still exist with that system but instead of it being LB > LWB it'll just be an LWB card and can only be applied to players who have a preferred position of LWB.

    This would be the way to do it... Will result in alot of wingers playing central tho and will probably kill off the false 9 position
  • MattDaddy V1
    1603 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited May 2016
    Also it would make certain IF's more desirable. Think IF Martial with lw,lm & striker options or IF Eriksson (spurs lad, sorry for spelling) lm,lw,cam or cm. Which means more people buying packs therefore more money for EA.
    Sorry I meant would make LM IF Martial & LM IF Eriksson more desirable lol.
  • Uberman
    15729 posts World Class
    I would love this - Ea wont do it though as it would devalue position change special cards
  • Arachnid
    900 posts Semi-Pro
    Uberman656 wrote: »
    I would love this - Ea wont do it though as it would devalue position change special cards

    Pretty much.

    The positioning on FUT is too rigid though, I agree.
  • Cherriesfan
    1279 posts Professional
    playing with Phil Jones is punishment enough
  • Azof
    16445 posts World Class
    Removing position modifiers wouldn't float their boat because they would actually have to put players in the packs
  • MattDaddy V1
    1603 posts Play-Off Hero
    @Azof they could always bring back Morale cards! Oh wait, EA I didn't say that, please ignore this comment...oh god what have I done?!?!?
  • Azof
    16445 posts World Class
    @Azof they could always bring back Morale cards! Oh wait, EA I didn't say that, please ignore this comment...oh god what have I done?!?!?

    instead of morale cards they could bring back formation cards
  • MattDaddy V1
    1603 posts Play-Off Hero
    @Azof Oh god no, I had less success selling those 5-3-2 then I do lb 2 lwb. Man I forgot about formation cards, think I need a lie down
  • Azof
    16445 posts World Class
    @Azof Oh god no, I had less success selling those 5-3-2 then I do lb 2 lwb. Man I forgot about formation cards, think I need a lie down

    never too young for a position card flashback
  • BrentfordFC
    11665 posts Has That Special Something
    or just allow custom formations ? amount of people who actually use them on this game would just accommodate them all. but that would be too easy
  • BackDaddy
    3259 posts National Call-Up
    Azof wrote: »
    Removing position modifiers wouldn't float their boat because they would actually have to put players in the packs
    Runefang wrote: »
    Position change cards can still exist with that system but instead of it being LB > LWB it'll just be an LWB card and can only be applied to players who have a preferred position of LWB.

  • Azof
    16445 posts World Class
    BackDaddy wrote: »
    Azof wrote: »
    Removing position modifiers wouldn't float their boat because they would actually have to put players in the packs
    Runefang wrote: »
    Position change cards can still exist with that system but instead of it being LB > LWB it'll just be an LWB card and can only be applied to players who have a preferred position of LWB.

    DidntReadLolYellowShirt.gif~c200
  • Snipguy
    12983 posts Has That Special Something
    Reus wrote: »
    i have been saying you should be able to play players in their preferred positions for years

    surely it isnt that hard since they already have the preferred positions set up because of career mode and seasons
    "Open player bio, press A, scroll to the players preferred position of your liking"

    It's that easy.

    If EA doesn't want to get rid of the position change cards, then just make them so, that applying one would unlock that position forever. (Only the preferred positions could be applied)



  • Heppers
    3288 posts National Call-Up
    What about instead of the ability to just change a player's position, players could just be available in packs in different positions. E.g. there could be an 80% chance that when someone packs bale he is a RM but the other 20% of the time he could be a ST. Apologies if this has already been mentioned.
  • Whoman
    5306 posts Big Money Move
    Heppers wrote: »
    What about instead of the ability to just change a player's position, players could just be available in packs in different positions. E.g. there could be an 80% chance that when someone packs bale he is a RM but the other 20% of the time he could be a ST. Apologies if this has already been mentioned.

    Would make that 20% version of the top player way expensive again, not sure thats the solution.

    At the very least, the system needs to be more consistent. Just makes no sense that RM ---> CM is less of a chem hit than RW ---> CAM. And it also makes little sense to not have a card for CB/DM switching when this is one of the more common "dual-positionalities" IRL, especially nowadays.
  • Glass0nion
    3937 posts National Call-Up
    It should be like this for example.6a4c2c82802a3afc8d9e71fb2bd321f3.png
  • Glass0nion
    3937 posts National Call-Up
    005d367169d1490c929ded34cac0d2e2.png
    Or this
  • Hibee
    11864 posts Has That Special Something
    Glass0nion wrote: »
    005d367169d1490c929ded34cac0d2e2.png
    Or this

    That was my first thought as well, that the positions should be a bit like Football Manager where the players have a few set positions.
  • Glass0nion
    3937 posts National Call-Up
    Hibee wrote: »
    Glass0nion wrote: »
    005d367169d1490c929ded34cac0d2e2.png
    Or this

    That was my first thought as well, that the positions should be a bit like Football Manager where the players have a few set positions.

    I don't see why they wouldn't do it....seems like a no brainer.
  • bberger
    5163 posts Big Money Move
    They don't even have to allow you to switch positions. They could just release the players in packs on their preferred positions like they did for the 7 year celebration. Put out a Alaba LB card, an CB and a CDM card. Same for Lahm at CDM and RB or Ronaldo at ST and LW. The info is already on the players db..

    It wohld even have the nice side effect of making them more rare on either position.. so instead of having 30 pages of Alaba at LB we would have 10 pages of eaxh position.. would even help the market to balance out a little easier...

    I admit that I'm even one of those guys that would for example use Cavani as an LW or would like to use Podolski as LM or ST..
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    Add a 'secondary position' card.

    Can be used to switch to any alternate position that player has been in.

    Would conflict with current cards though; its actually more of an issue than we think. Could need a pretty big pack overhaul.
  • Runefang
    6045 posts Big Money Move
    coatsy2008 wrote: »
    Add a 'secondary position' card.

    Can be used to switch to any alternate position that player has been in.

    Would conflict with current cards though; its actually more of an issue than we think. Could need a pretty big pack overhaul.

    It'd be a smallish change.

    For example all CF>CAM and CM>CAM cards are replaced by CAM position change cards. Then instead of those old cards being applied only to CFs or CMs respectively the new cards can be applied to any card which has an alternate position of CAM.

    Ronaldo for example could be LW/LF/ST. He gets packed as LW since its his main position but the LF or ST position change card could be applied to him.

    All cards will have a single position on them which is used to calculate the chemistry.

    The only real question is where do you go to view what alternative positions are available for a card?
  • Brownie1524
    9172 posts League Winner
    It should be like this for sure. Make it preferred positions & limit the changes. So if a St plays St or wing then they're only able to be switched between St/Cf/L or R W or F. That's it. Would also eliminate the stupid "let me use op striker at CM" scenarios.
  • Koll
    1447 posts Professional
    edited May 2016
    Runefang wrote: »
    coatsy2008 wrote: »
    Add a 'secondary position' card.

    Can be used to switch to any alternate position that player has been in.

    Would conflict with current cards though; its actually more of an issue than we think. Could need a pretty big pack overhaul.

    It'd be a smallish change.

    For example all CF>CAM and CM>CAM cards are replaced by CAM position change cards. Then instead of those old cards being applied only to CFs or CMs respectively the new cards can be applied to any card which has an alternate position of CAM.

    Ronaldo for example could be LW/LF/ST. He gets packed as LW since its his main position but the LF or ST position change card could be applied to him.

    All cards will have a single position on them which is used to calculate the chemistry.

    The only real question is where do you go to view what alternative positions are available for a card?

    BwwmmgB.png

    Under fitness.
Sign In or Register to comment.