TIF Slimani breaking my heart :(

MonKeano
248 posts Sunday League Hero
I've had him for about 10 games now and he's just so bad :( I really want him to be good but he's just awful. Cant turn, dribble, shoot, nothing. Thinking of selling him nd buying a different one just incase mines broken because I want him to be amazing haha

Comments

• IvBican182
    585 posts Semi-Pro
    Formation ? Was top scorer for me 48 in 44
  • JGCramp
    1385 posts Professional
    Slimani got me 56 in 43, which is incredible for me because I'm not very good. He's really a true target man with amazing positioning. I can't say I dribble much with him, but he's deadly off of early crosses and I've found his finishing excellent when I thread a ball to him in the box. I use him in a 4-1-4-1.
  • The Humanoid Typhoon
    2941 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2016
    wrong thread
  • ChrisLFC
    7095 posts Big Money Move
    Team?
  • MonKeano
    IvBican182 wrote: »
    Formation ? Was top scorer for me 48 in 44

433. He has 11 in 11 but should have so much more and a few were penalties

• MonKeano
    ChrisLFC wrote: »
    Team?

2j6624i.jpg
  • MonKeano
    JGCramp wrote: »
    Slimani got me 56 in 43, which is incredible for me because I'm not very good. He's really a true target man with amazing positioning. I can't say I dribble much with him, but he's deadly off of early crosses and I've found his finishing excellent when I thread a ball to him in the box. I use him in a 4-1-4-1.

For me he's never in the right place to cross to him
  • Uncle Remus
    2020 posts Fans' Favourite
    You sound like Padme
  • MonKeano
    You sound like Padme

Who?
  • DonMega
    1256 posts Professional
    MonKeano wrote: »
    Team?

2j6624i.jpg

The issue is your wingers I think, Try using Gaitan. He is much better at picking out Slimani's dome for a power header.
  • MonKeano
    DonMega wrote: »
    Team?

2j6624i.jpg

The issue is your wingers I think, Try using Gaitan. He is much better at picking out Slimani's dome for a power header.

Tried Gaitan but his weak foot annoyed me so much
  • jordansky1111
    6945 posts Big Money Move
    I found him amazing in a 4231 (2).

Dont know what how crossing works in a 433 form.
  • IvBican182
    585 posts Semi-Pro
    It is a s**t team I must say ..your wingers are both m/m , wont make great runs for crosses .. carrillo on the right , on the left anyone with h/m,h/low .. I used 4231 (2) as he works best there ..just hold the ball with him and wait for wingers.. use driven passes on him
  • MonKeano
    It is a s**t team I must say ..your wingers are both m/m , wont make great runs for crosses .. carrillo on the right , on the left anyone with h/m,h/low .. I used 4231 (2) as he works best there ..just hold the ball with him and wait for wingers.. use driven passes on him

Well my team isn't **** though? Mahrez is one of the best players I've used, he has 15 in 11.
  • DonMega
    1256 posts Professional
    edited April 2016

Well my team isn't **** though? Mahrez is one of the best players I've used, he has 15 in 11.

For Slimani it is though. Otherwise it looks legit.

It's like using Messi at striker and trying to spam crosses and score headers, it just doesn't work that way.
  • IvBican182
    585 posts Semi-Pro

So what is your point here ? Your 15k player is making you 10/10 what do you want ? He is not the best passer , he cant do stuff on his own , he can just score in the box ..longshots are not good with him .. if you struggle to make a play the do what I told you .. if not then you shouldn't have made the thread
  • ChrisLFC
    7095 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 2016
    Team?

2j6624i.jpg

I found it easier subbing him into a better team then trying to get him 10 chem in a team I like. I don't like Portuguese league wingers at all.
  • MonKeano
    Team?

2j6624i.jpg

I found it easier subbing him into a better team then trying to get him 10 chem in a team I like. I don't like Portuguese league wingers at all.

I might just sub on a LW that I like
  • JGCramp
    1385 posts Professional

Yeah, I've had that problem to a degree with all of my big target strikers this year. For crossing I've found its best to look for him making a run in space when only covered by one defender on the counter attack; and you definitely have to cross early otherwise either (1) defenders clear everything or (2) overly aggressive keepers grab everything.
  • MonKeano

Yeah, I've had that problem to a degree with all of my big target strikers this year. For crossing I've found its best to look for him making a run in space when only covered by one defender on the counter attack; and you definitely have to cross early otherwise either (1) defenders clear everything or (2) overly aggressive keepers grab everything.

Yeah crossing early is the only option but I find that he takes to long to get to the box
  • djmikeygee
    172 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    haha