Soooooo it has happened AGAIN!!!

JakeskillzALot
1144 posts Professional
So yesterday I came on my new computer just to find out that FIFA 16 is not working again. I can get on the loading screen where it says FIFA 16 and the 3 white squares that indicate that it is loading, and then it crashes. My computer is more than capable to play such a game (list specs down below) and it doesn't work. I already reset my pc to factory new which worked last year on 4 occasions and it happened again. However this time it still doesn't work. I am currently trying to delete ALL FIFA 16 files from my computer and reinstalling it ATM. Should be finished within 30 minutes. I will update this thread if this works.

Brand: Aorus X5

CPU: i7-5770k

GPU: 2x GTX 965M

RAM: 32GB

Program: Windows 10

Comments

• CFCsjmishra
    9033 posts League Winner
    Windows 10
  • JakeskillzALot
    1144 posts Professional
    edited April 2016
    Windows 10

It has worked fine ever since I got widows 10
  • Denisianes
    8153 posts League Winner
    Laptop =/= computer. Laptop = toaster. Laptop = bad. Just reinstall and set the nvidia video card/s as default in the nvidia control panel. And yes, laptops suck for gaming.
  • JakeskillzALot
    1144 posts Professional
    Denisianes wrote: »
    Laptop =/= computer. Laptop = toaster. Laptop = bad. Just reinstall and set the nvidia video card/s as default in the nvidia control panel. And yes, laptops suck for gaming.

How do you set the video cards to default?
  • Denisianes
    8153 posts League Winner
    I mean when you open the nvidia control panel, select fifa 16 and set video card to high performance something. Will edit it in more detail when i go on my laptop.
  • jajce111
    2818 posts Fans' Favourite

Lol i have laptop and i can run any game on ultra without any problems.
  • jajce111
    Windows 10

It is windows 10. I had same problems with other games and programs on w10, when i got 7 back it all worked just fine.
  • vLaDz
    3184 posts National Call-Up
    fifa 16 exe - compatibility mode - w7, test.
  • JakeskillzALot
    1144 posts Professional
    jajce111 wrote: »
    Windows 10

It is windows 10. I had same problems with other games and programs on w10, when i got 7 back it all worked just fine.

How does one go back if they never had windows 7 or 8
  • jajce111
    Windows 10

How does one go back if they never had windows 7 or 8

You cant first you need to buy it.
  • ahmed060606
    655 posts Sunday League Hero
    Lol u can.downgrade is free
  • Denisianes
    8153 posts League Winner
    NVIDIA Control Panel (after right click on NVIDIA Settings tray icon) > Manage 3D settings > find fifa16.exe > Select High-performance NVIDIA processor and Apply. Not sure if it's the same with SLI, but most gaming problems where a game doesn't start or run properly are solved by doing this.
  • JakeskillzALot
    1144 posts Professional
    NVIDIA Control Panel (after right click on NVIDIA Settings tray icon) > Manage 3D settings > find fifa16.exe > Select High-performance NVIDIA processor and Apply. Not sure if it's the same with SLI, but most gaming problems where a game doesn't start or run properly are solved by doing this.

Where is the "Select High Performance NVIDIA Processor at on there. I don't see it if it is there. Is it called something else by any chance?
  • Denisianes
    8153 posts League Winner
    It's a drop down list under the second step - Select the preferred graphics processor for this program. The correct one should be the option in the middle.
  • jajce111
    Lol u can.downgrade is free

U cant lol if u never had w10.
  • jajce111

Not true this didnt help me and i have nvidia too.
  • Daddy
    5748 posts Big Money Move
    Highly doubt w10 is the issue, I have w10 so does @Antiversum I think, I have no issues whatsoever.
  • semia172
    2187 posts Fans' Favourite
    I've got win 10 too and no issues with it
  • Denisianes
    8153 posts League Winner

That's why i said most... and why would you need help if you can run EVERY game on ultra? :joy:
  • jajce111

That's why i said most... and why would you need help if you can run EVERY game on ultra? :joy:

When i had w10 i tried to run some games and there were just black screen and nothing happened or sometimes the game just didnt opened, when i got w7 back i installed some of those games back and they all worked fine.
  • Antiversum
    5885 posts Big Money Move
    Daddy wrote: »
    Highly doubt w10 is the issue, I have w10 so does @Antiversum I think, I have no issues whatsoever.

W10 is baaaaaaaaaaad because it runs perfectly finee!!!
  • JakeskillzALot
    1144 posts Professional
    It's a drop down list under the second step - Select the preferred graphics processor for this program. The correct one should be the option in the middle.

#1 I do not see the thing you keep recommending

#2 I played around with all the settings and made them maxed out in the 3D manager

#3 The game still does not work
  • JakeskillzALot
    1144 posts Professional
    OMG I was able to fix my issue. Thank god. I only needed to delete a file in the FIFA 16 folder to solve the issue.
  • disaaaa
    9240 posts League Winner
    just use windows 7, cold be the OS u never know, need to troubleshoot...try reinstalling fifa first i guess
  • Amargaladaster26
    10442 posts Has That Special Something
    Windows 10 here too, never had any problems.
  • AlbaGuBrath
    2435 posts Fans' Favourite
    Scared of upgrading to Win 10 for the exact reason. Don't wanna ❤️❤️❤️❤️ me games up.
  • Orison
    63801 posts Icon
    Scared of upgrading to Win 10 for the exact reason. Don't wanna ❤️❤️❤️❤️ me games up.

same