Relationship Discussion

Discuss relationship stories, problems, questions and users will provide the best feedback they can based on their thoughts and experiences.

1. Don't use real names
2. Be nice

Comments

• SwordsCPFC
    237 posts Sunday League Hero
    Got a bit of a long one, so if someone were to read it and help me out I'd really appreciate it :)

There's this girl I've liked for years, and she knows I do (well she knows I used to I'm not sure if she still knows).
    She's had a boyfriend for about the past year or so, but the other day I found out on her insta bio that she removed his name on it and stuff. Reckon it means anything?

Also, we used to be pretty close a year or two ago, not particularly anymore - we hardly talk anymore (probably because I stopped making the effort as she had a boyfriend).
    We don't have very much in common, she laughs at what I say and stuff and we're into similar music, does this mean it wouldn't work?
    Last bit, when I found out she removed her boyfriends name from her insta bio, I checked to see if she was still following him on it (she is), and when I was scrolling through her following list to find him (like a stalker lol) I saw she's following Chrissy Costanza and Against The Current, which I love. Any way to mention I'm into them? There's no way I can say something like "I saw you were following them on insta".

Cheers. :)
  • Premier-Sky
    2883 posts Fans' Favourite
    SwordsCPFC wrote: »
    Got a bit of a long one, so if someone were to read it and help me out I'd really appreciate it :)

There's this girl I've liked for years, and she knows I do (well she knows I used to I'm not sure if she still knows).
    She's had a boyfriend for about the past year or so, but the other day I found out on her insta bio that she removed his name on it and stuff. Reckon it means anything?

Also, we used to be pretty close a year or two ago, not particularly anymore - we hardly talk anymore (probably because I stopped making the effort as she had a boyfriend).
    We don't have very much in common, she laughs at what I say and stuff and we're into similar music, does this mean it wouldn't work?
    Last bit, when I found out she removed her boyfriends name from her insta bio, I checked to see if she was still following him on it (she is), and when I was scrolling through her following list to find him (like a stalker lol) I saw she's following Chrissy Costanza and Against The Current, which I love. Any way to mention I'm into them? There's no way I can say something like "I saw you were following them on insta".

There's no harm in trying your luck. Just go up to her and start speaking to her, it's always nice to have someone comforting you if you do experience a break up, and if she did break up with her bf, comfort her and give her some time to get over it before making your move
  • SwordsCPFC

There's no harm in trying your luck. Just go up to her and start speaking to her, it's always nice to have someone comforting you if you do experience a break up, and if she did break up with her bf, comfort her and give her some time to get over it before making your move

Thing is I don't have her number (I used to but she got a new one when she changed her phone), so I probably won't see her until after Easter break. After Easter break it'll be a quick exam period, then summer then I'll be off to uni so probably won't see her again :( Time's not really on my side here.
    Thanks for your reply btw :)
  • HRodMusic
    241 posts Sunday League Hero

I would just start talking to her again, random stuff then slide in the against the current, ask if she follows them on youtube and just small talk, be her friend because if she broke up she needs someone to talk to. When you feel its the right time ask her out for a cup of coffee or whatever you like. Just make sure you dont land on the friend zone.
  • Mr Cow
    4163 posts National Call-Up
    my wife hates it when I put on a chewbacca outfit how do I get her to understand my needs
  • SwordsCPFC
    HRodMusic wrote: »

I would just start talking to her again, random stuff then slide in the against the current, ask if she follows them on youtube and just small talk, be her friend because if she broke up she needs someone to talk to. When you feel its the right time ask her out for a cup of coffee or whatever you like. Just make sure you dont land on the friend zone.

That's probably the best way to go about it, thing is I think last time I was in the friend zone (not 100% sure, maybe if I asked her out she would've said yes), so I'm a bit sceptical on whether or not it's the best method :/
  • im a part of the furry fandom and my wife wont accept me
  • SwordsCPFC
    we need ninja eu back :(
  • IceIcePercy
    2551 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hi, I'm looking for a relationship, where can I buy one?
  • DarthGrowler
    17009 posts World Class
    When she don't text you back but is online on fb the whole time........that's the time to break out the power backhand to the chops!!!
  • angelfoxrage
    570 posts Sunday League Hero
    any tips on how to not bottle things?
  • Thatcher69
    334 posts Sunday League Hero

That's probably the best way to go about it, thing is I think last time I was in the friend zone (not 100% sure, maybe if I asked her out she would've said yes), so I'm a bit sceptical on whether or not it's the best method :/

Mate, if you're off to uni in a few months forget her. Even if you get anywhere now, you're both likely to be in different parts of the country for a few years, having the time of your lives and very likely forgetting any other half you might have back home.

If she's the girl for you, it'll happen one day... Trust to fate ;)
  • Maxi
    243 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Use cartons.

Fake being confident, and pretend she (I'm guessing) is just a random stranger.
  • This girl I've been chatting to for a couple of weeks, we've talked on and off for like 2 years. Recently while we've been talking I kinda had a crush on her, she had been flirting back as well. Then the past 2 days I've been busy revising etc, so I haven't been on my phone much, and she doesn't messsage me once? Why all the time do we (men) have to instigate conversation....smh :(
  • Demon
    1265 posts Professional
    edited April 2015
    JJack wrote: »
    This girl I've been chatting to for a couple of weeks, we've talked on and off for like 2 years. Recently while we've been talking I kinda had a crush on her, she had been flirting back as well. Then the past 2 days I've been busy revising etc, so I haven't been on my phone much, and she doesn't messsage me once? Why all the time do we (men) have to instigate conversation....smh :(

same boat, used to chat with this girl everyday, she doesn't message me anymore until i message her first. you always have to start the convo and keep it going sadly.

• SwordsCPFC
    Thatcher69 wrote: »

Mate, if you're off to uni in a few months forget her. Even if you get anywhere now, you're both likely to be in different parts of the country for a few years, having the time of your lives and very likely forgetting any other half you might have back home.

It sounds stupid trying to get a girlfriend now considering it'll have to be ended in a few months, but I've liked her and wanted to go out with her for years, it's not just a little crush or something.
    I can't just forget about her.
  • SwordsCPFC
    JJack wrote: »
    This girl I've been chatting to for a couple of weeks, we've talked on and off for like 2 years. Recently while we've been talking I kinda had a crush on her, she had been flirting back as well. Then the past 2 days I've been busy revising etc, so I haven't been on my phone much, and she doesn't messsage me once? Why all the time do we (men) have to instigate conversation....smh :(

Before the past couple of days were you the one who always started conversations?
  • Maxi
    243 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Thatcher69 wrote: »

It sounds stupid trying to get a girlfriend now considering it'll have to be ended in a few months, but I've liked her and wanted to go out with her for years, it's not just a little crush or something.
    I can't just forget about her.
    Wait for the right opportunity and try and make the most of it. You haven't got much to lose at this stage.

• De Bruyne
    118 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Ask @Jenko
  • Jenko
    13845 posts Has That Special Something
    edited April 2015

Keep a cool head, decide where you want to go before you try anything, commit to it and always follow up. Finally, never try to chip the keeper when he's on his line.
  • xJOE
    331 posts Sunday League Hero
    Jenko wrote: »
    Finally, never try to chip the keeper when he's on his line.

Golden rule, live by this and you're good to go.
  • AeB 18
    613 posts Sunday League Hero
    this thread again
  • why does no one luv meh
  • Ronaldo
    4127 posts National Call-Up
    How do I deal with this I just brokeup with my ex now she doesnt stop sending me
    memes and videos about love and such also pics of us together I honestly dont wanna be a ❤️❤️❤️❤️
    and block her number or anything but yeah...
  • Shaanxz
    22550 posts Club Captain
    Ronaldo wrote: »
    How do I deal with this I just brokeup with my ex now she doesnt stop sending me
    memes and videos about love and such also pics of us together I honestly dont wanna be a ❤️❤️❤️❤️

You get to tell her straight, basically tell her to (❤️❤️❤️❤️ off) or you can just block her number you're not doing anything wrong by doing that
  • Ronaldo wrote: »

maybe she wants to get back with u?
  • Ronaldo
    4127 posts National Call-Up

Thats the point she does
  • Shaanxz
    22550 posts Club Captain
    Do you want to get back together, what caused you to split up
  • Ronaldo wrote: »

Thats the point she does

do u want to get back with her?
  • I was talking to this girl but she's a thot and i dumped her