10 Year Engine?

FifaBoy2007
592 posts Sunday League Hero
edited April 2016
Am I right in thinking it was Fifa 06 they first brought in the new engine for Xbox 360 / PS3?

10 years later were still using that same engine on Xbox One / PS4!? No wonder this game is completely bamboozled :joy:
Post edited by FifaBoy2007 on

Comments

• Alex
    976 posts Moderator
    Engines get worked on and upgraded overtime.
  • FifaBoy2007
    592 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited April 2016
    Alex wrote: »

Upgraded? The only thing different about the PS3 and PS4 versions after 3 years is that its been upscaled to 1080p / 60pfs and also the pitch. Its the exact same engine with the exact same graphics and exact same problems.
  • SuPeRz
    876 posts Semi-Pro
    Alex wrote: »

Upgraded? The only thing different about the PS3 and PS4 versions after 3 years is that its been upscaled to 1080p / 60pfs and also the pitch. Its the exact same engine with the exact same graphics and exact same problems.

Same exact problems! YES!... That whole ignite engine was just marketing speak. It was not created from the ground up as touted. The same problems crossed over into this generation because it was a copy paste hack!

Still waiting on a next-gen engine...
  • CocoKof
    398 posts Sunday League Hero
    Haha! I only play Clubs but you notice something that happened in FIFA10 when it was first created that CPU AI tries to reach for the ball and there's a teammate in front of him but its cognitive reaction is to just bump into the other one rather than jump or do a 180 degree loop. But when it lands, hits the ball with its head or body and most of the time it deflects to( you) or the opponent if you are the opposing team! Not sure if this does happen in other modes, but I assume is the same intelligence for all CPU in game?!??