TV Series Thread

Comments

  • Dan13
    4642 posts National Call-Up
    Person of Interest is pretty, pretty good
  • Bean
    3830 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2017
    Season 2 put me off watching this season, didn't start bothering with season 3 till around when episode 5 or 6 came out and ended up binging it all.

    The prison twist was the best part from what I remember
  • Bean
    3830 posts National Call-Up
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Joberto wrote: »
    Bean wrote: »
    This season of Mr Robot is probably the best season of any show I can remember, these last couple of episodes have been fantastic.

    What did you think of Season 2? I was a little disappointed by certain parts of it in the end.

    Season 2 was way too pretentious for its own good and dragged things too unnecessarily. Season 3 feels like a return to form....The Mr Robot/Krista scene in particular was amazing.

    This also has to be the best intro yet:

    Have to agree with that cause Leon, but last episode's intro was well done also.
  • Boothy
    6919 posts Big Money Move
    Dan13 wrote: »
    Person of Interest is pretty, pretty good

    Ye was gutted when it didn't get renewed
  • Low Ki
    10944 posts Has That Special Something
    edited December 2017
    Boothy wrote: »
    Dan13 wrote: »
    Person of Interest is pretty, pretty good

    Ye was gutted when it didn't get renewed

    At least they were allowed to end the story properly, albeit rushed...that's a rarity with so many cancellation ending on crappy cliffhangers.

    Finale spoiler
    Reese's ending was a lot more brutal than I expected the way the Decima guys converged on him and gunned him point blank with assault rifles :lol:
  • Boothy
    6919 posts Big Money Move
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Boothy wrote: »
    Dan13 wrote: »
    Person of Interest is pretty, pretty good

    Ye was gutted when it didn't get renewed

    At least they were allowed to end the story properly, albeit rushed...that's a rarity with so many cancellation ending on crappy cliffhangers.

    Finale spoiler
    Reese's ending was a lot more brutal than I expected the way the Decima guys converged on him and gunned him point blank with assault rifles :lol:
    lol it was a bit excessive. I assume they wanted to make sure after the previous times he was shot and survived. It was a heroic and fitting death though. The pilot foreshadowed that there wouldn't be a happy ending and it stayed true.
  • Apollo
    7249 posts Big Money Move
    Boothy wrote: »
    Dan13 wrote: »
    Person of Interest is pretty, pretty good

    Ye was gutted when it didn't get renewed

  • Dan13
    4642 posts National Call-Up
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Boothy wrote: »
    Dan13 wrote: »
    Person of Interest is pretty, pretty good

    Ye was gutted when it didn't get renewed

    At least they were allowed to end the story properly, albeit rushed...that's a rarity with so many cancellation ending on crappy cliffhangers.

    Just watched it. Wrapped up the season and show perfectly. I think any extra seasons and this show would've jumped the shark.
    Was definitely hoping we'd find out Reese's and Finch's real names though
  • Boothy
    6919 posts Big Money Move
    Not sure why I waited so long to watch Strike Back, it's awesome.
  • Bean
    3830 posts National Call-Up
    Finale of Mr Robot was **** amazing
    The Barn/Price and Angela scene was so good, The Irving/Dom scene was very good also. Also that post credits scene adds even more questions.

    Wish Season 4 was around the corner already :weary:
  • Low Ki
    10944 posts Has That Special Something
    If season 4 is just Leon sitting and discussing sitcoms with Elliot I’d binge that in one day.
  • Manda1997
    1778 posts Play-Off Hero
    Started watching Vikings and holy crap what a show, can't stop watching it atm
  • CuteIsWhatIAim4
    8594 posts League Winner
    Just finished 13 reasons why. Even though I‘ve seen tons of sh*t being a police detective, the last episode with the graphic suicide was a punch in the guts.

    Watching American Crime Story now.
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    these two league of gentlemen specials have been class
  • SC1967
    9907 posts League Winner
    Ash wrote: »
    these two league of gentlemen specials have been class

    Are they more like seasons 1 and 2? Loved those two seasons but struggled to finish the first episode of season 3.
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    edited December 2017
    SC1967 wrote: »
    Ash wrote: »
    these two league of gentlemen specials have been class

    Are they more like seasons 1 and 2? Loved those two seasons but struggled to finish the first episode of season 3.

    Yeah they're much more like the first 2 seasons, shame you couldn't get into three cause there is some gold in that one, especially the Geoff episode & the Charlie episode is up there with me favourites from the series as a whole.
  • Dan13
    4642 posts National Call-Up
    Mad Men is an excellent show. Just finished season 1. Really not a big fan of Vincent Kartheiser though. Hopefully his performances get better as the series goes along
  • Chubbs
    14030 posts Has That Special Something
    Dan13 wrote: »
    Mad Men is an excellent show. Just finished season 1. Really not a big fan of Vincent Kartheiser though. Hopefully his performances get better as the series goes along

    Elisabeth Moss is the one I couldnt stand. Between her and Maggie Siff I had to turn the show off.
  • stickey
    14698 posts Has That Special Something
    loool just wait, Betty will get on you nerves
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    I quite liked peggy, betty is genuinely the worst character going
  • Ridikuluz
    7696 posts League Winner
    Dan13 wrote: »
    Mad Men is an excellent show. Just finished season 1. Really not a big fan of Vincent Kartheiser though. Hopefully his performances get better as the series goes along
    He’s the best character in the entire show.
  • Retro_G
    25102 posts Player of the Year
    Just finished watching season 3 of Peaky Blinders, it's brilliant. Had me on the edge of my seat, can't wait for season 4 on Netflix. Some great acting from Cillian Murphy, Paul Anderson, Helen McCroy, Sam Neil. One of the Best TV Series's on Netflix, for anyone who hasn't watched the series. Very gritty, violent though, not for everyone's eyes.
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    Inside No 9 is class
  • Neal
    2084 posts Fans' Favourite
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Just finished watching season 3 of Peaky Blinders, it's brilliant. Had me on the edge of my seat, can't wait for season 4 on Netflix. Some great acting from Cillian Murphy, Paul Anderson, Helen McCroy, Sam Neil. One of the Best TV Series's on Netflix, for anyone who hasn't watched the series. Very gritty, violent though, not for everyone's eyes.

    Season 4 just got added to Canadian netflix not long ago, it might be up where you are
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    season 4 should be on bbc iplayer @Retro_G
  • Retro_G
    25102 posts Player of the Year
    Ash wrote: »
    season 4 should be on bbc iplayer @Retro_G

    I'm waiting for Netflix because it plays in 4K HD, with a bit of luck season 4 will be in 4K Dolby Vision.
  • Retro_G
    25102 posts Player of the Year
    Neal wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Just finished watching season 3 of Peaky Blinders, it's brilliant. Had me on the edge of my seat, can't wait for season 4 on Netflix. Some great acting from Cillian Murphy, Paul Anderson, Helen McCroy, Sam Neil. One of the Best TV Series's on Netflix, for anyone who hasn't watched the series. Very gritty, violent though, not for everyone's eyes.

    Season 4 just got added to Canadian netflix not long ago, it might be up where you are

    Should be up soon mate, will wait.
  • Low Ki
    10944 posts Has That Special Something
    According to the description, the Untitled Sabrina Project imagines the origin and adventures of Sabrina the Teenage Witch as a dark coming-of-age story that traffics in horror, the occult and, of course, witchcraft. Tonally in the vein of Rosemary’s Baby and The Exorcist, this adaptation finds Sabrina wrestling to reconcile her dual nature — half-witch, half-mortal — while standing against the evil forces that threaten her, her family and the daylight world humans inhabit.

    Shipka will play Sabrina Spellman, an empowered young woman, half-human, half-witch, who is just beginning her dark education as a sorceress, even as she tries to maintain a normal life as a sophomore at Baxter High. Intelligent, compassionate and brave to the point of recklessness, Sabrina is all that stands between us and the forces of darkness that threaten our world.

    :lol:
  • Ryan
    9473 posts League Winner
    Will no doubt be mint, but won't be the same without MJH.

    Rather looking forward to Glenn Howerton's new show. Obviously won't be as good as Always Sunny, but if it's like The Mick I shall be happy.
  • Boothy
    6919 posts Big Money Move
    The Sinner on Netflix is a decent piece of TV
Sign In or Register to comment.