TV Series Thread

Comments

• Low Ki
    12435 posts Has That Special Something
    Fox found a way to ruin one of my favorite non-superhero comic book series: Turning Lucifer into Lucifer PI. Is there any show they won't turn into a police procedural?

The book was all about questioning free will, morality and the notion that the events of the series including eternity and damnation may or may not be part of predestination. Leading the reader to question just how much of the series is a result of cause and effect and how much has been predetermined to take place as it was written. It was a criminally underrated series that managed to give a portrayal of the devil that remained just as unrepentant and evil yet totally going against the usual religious depictions.

• Crazy Creaky Jr
    5775 posts Big Money Move
    Conor Afc wrote: »
    Don Draper >>>>>>> your favourite TV character.
    Gotta love Don, cant wait for last eps!

• Lard_Lad
    12757 posts Has That Special Something
    Just started watching Peaky Blinders, enjoying it so far

Anyone else watched it? what do you think to it?
  • Teh Zombz
    4538 posts National Call-Up
    Jesus ABC have some awful new shows coming up judging by the trailers. Wicked City interested me but it's a network show so it probably be lame
  • Crazy Creaky Jr
    Bloodline is pretty good. Enjoying it so far
  • SterlingArcher
    292 posts Sunday League Hero
    Can't only be me that thinks the action in the Supergirl teaser/trailer/whatever it is looks really cheap? Hopefully it will be good but that video didn't fill me with excitement.
  • Jatz
    2032 posts Fans' Favourite
    Can't only be me that thinks the action in the Supergirl teaser/trailer/whatever it is looks really cheap? Hopefully it will be good but that video didn't fill me with excitement.

I'm so excited to watch more Ugly Betty. That is what the trailer is advertising, right?

• Wardhiigley
    1974 posts Play-Off Hero
    Saw that too but that's from season 6 and things have moved on a little so it wouldn't make sense though, would it?
  • Daniel
    1755 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited May 2015
    Saw that too but that's from season 6 and things have moved on a little so it wouldn't make sense though, would it?
    Would feel like a wasted ending too, imo. I don't imagine more than 10% of their viewership have even heard of D.B. Cooper (I hadn't before reading that theory). I much prefer the idea that they'll mirror the opening title sequence: a man in a suit (Don) falling from a skyscraper.
  • Chubbs
    14571 posts Has That Special Something
    So game of thrones is an absolute snoozefest so far this season,
    maybe episode 6 something will finally happen. I know its not much of a spoiler at all but some people get angry sooooo
  • Conor Afc
    388 posts Sunday League Hero
    Daniel wrote: »
    Would feel like a wasted ending too, imo. I don't imagine more than 10% of their viewership have even heard of D.B. Cooper (I hadn't before reading that theory). I much prefer the idea that they'll mirror the opening title sequence: a man in a suit (Don) falling from a skyscraper.
    I dunno, the fact that Don is heading west, coupled with the constant references to aeroplanes, makes me think that its still a good possibility. Then again, its hard to see why he'd hijack a plane for a ransom when he's already a millionaire...

• Bock McClock
    1360 posts Professional
    Arrow season 3 was not very good. If it was the series finale, it probably would have been passable, but not a good season finale. Not to mention it looks like Legends of Tomorrow erases a lot of what happened. Though, from the LoT trailer it looks really good and probably as close to a JLA we're going to get on TV.
  • Low Ki
    Arrow season 3 was not very good. If it was the series finale, it probably would have been passable, but not a good season finale. Not to mention it looks like Legends of Tomorrow erases a lot of what happened. Though, from the LoT trailer it looks really good and probably as close to a JLA we're going to get on TV.

LoT stars Rip Hunter so it's a given time travel figures into it. That's how I think it'll bring back Caity Lotz. From the season 3 finale I figure that's how Ray Palmer gets shrinking powers.

Then there's Oliver's
    deal with Merlyn. Nice job hero, you gave a mass murderer a fanatical death cult so he can carry more undertakings!
  • Teh Zombz
  • Warrior
    1782 posts Moderator
    The finale was OK for Arrow but don't understand these plot holes..
    How did Felicity ride the Atom suit so good? :/ That was annoying. Apart from that Malcolm being the next Demons Head was kind of expected, he is a great actor
  • SterlingArcher
    292 posts Sunday League Hero
    Warrior wrote: »
    The finale was OK for Arrow but don't understand these plot holes..
    How did Felicity ride the Atom suit so good? :/ That was annoying. Apart from that Malcolm being the next Demons Head was kind of expected, he is a great actor
    I'm pretty sure that was because of the autopilot on the suit? Otherwise I'd completely agree. Definitely the weakest season and season finale so far, I love Arrow so hope it picks up again next season.
  • Just finished Vikings. Didn't expect to like it as much as I did. One of the better shows to watch imo.

The first season in particular, kept reminding me of SoA.
  • Niall
    2351 posts Fans' Favourite
  • SC1967
    10739 posts Has That Special Something
    Halfway through season 2 of The Shield. It's excellent.
  • Low Ki
    SC1967 wrote: »
    Halfway through season 2 of The Shield. It's excellent.

B)

The Money Train will be the defining storyline for the entire series.
  • Teh Zombz
    Sense8 looks good, Netflix coming out with some great stuff lately
  • Spleen93
    35 posts
    edited May 2015

This kind of slipped under my radar. Bradley Cooper guest starring and exec producing. I'm intrigued.

(No clue how to embed a youtube video on the new forums :neutral: ) nvm you just post the link. That's quite handy.
  • Warrior
    1782 posts Moderator
    Does anyone reccomend watching Empire? Thinking of watching it soon but not too sure what to expect. Any advice?
  • Niall
    2351 posts Fans' Favourite
    Finished season 3 of House of Cards. Really picked up at the end.
  • Crazy Creaky Jr
    The Blacklist isnt really what I expected. Not my style
  • Warrior
    1782 posts Moderator
    Warrior wrote: »
    Does anyone reccomend watching Empire? Thinking of watching it soon but not too sure what to expect. Any advice?

Anyone? ^
  • Strange finale episode of Mad Men.
  • Wardhiigley
    1974 posts Play-Off Hero
    Spleen93 wrote: »
    Strange finale episode of Mad Men.

I thought the very end was excellent, great way to finish. Wasn't overly impressed by the rest of the episode.

@Daniel @Conor Afc what did you guys think about it?