The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

TV Series Thread

Comments

• Stocker16
    77 posts Park Captain
    nineteeeen wrote: »
    Guys, I would like to start watching a new series but I´m not sure which one..

so far I´ve seen the following:
    Dexter
    GoT
    Hannibal
    Prison Break
    House of Cards
    Breaking Bad
    Better Call Saul
    The Walking Dead

can you recommend me one? (any other than Gotham, True Detective, and all those Superhero series ^^)

cheers

Boardwalk Empire is a great show
  • Spleen93
    35 posts
    edited May 2015
    Arrow, The Flash and Agents of Shield all gearing up for big finales.

Sad that The Americans series finished, wasn't even aware. It kind of ended weirdly.

Madmen is different to pretty much every show. It's completely unique. I think it will end with the title sequence (someone jumping from the building)

Also, New Girl :open_mouth:
  • kinosti
    64 posts Park Captain
    What do you guys think of Daredevil? I'm tempted to watch it but I want your opinion.
  • SC1967
    10739 posts Has That Special Something
    kinosti wrote: »
    What do you guys think of Daredevil? I'm tempted to watch it but I want your opinion.

Watch it, it's fantastic. Nothing like the other superhero shows, it's a lot more grounded and much, much more violent.

Absolutely loved it.

• SC1967
    Close to giving up on Arrow, season 3 has just been a mess. It's a teen drama with some action thrown in now, the main villain(s) has nothing on Deathstroke. I'm gutted really. Loved season 1 and season 2 was even better.
  • Low Ki
    12097 posts Has That Special Something
    kinosti wrote: »

When I finished it I said the best way I can think to compare its quality is at a high-tier HBO drama. Very brutal but very good.

And for all it being grounded, gritty and violent we still got a Stilt-Man cameo!
  • Low Ki
    SC1967 wrote: »
    Close to giving up on Arrow, season 3 has just been a mess. It's a teen drama with some action thrown in now, the main villain(s) has nothing on Deathstroke. I'm gutted really. Loved season 1 and season 2 was even better.

It's hilarious that they took a definitive Batman story and just threw the Arrow cast into it.
  • SC1967
    Low Ki wrote: »

It's hilarious that they took a definitive Batman story and just threw the Arrow cast into it.

I know haha!

One of my biggest problems is that I don't like most of the main cast. Laurel is a pain in the arse, Roy has never done anything for me, Felicity used to be interesting but now she's just going from guy to guy and greeting. Never liked Sara, just hated the actress. Far too many sidekicks.

• Low Ki

I know haha!

One of my biggest problems is that I don't like most of the main cast. Laurel is a pain in the arse, Roy has never done anything for me, Felicity used to be interesting but now she's just going from guy to guy and greeting. Never liked Sara, just hated the actress. Far too many sidekicks.

Can't wait till next season when Bane breaks his back on his debut and the whole season is a rehab after a redeemed Merlyn goes kill crazy again and needs to be stopped.

Still can't get over how Merlyn isn't being hunted by anyone anymore...he isn't even reformed, he just isn't mass murdering anybody yet. He's basically a unrepentant super villain who's given a place to stay by the hero.
  • SC1967

I know haha!

Can't wait till next season when Bane breaks his back on his debut and the whole season is a rehab after a redeemed Merlyn goes kill crazy again and needs to be stopped.

Still can't get over how Merlyn isn't being hunted by anyone anymore...he isn't even reformed, he just isn't mass murdering anybody yet. He's basically a unrepentant super villain who's given a place to stay by the hero.

To be honest, I'd love to see Bane come in and wreck some fools.

It's just stupid, he was the villain of season 1 and hasn't exactly done much good since. In saying that, I like John Barrowman.
  • Warrior
    1776 posts Moderator

I know haha!

It's just stupid, he was the villain of season 1 and hasn't exactly done much good since. In saying that, I like John Barrowman.

It gets better with the League of Assassins, and the number of sidekicks decrease (You'll like that)
  • Low Ki
    Warrior wrote: »

I know haha!

It gets better with the League of Assassins, and the number of sidekicks decrease (You'll like that)

It really didn't. Especially when even Felicity got into beating them down.
  • Low Ki
    zEl2sFl.jpg
  • Niall
    2351 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited May 2015
    I haven't liked the 3rd season of House of Cards so far, only 5 episodes through though.
    Just realised how stupid that looked.
  • Salty P3anut
    9550 posts League Winner
    Niall wrote: »
    I haven't liked the 3rd season of House of Cards so far, only 5 episodes halfway through though.

probably the worst of the 3 season in my opinion
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1426 posts Professional
    Is it possible to lose the ability to binge watch shows? 6 months ago i could watch hour after hour of tv shows in a row but now i struggle to get past two episodes. I'm moving house and the internet wont be connected for a week so i need some shows to watch and i would like to know how i can binge watch them even though that probably sound stupid:P

What are the best series to binge watch?
  • SnipeZillah
    718 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited May 2015
    Is it possible to lose the ability to binge watch shows? 6 months ago i could watch hour after hour of tv shows in a row but now i struggle to get past two episodes. I'm moving house and the internet wont be connected for a week so i need some shows to watch and i would like to know how i can binge watch them even though that probably sound stupid:P

I only like binge watching shows that are relatively new or have under 3 seasons
    Other wise I get bored, for example I still have to watch the wire but I always put it off
    While on my semester break I've been watching community and can usually find time to watch at least 3 during the day and maybe a couple while going to bed

The only shows I've harsh binge watched was Suits, Da Vinci's Demons and spartacus
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1426 posts Professional
    I dont know if Arrow has just got bad but i watched the first season in a few days but in season 3 ive watched 1 episode every month and struggle to get into it. I dont know whats happened :sweat:
  • Teh Zombz
    4212 posts National Call-Up
    Yeah S3 of arrow is such a mess
  • SC1967
    I dont know if Arrow has just got bad but i watched the first season in a few days but in season 3 ive watched 1 episode every month and struggle to get into it. I dont know whats happened :sweat:

It's got really bad.
  • Low Ki
    Every week the League of Assassins looks more and more like the League of Losers save for 3 or 4 guys.

Laurel, who couldn't even handle one random street mugger last week is fighting off hordes of League assassins..... they've gone from a faceless powerful army to a team on par with the Putty Patrol from the old Power Rangers:
    tumblr_mzz7tdpmeU1r0j0yso1_400.gif

• Bean
    3830 posts National Call-Up
    Jorah's luck just keeps getting worse, poor guy.
  • SnipeZillah
    718 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Bean wrote: »
    Jorah's luck just keeps getting worse, poor guy.
    He brought it upon himself
  • Teh Zombz
    4212 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 2015
    Every week the League of Assassins looks more and more like the League of Losers save for 3 or 4 guys.

Laurel, who couldn't even handle one random street mugger last week is fighting off hordes of League assassins..... they've gone from a faceless powerful army to a team on par with the Putty Patrol from the old Power Rangers:
    tumblr_mzz7tdpmeU1r0j0yso1_400.gif

And Diggle blocking swords with his gun :joy:

The only thing I enjoy about arrow these days is Ray and his suit, looking forward to Legends Of Tomorrow
  • Ryan
    9477 posts League Winner

Sabrina the Teenage Witch is certainly the best show to binge watch imo.

• dannyboy
    12874 posts Has That Special Something
    Ryan wrote: »

Agreed. Finished it in about one week.
  • Ryan
    9477 posts League Winner
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Ryan wrote: »

Agreed. Finished it in about one week.

Going to watch it again. Shall make it a yearly tradition along with Lizzie McGuire, just not sure which to start with, probably will go with Lizzie McGuire.
  • Crazy Creaky Jr
    3560 posts National Call-Up
    eps 13 mad men up :)
  • Swylie96
    274 posts Sunday League Hero
    Anyone watched "The Blacklist"?
    Just started watching it today and so far its been pretty good
  • Conor Afc
    388 posts Sunday League Hero
    Don Draper >>>>>>> your favourite TV character.