TV Series Thread

Comments

  • stickey
    14698 posts Has That Special Something
    Just finished S01 of Workaholics, does it ever evolve from the Seth Rogen 'haha we're so cool using drugs and ****' comedy? Might as well stop if it doesn't.
  • Niall
    2351 posts Fans' Favourite
    stickey wrote: »
    Just finished S01 of Workaholics, does it ever evolve from the Seth Rogen 'haha we're so cool using drugs and ****' comedy? Might as well stop if it doesn't.
    Nah it's pretty ****, I wouldn't continue.
  • Low Ki
    11306 posts Has That Special Something
    Daredevil, starring Boardwalk Empire alum Charlie Cox, was the first of five Marvel series to debut on the streaming service. The series will return in 2016 — with new showrunners Doug Petrie (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and Marco Ramirez (Sons of Anarchy), who will take over for Steven DeKnight. (DeKnight took over for initial showrunner Drew Goddard, who exited to focus on Marvel features.)


    **** yes! Was worried we'd have to wait till after 'The Defenders'. Sucks that DeKnight has prior commitments though.
  • Teh Zombz
    3530 posts National Call-Up
    Didn't think we'd get a renewal so early, great news though
  • Salty P3anut
    8202 posts League Winner
    5 episodes into daredevil, really enjoying it so far
  • Bean
    3830 posts National Call-Up
    Started watching Arrow, about 7 episodes in and I'm really starting to like it now. Hope it continues to get better.

    So happy I finally decided to get Netflix, didn't realise how good it was.
  • SnipeZillah
    718 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Bean wrote: »
    Started watching Arrow, about 7 episodes in and I'm really starting to like it now. Hope it continues to get better.

    So happy I finally decided to get Netflix, didn't realise how good it was.
    It does get better, I think most people who have watched it think that
  • Vivi
    51 posts Park Captain
    Bean wrote: »
    Started watching Arrow, about 7 episodes in and I'm really starting to like it now. Hope it continues to get better.

    So happy I finally decided to get Netflix, didn't realise how good it was.
    The first 10 episodes or so are somewhat weak but it really picks up when Manu Bennett becomes a regular. The second season is great. The third season has been a step down from season 2's quality but things definitely seem to be improving in the last few episodes.
  • Bean
    3830 posts National Call-Up
    Vivi wrote: »
    Bean wrote: »
    Started watching Arrow, about 7 episodes in and I'm really starting to like it now. Hope it continues to get better.

    So happy I finally decided to get Netflix, didn't realise how good it was.
    The first 10 episodes or so are somewhat weak but it really picks up when Manu Bennett becomes a regular. The second season is great. The third season has been a step down from season 2's quality but things definitely seem to be improving in the last few episodes.

    Looking forward to seeing Manu in it, haven't got to that part yet but I loved him in Spartacus. That's also good news, cheers guys.

    Probably going to start Flash and Daredevil afterwards, might as well.

  • Joberto
    988 posts Semi-Pro
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Bob wrote: »
    Daredevil is way more gruesome than I expected

    Betting you saw the car door?
    Yeah I did, that always makes me cringe, the bowling ball murder scene did too
  • Bean wrote: »
    Vivi wrote: »
    Bean wrote: »
    Started watching Arrow, about 7 episodes in and I'm really starting to like it now. Hope it continues to get better.

    So happy I finally decided to get Netflix, didn't realise how good it was.
    The first 10 episodes or so are somewhat weak but it really picks up when Manu Bennett becomes a regular. The second season is great. The third season has been a step down from season 2's quality but things definitely seem to be improving in the last few episodes.

    Looking forward to seeing Manu in it, haven't got to that part yet but I loved him in Spartacus. That's also good news, cheers guys.

    Probably going to start Flash and Daredevil afterwards, might as well.

    S03 of Arrow and S01 of The Flash kind of intertwine with some episodes. I watched them as they came out, so they linked up. Not sure how that will affect the viewing pleasure. Probably not too much. Just a heads up.
  • Low Ki
    11306 posts Has That Special Something
    Bean wrote: »
    Started watching Arrow, about 7 episodes in and I'm really starting to like it now. Hope it continues to get better.

    So happy I finally decided to get Netflix, didn't realise how good it was.
    It does get better, I think most people who have watched it think that

    Seasons 1 and 2 started off slow and ramped up towards the end. It seemed like they had a plan then but this one seems a lot more on the fly as they try to figure out how to expand their franchise to other shows.

    This season is just a mess that keeps becoming an even bigger mess that they're trying to patch over with excessive tie-ins. I thought
    Deathstroke's logic for wanting revenge
    was the worst the story got but season 3 seems like it's trying to outdo that week after week.
  • Vivi
    51 posts Park Captain
    edited April 2015
    Low Ki wrote: »
    I thought
    Deathstroke's logic for wanting revenge
    was the worst the story got
    NFOkG38.gif

    My problem with the show is
    the love triangles (mainly Ray x Oliver x Felicity). She has become unbearable, every time she's on screen it involves her crying. I'm sure in season 3 there have been at least 20 scenes of her and Oliver alone saying something along the lines of "I wish I could be with you but I have to protect the city, I can't do that and get laid simultaneously." She needs to be killed off or forced into the Atom spinoff for the sake of the show.

    The flashbacks are getting a bit ridiculous too. They were great at first but the whole Shanghai thing just feels like bad filler and the time could be spent better elsewhere. Don't even get me started on Oliver randomly running into Shadow's "twin" ffs.
    However even with all the faults it has, I still enjoy Arrow quite a bit.

  • Low Ki
    11306 posts Has That Special Something
    Love triangles are something everyone has to endure with every CW show. They think every show needs at least 5 at the same time and they have to be just as prominent as the shows other storylines.
  • SnipeZillah
    718 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The love triangle thing is so damn true
    Flash, the 100, arrow, and the tomorrow people all had a love triangle :lol:
  • Chubbs
    14178 posts Has That Special Something
    Havent watched any of the "superhero" shows of late but i just brings back the nostalgia and love I had for the early to mid seasons of Smallville. Anyone else watch it?
  • dannyboy
    12751 posts Has That Special Something
    I used to. The last few seasons aren't very good.
  • Blarix
    20804 posts Club Captain
    Vivi wrote: »
    Low Ki wrote: »
    I thought
    Deathstroke's logic for wanting revenge
    was the worst the story got
    NFOkG38.gif

    My problem with the show is
    the love triangles (mainly Ray x Oliver x Felicity). She has become unbearable, every time she's on screen it involves her crying. I'm sure in season 3 there have been at least 20 scenes of her and Oliver alone saying something along the lines of "I wish I could be with you but I have to protect the city, I can't do that and get laid simultaneously." She needs to be killed off or forced into the Atom spinoff for the sake of the show.

    The flashbacks are getting a bit ridiculous too. They were great at first but the whole Shanghai thing just feels like bad filler and the time could be spent better elsewhere. Don't even get me started on Oliver randomly running into Shadow's "twin" ffs.
    However even with all the faults it has, I still enjoy Arrow quite a bit.
    I absolutely agree about how they ruined Felicity in S3. She used to be witty and adorable and now all she does is whinge constantly. I think it would be better to take her out for few episodes. She was pretty terrific on Flash.

    I have given up after episode 13 . This season just drags after it started so bloody well.
  • Blarix
    20804 posts Club Captain
    The love triangle thing is so damn true
    Flash, the 100, arrow, and the tomorrow people all had a love triangle :lol:

    I can't believe I've watched all of those shows.

    The 100 is so under rated. So so under rated. First season was fantastic.
  • Kieran
    569 posts Sunday League Hero
    I wish Vikings wouldn't toy with my emotions
  • Chow
    2525 posts Fans' Favourite
    Just finished House of Cards Season 3...can't wait for Season 4 already.
  • Vivi
    51 posts Park Captain
    Man, that scene with Lord Friendzone and the Daenerys lookalike. :D
  • Bean
    3830 posts National Call-Up
    Just finished Season 1 of Arrow, those last two episodes were amazing.
    Poor Tommy, really liked his character but I knew either he or Quentin was gonna die in that finale. Oliver was a right **** to him too sometimes, gives him advice with Laurel and then sleeps with her the same day? At least he went out a hero :(
  • Joberto
    988 posts Semi-Pro
    Watch Daredevil
  • Bean
    3830 posts National Call-Up
    Not until I've caught up with Arrow, plus I wanna watch Parks and Rec too. If it's crap I'll watch Daredevil instead.
  • Joberto
    988 posts Semi-Pro
    You've got to stick with Parks and Rec, I found it boring until Ben/Chris joined
  • IceIcePercy
    2551 posts Fans' Favourite
    Just been watching Gotham on Channel 5, seems quite good
  • gracjan17
    162 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Daredevil is actually quite good, not as good as Flash or Arrow but something similar to Gotham I'd say in terms of quality.
  • SnipeZillah
    718 posts An Exciting Prospect
    gracjan17 wrote: »
    Daredevil is actually quite good, not as good as Flash or Arrow but something similar to Gotham I'd say in terms of quality.

    I'd put it above all three.
    Like the others just as much as one another but Daredevil is the best imo
Sign In or Register to comment.