TV Series Thread

Comments

• Teh Zombz
    3531 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2015
    Just finished Daredevil, **** awesome tbh.
    The fight scene between DD & Kingpin was as good as anticipated, I wish Ben Urich didn't die though, he was a great character.

Hope we get a season 2
  • Carswell
    7869 posts League Winner
    Carswell wrote: »
    Teh Zombz wrote: »
    Agreed ^
    Vikings is a great show. I wish it was on Starz or HBO though

I agree. Also agree that Ragnar is one of the best on TV. The show is brilliant. Rollo has to be my favorite though haha. Now I have someone else to talk about the show with!
    Don't like rollo after what happened way back with him and ragnar but he is still quite awesome

Yeah I hated him for that but he has redeemed hisself in my eyes. Pretty sure he and the French princess have something in the future, if the show sticks to the real life history.

What do you think of Kalf? Didn't expect him to be a long term character but it looks like he will be. Also did King Horik's son get killed in the attack?

• RollsReus
    1396 posts Professional
    I've just started watching GOT (I know, I know...). Currently on season two. I'll put in spoilers what episode I've just finished just in case.
    The shadow child thing has killed Stannis' brother

Getting quite into it. Everyone wants dat dere throne yer.
  • Chubbs
    14179 posts Has That Special Something
    khaldrogo wrote: »
    Can't believe I've only just started arrested development, Gob is so funny haha

gob-car-danc.gif

• SnipeZillah
    718 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Agreed ^
    Vikings is a great show. I wish it was on Starz or HBO though

I agree. Also agree that Ragnar is one of the best on TV. The show is brilliant. Rollo has to be my favorite though haha. Now I have someone else to talk about the show with!
    Don't like rollo after what happened way back with him and ragnar but he is still quite awesome

Yeah I hated him for that but he has redeemed hisself in my eyes. Pretty sure he and the French princess have something in the future, if the show sticks to the real life history.

What do you think of Kalf? Didn't expect him to be a long term character but it looks like he will be. Also did King Horik's son get killed in the attack?
    Something big will happen even that weirdo predicted it
    Don't really like the kalf but after last episode idk
    Injured I believe
  • Low Ki
    11313 posts Has That Special Something
    Just finished Daredevil, **** awesome tbh.
    The fight scene between DD & Kingpin was as good as anticipated, I wish Ben Urich didn't die though, he was a great character.

Hope we get a season 2

We will but probably not before 2017 as it'll follow the ensemble Defender series (the Daredevil, aka Jessica Jones and Heroes for Hire). Which BTW seeing how far they took this show with pushing the edge I'm wondering if they'll go all the way with aka Jessica Jones now. Purple Man was a special kind of **** up in the Alias comic. He was evil.
  • Low Ki
    Just finished Daredevil and I Loved it.

Action was very well done. Pretty brutal at times and I did not expect it to be as bloody and gory as it got at times..I mean we see brains and bone crushed on screen as well as headshots, stabbings and dismemberment with pretty significant blood.

Character relationships felt very natural whether it was Foggy, Karen and Matt or Fisk, Vanessa and Wesley. Also a unique take on the love story of the series. As a main Cox was a great Matt Murdock and clicked very well with everyone he shared the screen with.

Vincent D'Onofrio was just outstanding though. Portrayed so many facets across the entire movie but always gravitated back to who he was at the core: the fat lonely kid. Easily the star of the series.

Only complaint I had were that sometimes night scenes were way too dark to make stuff out and it seemed intentional. Made it very hard to make stuff up...or maybe that was part of highlighting a blind man going through this world?

The final red costume was decent at well. Looks very practical but sure isn't comics accurate. Looks more like a retooled leftover cinematic Cap costume, especially the helmet...but it does look durable and mobile enough to have cred. Decent foreshadowing on the inclusion of the horns and devil gimmick as well.

Also regarding tie-ins for the future Netflix shows they really crammed in a lot of
    Iron Fist
    lore.

Basically:
    Madame Gao is clearly from K'un-L'un...I'm 100% positive of that much. She is from somewhere "much farther than China"... and had her people distributing heroin with the Steel Serpent logo on it and the Steel Serpent is the main antagonist in that series. I think she is definitely a setup for K'un-L'un and the Iron Fist series. Also the guy Stick was talking to asked "will he be ready when the doors open?" Doors to what? Best thing I can think of it the doors to K'un-L'un.
  • Teh Zombz
    You can watch the first 3 episodes of season 5 online btw(GOT.) Idk if they have been leaked or what
  • Chubbs
    14179 posts Has That Special Something
    You can watch the first 3 episodes of season 5 online btw(GOT.) Idk if they have been leaked or what

Just saw that, the site I use has the first 4!!!!! See yall later
  • Cristiano_Ronaldo
    1155 posts Professional
    yes the first 4 episodes have been leaked
  • Teh Zombz
    edited April 2015
    EDIT: nvm - wrong thread

• Manda1997
    1778 posts Play-Off Hero
    word has it that the first 6 episodes are being leaked online
  • Skeeno
    79 posts Park Captain
    First 4 are up for download. 5 and 6 are not online so no word from me.

The files are 720x392.
  • Cleveland
    2639 posts Fans' Favourite
    Damn. I love the week to week build up if you will and the quality is meh so I think I'll pass on these GOT eps. So tempting :s
  • Manda1997
    1778 posts Play-Off Hero
    episode 3 is hella crazy
    can't find 5 and 6 though
  • Low Ki
    Skeeno wrote: »
    First 4 are up for download. 5 and 6 are not online so no word from me.

The files are 720x392.

Only screener copies of the first 4 were leaked.
  • Teh Zombz
    edited April 2015
    Manda1997 wrote: »
    episode 3 is hella crazy
    can't find 5 and 6 though

5 & 6 not released
  • Stannis Baratheon
    1417 posts Professional
    Let's hope the whole season gets leaked, the show fails to make any money and HBO decides to cancel it.
  • Bean
    3830 posts National Call-Up
    Well this is annoying, I still am going to watch an episode each week but spoilers are going to be everywhere. It'll most likely be spoiled for me before the first four weeks are over.
  • khaldrogo
    2200 posts Fans' Favourite
    What's the quality of the leaked episodes? I'm not expecting 1080p but if it's good enough to avoid spoilers yes please.
  • khaldrogo
    Chubbs wrote: »
    Can't believe I've only just started arrested development, Gob is so funny haha

gob-car-danc.gif

:joy:
  • Teh Zombz
    What's the quality of the leaked episodes? I'm not expecting 1080p but if it's good enough to avoid spoilers yes please.

Definitely good enough to watch
  • khaldrogo

Definitely good enough to watch
    ohh goody, I don't suppose these leaks'll be released regularly or will we have to wait a month for episode 5?

• Caius
    584 posts Sunday League Hero
    I heard 480p, reason I haven't downloaded them.
  • SC1967
    10313 posts Has That Special Something
    Why watch all 4 then wait another month for the next episode? Just seems pointless.
  • Dawud
    15660 posts World Class
    SC1967 wrote: »
    Why watch all 4 then wait another month for the next episode? Just seems pointless.

Why would you wait a month when you can watch them all in one go...?
  • I'll need to wait one month on a pretty big cliffhanger, watch at your own peril
  • SC1967
    10313 posts Has That Special Something
    Dawud wrote: »

You're not watching the full series, you're watching 4 episodes then waiting a month until episode 5 airs. After waiting almost a full year to see series 5, it just seems silly to watch 4 in the one go and wait again.

• khaldrogo
    Caius wrote: »
    I heard 480p, reason I haven't downloaded them.

Not the worse
    Dawud wrote: »

You're not watching the full series, you're watching 4 episodes then waiting a month until episode 5 airs. After waiting almost a full year to see series 5, it just seems silly to watch 4 in the one go and wait again.
    My thoughts exactly
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    Let's hope the whole season gets leaked, the show fails to make any money and HBO decides to cancel it.
    I admire your optimism.