TV Series Thread

Comments

• Tamerlane
    5281 posts Big Money Move
    Vince Vaughn is one of my favourite actors, can't wait to see this.
  • Stannis Baratheon
    1417 posts Professional
    Tamerlane wrote: »

My favourite role of his was that one time when he played a fast-talking womanizer.
  • Ryan
    9475 posts League Winner
    Willing to give Vaughn a chance, but the only serious part I can remember seeing him play was Norman Bates in the Psycho remake, which was just horrible.
  • khaldrogo
    2200 posts Fans' Favourite
    Niall wrote: »
    Started watching House of Cards yesterday. I really like Kevin Spacey so I should be able to binge watch it quite quickly.
    Finished it yesterday, one of my favourite shows. The character development is crazy!
  • MemphisDepay
    6020 posts Big Money Move
    Currently watching Dexter (just started with Season 5).

Anyone watched Prison Break? Really enjoyed that series
  • khaldrogo
    Currently watching Dexter (just started with Season 5).

Anyone watched Prison Break? Really enjoyed that series

Watched them both, Dexter is my all time favourite show, just in front of GoT, and even though the ending wasn't the best the characters through out are just 10/10.

And prison break is great, a little repetitive tho, but Scofield makes up for that with his cool schemes
  • khaldrogo
    SC1967 wrote: »
    Can't wait for True Detective, the first season was phenomenal. Probably the best season of TV I've seen.

I love the cast, Vaughn suits the role of a villain perfectly. And Farrell is a solid actor.
    Me too, love how True Detective is getting these A-Listers, the show itself is quite reminiscent to Fargo for some reason
  • SnipeZillah
    718 posts An Exciting Prospect
    khaldrogo wrote: »
    Can't wait for True Detective, the first season was phenomenal. Probably the best season of TV I've seen.

I love the cast, Vaughn suits the role of a villain perfectly. And Farrell is a solid actor.
    Me too, love how True Detective is getting these A-Listers, the show itself is quite reminiscent to Fargo for some reason

Fargo is a bit more light hearted but can't wait for the 2nd season of that as well
  • khaldrogo

Fargo is a bit more light hearted but can't wait for the 2nd season of that as well
    same here and I think it's just the fact that they both included actors that aren't normally associated with television

• SnipeZillah

same here and I think it's just the fact that they both included actors that aren't normally associated with television

Most of them do good jobs too, I absolutley love Liev in Ray Donovan
  • khaldrogo

Indeed, it's a shame all the big cash is in the silver screen, I'd love to see some actors on TV, especially Jake G, and Christian Bale
  • Skeeno
    79 posts Park Captain
    Essy wrote: »
    Just finished Dexter :cry:

Yeah, I think most people cried after that show went to ****. :cry:
  • khaldrogo
    Skeeno wrote: »
    Essy wrote: »
    Just finished Dexter :cry:

Yeah, I think most people cried after that show went to ****. :cry:

Tbh, I didn't completely hate the ending. The trucker/logger seen was slightly irrelevant though... :/
  • SnipeZillah

Indeed, it's a shame all the big cash is in the silver screen, I'd love to see some actors on TV, especially Jake G, and Christian Bale

I'd love to see Bale in a show
  • Tamerlane
    5281 posts Big Money Move

My favourite role of his was that one time when he played a fast-talking womanizer.
    I know, he's such a diverse actor. He can play beer-drinking layabout, beer-drinking working class male, beer-drinking womanizer-and he always adds such a dark, human element to the characters.
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain

I know, he's such a diverse actor. He can play beer-drinking layabout, beer-drinking working class male, beer-drinking womanizer-and he always adds such a dark, human element to the characters.
    Don't forget his best work as detective who doesn't get enough sleep

• Carswell
    7853 posts League Winner
    Ragnar Lothbrok in the OPs avatar. Yesssssssssssss
  • SnipeZillah
    Carswell wrote: »
    Ragnar Lothbrok in the OPs avatar. Yesssssssssssss
    One of the best characters on TV

• Teh Zombz
    3530 posts National Call-Up
    Agreed ^
    Vikings is a great show. I wish it was on Starz or HBO though
  • Low Ki
    11284 posts Has That Special Something
    Just watched the first 2 ep's of Daredevil. Really good...very noir-ish. Brutally violent too....Netflix is giving them a lot more leeway than most networks would give other shows. Very comparable in terms of the action scenes to Arrow except Matt Murdock takes hits just as well as parrying and dodging them and the violence has nowhere near the cartoony feel that show has.

Still waiting for Kingpin and hoping for some surprise characters to appear.
  • Low Ki
    Holy **** @ the end of ep 3's fight. This could get to Scorsece levels violence.
  • Teh Zombz
    3530 posts National Call-Up
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Holy **** @ the end of ep 3's fight. This could get to Scorsece levels violence.

The hallway fight is the best so far for me, pretty sure that was done in 1 take as well.

Hope the show continues to get better and better, loving it so far

• HolgerBadstuber
    5209 posts Big Money Move
    Chubbs wrote: »
    Why do people care if its different from the book? Seems like a hipster thing to do.
    Wouldn't be that bothered if every time they changed something it actually made sense or improved the plot in some way. They just seem to **** it up every time they try and move away from the books
  • Carswell
    7853 posts League Winner
    Teh Zombz wrote: »
    Agreed ^

I agree. Also agree that Ragnar is one of the best on TV. The show is brilliant. Rollo has to be my favorite though haha. Now I have someone else to talk about the show with!
  • SnipeZillah
    Carswell wrote: »
    Teh Zombz wrote: »
    Agreed ^

I agree. Also agree that Ragnar is one of the best on TV. The show is brilliant. Rollo has to be my favorite though haha. Now I have someone else to talk about the show with!
    Don't like rollo after what happened way back with him and ragnar but he is still quite awesome
  • Low Ki
    Wilson Fisk/Kingpin is brutal in this show. He
    decapitated a guy by repeatedly bashing his head in with a car door
    :#

Stopped last night at the cliffhanger ending to episode 5 and will continue with episode 6 today.

This show has set a new bar for comic book shows. The difference in quality between this and the CW shows or SHIELD/Carter is like night and day. This is HBO caliber. Seriously.
  • SnipeZillah
    Will be done half the season today, really good so far
  • khaldrogo
    Can't believe I've only just started arrested development, Gob is so funny haha
  • dannyboy
    12745 posts Has That Special Something
    Chubbs wrote: »
    Why do people care if its different from the book? Seems like a hipster thing to do.
    Because the TV show completely butchered the best parts.
  • Zipko
    102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Anyone else watch Justified?

I'm looking forward to the series finale next week. I think I'll buy a box set of all 6 series when it's out, definitely one of my favorite cable shows.