TV Series Thread

Comments

• Conor Afc
    388 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited May 2015
    Spleen93 wrote: »
    Strange finale episode of Mad Men.

I thought the very end was excellent, great way to finish. Wasn't overly impressed by the rest of the episode.

@Daniel @Conor Afc what did you guys think about it?
    Thought it was a bit underwhelming tbh. I liked that they didn't leave any loose ends, though.

I probably expected too much.
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13214 posts Has That Special Something
    edited May 2015
    SPOILER ALERT

disgusting how Sansa Stark got ❤️❤️❤️❤️ at the end of the episode, George R. R. Martin is a freak

Also something major needs to happen in GoT again, it seems to have been a while.
    Post edited by AFC AJAX NR 1 on
  • Wardhiigley
    1974 posts Play-Off Hero
    Thought it was fan service the way they tied up Peggy and Pete. I liked what the did with Joan. Thought the stuff with Stephanie was pointless, I guess it served a purpose to get Don to the commune but other than that nah not for me. The Coke thing was brilliant in my opinion.
  • Conor Afc wrote: »

I thought the very end was excellent, great way to finish. Wasn't overly impressed by the rest of the episode.

Thought it was a bit underwhelming tbh. I liked that they didn't leave any loose ends, though.

I probably expected too much.

Exactly what I was thinking. We all had our theories of how it would end, and this was much less dramatic than we had all imagined haha.

Still an okay way to end it I suppose. Tied everyone's stories up nicely.
  • Wardhiigley
    1974 posts Play-Off Hero
    Same thing happened with Breaking Bad and True Detective. Think Lost spoilt people into thinking everything needs to end with some sort of twist.
  • Crazy Creaky Jr
    6001 posts Big Money Move
    going to wtch Mad Men now
  • Crazy Creaky Jr
    6001 posts Big Money Move
    Good end, loved this show man. One of best tv shows of all time.
    Don (l)
  • SC1967
    10739 posts Has That Special Something
    SPOILER ALERT

disgusting how Sansa Stark got ❤️❤️❤️❤️ at the end of the episode, George R. R. Martin is a freak

Also something major needs to happen in GoT again, it seems to have been a while.

It was pretty sick but it's not as bad as some other scenes from the show.
  • SC1967
    On the topic of GOT, how bad are the Sand Snakes? Cringe every time they are on the screen, horrible actresses.
  • Chubbs
    14633 posts Has That Special Something
    How about we learn to use the spoiler tags.
  • Teh Zombz
    4567 posts National Call-Up
    Peaky Blinders any good?
  • Vivi
    51 posts Park Captain
    SC1967 wrote: »
    On the topic of GOT, how bad are the Sand Snakes? Cringe every time they are on the screen, horrible actresses.
    My thoughts exactly. That fight scene was comical.

• Teh Zombz wrote: »
    Peaky Blinders any good?

Great. Definitely recommend it.
  • Lard_Lad
    12757 posts Has That Special Something
    Teh Zombz wrote: »
    Peaky Blinders any good?

Just started watching it and enjoying it, only bad thing is it's set in Birmingham
  • mattk lfc
    790 posts Semi-Pro
    Absolutely hooked on Empire o:)
  • Warrior
    1782 posts Moderator
    GOT this season is not even that good.. Surprised tbh. Expected a lot more.
  • Daniel
    1755 posts Play-Off Hero

It was far from perfect, but a lot of that was personal to me. I wanted a lot more of the Pete, Peggy and Don triumvirate and far less of Joan. Saying that, I do completely respect the route she eventually took. She could've retired there and then and spent the rest of her life in the Bahamas, but instead she wanted to succeed at the highest level.

I find it impossible to provide a logical, unbiased opinion on anything involving Don, because he's such a fantastically written character and Hamm's acting is hugely emotive. The phone conversation with Betty, and the emotional connection and eventual cry with the speaker in the circle towards the end both affected me a lot. Those two scenes were as strong as I've seen.

The final scene could have gone so wrong, but the show has such a talented set of writers it avoided being cringey and instead became strangely profound. The smile on Don's face was rewarding after seeing him struggle emotionally for 92 episodes. It felt like the first time he has been emotionally stable and free of anxiety in many seasons. I've seen some suggest he had an 'a-ha!' moment and that ended up being the origin of the Coca-Cola advert that followed. I like that a lot.

• Wardhiigley
    1974 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited May 2015
    Daniel wrote: »
    I've seen some suggest he had an 'a-ha!' moment and that ended up being the origin of the Coca-Cola advert that followed. I like that a lot.

That's almost certainly what the ending meant. If you look closely you'll see that the girl at the reception that Don asks about Stephanie, a women from the Coke advert is based on her. That pretty much seals it.

EDIT: RMj0zln.jpg
  • Dawud
    16135 posts World Class
    Snakes storyline probably worst in the show
  • Dawud
    16135 posts World Class
    The whole Dorne storyline is a miss for me, really should have done some other story lines they skipped from the books.
  • Chubbs
    14633 posts Has That Special Something
  • SC1967
    The Flash finale was great, capped off a very good season nicely. Can't wait for next season.
  • SnipeZillah
    718 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The Flash finale was great, capped off a very good season nicely. Can't wait for next season.
    Can't wait for the legends of tomorrow too, sneaky little appearance by the characters too
  • SC1967
    Can't wait for the legends of tomorrow too, sneaky little appearance by the characters too

Not really bothered about that show to be honest. I like Ray and Martin Stein is okay but other than that there's no characters I like. Can't stand Sara and Captain Cold and Heat Wave are really cheesy.
  • Teh Zombz
    4567 posts National Call-Up
    Tourchwood is a fun show

Also, any news on the Connor Hawke story line on Arrow? We had a little teaser in one of the crossovers quite a while ago and nothing since
  • khaldrogo
    2200 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited May 2015
    My opinion on episode 6 of GoT
    Although controversial, I think the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ scene was fitting, it showed how similar Ramsay is to his dad who mentioned in the episode before how he r*ped Ramsay's mother in front of her husbands corpse. It's building hate for a satisfying Ramsay end in episode 9 imo
  • Vivi
    51 posts Park Captain
    edited May 2015

• Dawud
    16135 posts World Class
    Haha that was jokes when Alfie Allen came in
  • Vivi
    51 posts Park Captain
    N2BCbac.gif

• HolgerBadstuber
    5212 posts Big Money Move
    Just blitzed through season 1 of Modern Family, great stuff, really funny.