Dumb Players

gxcpl
140 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited April 2016
Guys... I've been playing Fifa 16 for a while now, but I'm still having a lot of problems with my dumb players. I don't know if it's something I'm pressing (or NOT pressing). And it's not only a feeling, all my friends seems to agree that something very weird happens every single time I take the joystick.

Basically, in every game I have a bad case of a CPU controlled defender (from my team) stealing the ball from the player I'm controlling, bumping into them and basically giving the ball back to the opponent, leaving both of my team's players on the ground... It's infuriating!
My goalkeeper seems to have the same IQ as an oyster and do bizarre plays ALL THE TIME. Punching easy balls right into my opponents feet, watching easy balls going to the net, letting every shoot from outside the box pass... I'm tired of struggling a lot to score and then watch my friends score with such ease...

It's not rare to see me cutting in front of an opponent carrying the ball and then watch them just walk by me, as if nothing happened (or as if they were a ghost, or something). Specially with high skilled players. My defenders seem to be always clueless about what's happening in front of them. But it NEVER happened in my favour. It's always against my team.

It's extremely common to see my opponents killing my counter-attack with a sliding tackle from behind and getting away with just a yellow card, while the referee seems to show yellow card after every single foul I do. Even those ones when I didn't press square, X or O... Yellow card from a bump.

I lost count on how many matches I lost with BS goals, or lost with BS keepers catching every shot from my team (while mine is harmless...).

My friends recover the ball easely, a lot of times with players they're not even controling, while I struggle to get it back (having to avoid even my own players to not lose it again!).

I'm not a newbie, but I'm not a Fifa Superstar (as many users here claim to be), and I'm really frustrated because this things only seem to happen against me!

Is it something I'm doing? Maybe, not doing? Are the odds always against me?
Or do I just suffer from a severe case of bad luck?

Please, help me! It's already a thing between my friends... Every time some bizarre/dumb play happens (even on real football), they say it's a "ME-PLAY"... Haha

*English isn't my first language... Sorry for all the mistakes...

Comments

• nanotech__
    917 posts Semi-Pro
    I would recommend playing with the Trainer feature for a few games. it could be that you are subconsciously holding your movement joystick in the wrong directions for half-seconds at a time, which is enough to create openings for your opponent to run through
  • gxcpl
    edited April 2016
    I don't know what happens... While I struggle a LOT to recover the ball (I use covering, L2 and all of that), my opponent take it back like if my player was a 5 year old child! It doesn't matter if I'm controling Messi and they're using a Striker with 22 Tackling. They will get the ball back with such ease it seems my player is drunk.
    In defense, I feel like all my players are ghosts and the ball just passes through their feet.
  • gxcpl
    edited April 2016
    I can honestly say that all the BS in this game makes me angry instead o amused while playing it... It's so clumsy and dumb.
    I bought a PS4 this year just to play football games, and bought Fifa 16... What a disappoinment...
  • Kasuyo
    574 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Trust me it happens to me, my gk could of caught an easy shot but instead parried it out and player got rebound goal. Every time I run up goal shoot catches it no problem, common FIFA error that needs fixing as so with players not moving towards ball when past to then.
  • gxcpl
    Know that feeling, bro...
  • gxcpl
    I should start recording my games... The BS level is too high...
  • gxcpl
    Last month, I had a draw on career mode. CPU scored at 90'... With the keeper... With a bicycle kick...
  • PelzyWelzy
    10341 posts Has That Special Something
    Goalkeepers punching the ball for no reason is definitely something that bugs me... Usually the ball is floating towards them, time for a cup of tea and a ciggie break before catching yet still they choose to use both fists to punch out whilst under no pressure whatsoever. Almost always landing at the feet of an opposing attacker.

Infuriating.
  • Virok
    35 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited April 2016
    You are no alone loool, this happens to me all the time. I usually struggle to create chances of goals, and when I do manage to create... BS shots, BS GK saves from the other team etc... I can't have fun with this game anymore, I am trying to reduce/stop playing this game(it is hard to stop lol) , I hope they improve many of theses things on Fifa 17 ..
  • gxcpl
    edited April 2016
    Every time I play against Neuer or Hart I feel I'm pointlessly trying to score. They catch every single shot I try and perform miracle-saves all the time!
    Neuer is a mind reader and totally OP, holding face-to-face shots like if they were passes. But Hart frustrates me a lot! He is like a wall (sometimes better, cause at least against a wall the ball bounces back!), catching every thing I try!
    Except when I'm playing with them on my goal, of course...
  • SuPeRz
    885 posts Semi-Pro
    gxcpl wrote: »
    Every time I play against Neuer or Hart I feel I'm pointlessly trying to score. They catch every single shot I try and perform miracle-saves all the time!
    Neuer is a mind reader and totally OP, holding face-to-face shots like if they were passes. But Hart frustrates me a lot! He is like a wall (sometimes better, cause at least against a wall the ball bounces back!), catching every thing I try!
    Except when I'm playing with them on my goal, of course...

Neuer!

Ridiculous!
  • gxcpl
    edited April 2016
    SuPeRz
    Know the feeling, bro!

And in your video I noticed something that happens to me a lot, too: for some reason (as if it wasn't enough to be Super-Man AND a mind-reader), Neuer is really lucky, too! Lots and lots of shots hit the posts/bar, or that perfectly-balanced shot from your best striker goes out. Or right into his super-man's hands.
  • SuPeRz
    885 posts Semi-Pro
    gxcpl wrote: »
    SuPeRz
    Know the feeling, bro!

And in your video I noticed something that happens to me a lot, too: for some reason (as if it wasn't enough to be Super-Man AND a mind-reader), Neuer is really lucky, too! Lots and lots of shots hit the posts/bar, or that perfectly-balanced shot from your best striker goes out. Or right into his super-man's hands.

Yup, this is how I lose most times. Other times I'm simply outplayed by someone better which I don't mind.

But seriously...losing like that so often is the most frustrating part about this game....HATE IT!
  • Wi1son73
    2940 posts National Call-Up
    Can't believe your in div2 playing like that mate... Really enjoyed your passing and build up, you make it look easy.
    You outclassed him in all ways, then got the cheek to play the fiddle after his bs goals
  • gxcpl
    Me, too. I don't mind losing if the other player was better! But I can count on my finger the times it actually happened...
    I just played one of those matches where my players struggle to do EVERY THING! They struggle to control every pass, can't kick properly, misses a lot of easy passes, run into each other, gives the ball back as soon as I recover... Even the goal I scored was clumsy as phuq (and it was a really easy situation)!
  • gxcpl
    Guess the keeper... Haha
  • SuPeRz
    885 posts Semi-Pro
    edited April 2016
    Wi1son73 wrote: »
    Can't believe your in div2 playing like that mate... Really enjoyed your passing and build up, you make it look easy.
    You outclassed him in all ways, then got the cheek to play the fiddle after his bs goals

*fiddle*... Cuz some ppl actually think they were better EVERY time they win.

You can win league titles playing like that as well B) . I just need to sit up and concentrate on defense (play hard, skate tackle etc). I had a really good custom formation that I used back then but I'm testing with a default formation in that vid. With the custom formation you can do even better close triangle passing moves. I started a thread to create a guide based on interest but no one replied and it's a lot of work to do it otherwise so I didn't bother.

Side note:
    I never understood for all my years of FIFA how people can constantly press and get in close and win the ball on the first tackle (since tactical defending was introduced). As you can see it takes me about three tackles to get the ball each time but I always say it's cuz of my weaker Barca players. I get "outmuscled" a lot with no fouls (Look at how he got the corner kick to score). I don't know...but if I could...the I'd be much better.

My defense always fails me. When I review my vids, I see where I'm auto switched to the wrong player and even auto switched off the right player etc. I don't know how to fix these things so that's why I'm always testing and experimenting....assuming that it's something wrong with my method.

• gxcpl
    I play with Barça too and I have the exact same issues. Tired of seeing my players being owned like they were kids... I don't trust my defense at all, specially my keepers. A lot of goals my opponents score are from dumb moves from my players. I feel like their IQ drops 80 points as soon as they enter the box (both mine and opponent's...) and they phuq things up constantly.
    Actually, I always miss those easy passes from inside the box, when you have another player running free. Is there any trick to complete those? My opponents seem to never miss, while I'm always delivering awful passes...
  • nea_tiki
    56 posts Park Captain
    the players in fifa 16 are so ❤️❤️❤️❤️... i remember in '13 when the attackers really tried to stay onside. now when i'm on the wing and look for a cross trying to find my center forward, i would expect him to stop and position himself around the edge of the 6 yard box, as a normal, not mentally challenged attacker would do. instead he usually runs straight into the opponent's goalkeeper for no reason. this is ridiculous. i adjusted the crossing in the tactics menu, tried everything from 20 to 80, but i don't see any visible difference.

does anyone have the same problem?
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    superz....see the lag thread on the fut section in general discussions.
    think your input may help or at least add a new direction.

we need to be able to go to ea and says "this is a problem" but without being able to find solid reasons i feel we have no chance.

ideally the game gets played on dedicated servers which then perform quality lag comp or they write code so both consoles talk and measure properly.

at the moment all i see is more and more people playing seasons and fut having issues.
  • gxcpl
    nea_tiki wrote: »
    the players in fifa 16 are so ❤️❤️❤️❤️... i remember in '13 when the attackers really tried to stay onside. now when i'm on the wing and look for a cross trying to find my center forward, i would expect him to stop and position himself around the edge of the 6 yard box, as a normal, not mentally challenged attacker would do. instead he usually runs straight into the opponent's goalkeeper for no reason. this is ridiculous. i adjusted the crossing in the tactics menu, tried everything from 20 to 80, but i don't see any visible difference.

does anyone have the same problem?

I've lost a lot of easy scoring opportunities because of my dumb players... All they have to do is to stand still and receive the pass instead of running right into the nearest defender.
    I think EA did this to prevent players exploiting the same play over and over (like it used to be in PES), but instead of offering you a chance to prevent this by defensive tactics, they prevent by making the attackers dumber... Defensive tactics are almost useless, you have to do it all by yourself, manually positioning your 11 players...
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    the defence acts the same way a lot.
    stands around...you switch and try to get close but thye end up selling themselves even with low momentum.

• nea_tiki
    56 posts Park Captain
    for me a better game would be more intelligent attackers vs. more intelligent defenders. but i don't see any progress in the last few years.
  • gxcpl
    edited April 2016
    nea_tiki wrote: »
    for me a better game would be more intelligent attackers vs. more intelligent defenders. but i don't see any progress in the last few years.

Sure thing!
    I think strategies could be more important than they are in Fifa 16... There's not much difference between how your team react to different settings and you can't really change the way your team is playing in the middle of the game, nor effectively change your defense to annul that same play you already know your opponent will try to do during the whole match.
  • gxcpl
    Another question: Is there any way to prevent sending both of my CB to a corner kick? I remember PES used to have a feature to select the players you wanted there. I'm tired of running like crazy with my RB/LB to prevent counter-attacks when a corner goes wrong, while both of my CB run back to defend like they were running their dogs at the park...
  • WSneijder10
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Fifa usually forces players , your pass goes to wrong direction, wrong players. I always say that We win whenever fifa wants we lose whenever fifa wants.
  • gxcpl
    There are matches where you can say your opponent's goal is jinxed... Ball hits bar, posts, keeper perform miracles... But your opponent seem to score with no problems at every chance they get...
    Have you ever faced Neuer?? Luckiest keeper on the game... I need to put a war to score against him, every time.
  • True. Fifa sucks
  • gxcpl
    My last game, everyone:

Share your thoughts about it, please...